The Return of Empoleon?

Aviste said:
I think that this deck really did make a comeback especially with the way I run my deck. I use mostly item draw instead of supporters so I get my hand down to a lower size allowing the Archie use. I feel that you should still run a few ultra balls because duskinoir and the discarding is nice. I also added one trump card so I can get energy back and avoid decking out. Especially with how much I discard lol.

And then it loses to Seismitoad because your hand is nothing but items... Archie is really bad when you can't use your trainers. With Seismitoad popping up in all sorts of decks, especially Yveltal now, it's difficult to justify an item focused way of getting Empoleon out. Sure, it might be faster against decks where you can use your trainers, but it's not all that more reliable, and auto-losses to Seismitoad. A Teammates focused deck with a heavy Miltank line (And a Prinplup or two) can actually stand against Seismitoad, and still does pretty well against the rest of the format. Also, instead of Dusknoir, try Greninja. Conserving damage is nice and all but being able to throw an extra 30-60 wherever you want it can be more helpful sometimes. Another upside to Greninja, is you can drop nearly all your Ultra Balls for Dive Balls.

I swampert has great synergy with empoleon his ability makes it so you can put a card on top of your deck and then use diving draw to get it. Not to mention when your done powering up that giant attack cost of 1 you can use your other turns to go to swampert to set up extreme KOs.

I mean I still run a 4-3-4 Line of Empoleon and rare candies. I just included Archie as one way to get one out.

Back