The Pokemon Trading Card Game Game

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Remember?

Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game_Coverart.png

I still have it, and I'm trying to build a deck that is virtually unstoppable in that game. Discuss this game, the decks you've built with it, and post a few lists if you really want to.

I'm hoping for a second version of this game that comes out on the DS, but that's unlikely...

RE: The Pokemon Trading Card Game Game.

I built a deck based around the Legendary Cards once. It won most of the matches I had. Sadly, my file seems to have gotten erased, probably when switching out the cartridge or something.

Oh, that stinks. I went straight Hitmon and it did decently. I ran Kangaskhan also, for draw power, and to stall.

my older brother stole mine cause i kept winning and he was jelose i am still tring to get it back, its been years

Espeon, we already have a 2nd game. It's based off of rocket or something... idk... you want a 3rd ;P

This game was amazing. The concept of being able to play a complex children's card game on your gameboy was amazing. A lot had to be done. Even so, the deck editor was almost as painful as pulling teeth. I could never figure it out. The AI were rather easy to shut out as well. A theme deck could get most players through the game without much hastle. Also, I don't think there was multiplayer. That would have been nice...

A sequel would be great but unlikely. We can only hope...

I have heard of the game to be good by many people. If they do make a remake to this game then I might get it. I just hope they make a remake of this game.

I played it a little it was really good.I had many wins but lost vs a Scientic deck who had mewtwo so i stoped playing i really want a game like that with new graphics and all cards to today

z-man said:
Espeon, we already have a 2nd game. It's based off of rocket or something... idk... you want a 3rd ;P

This game was amazing. The concept of being able to play a complex children's card game on your gameboy was amazing. A lot had to be done. Even so, the deck editor was almost as painful as pulling teeth. I could never figure it out. The AI were rather easy to shut out as well. A theme deck could get most players through the game without much hastle. Also, I don't think there was multiplayer. That would have been nice...

A sequel would be great but unlikely. We can only hope...
What? No we don't...do we?

EDIT: Apparantly we do...did it come out in the United States? Even so, we need one for the Diamond and Pearl sets and stuff.

It wasn't in the US IIRC.

dmaster out.

Aw, darn. I'm sure it would have been very popular here, because the first one was good. I don't know why they wouldn't release it here anyways...

i still have that game :3 and the promo meowth card that came with it. xD but yesh, if they were to remake it on like, the DS or something, i'd totally play it.

http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=79430 I will direct you to this thread on the TCG General Discussion Forum.

I remember playing my friend's game of this once, and I lost almost every round because I had little knowledge on the trading card game. Therefore, I can't form much of an opinion on it.

EspeonROX said:
Aw, darn. I'm sure it would have been very popular here, because the first one was good. I don't know why they wouldn't release it here anyways...

The reason we didn't get the sequel in English is because a good chunk of cards featured in that game are Japanese vending machine cards, cards which don't have English equivalents. Also, the cards only go up to Team Rocket; since America was welcoming Neo around the time the game came out, it would not make business sense to release a game with "old" cards.

I've played the sequel, and it's pretty fun. There's an option that lets you skip the flipping animation, which is a godsend for certain cards (GB Ninetales I am looking right at you). It has you collecting coins instead of medals (also cool), a second island, mini-games, and more. If you can find a ROM of it, I would suggest playing it, even if you can't read it (I can't and still had a blast playing).

Re: the first post, the only deck I've built that's been able to stand up to multiple types is the one I built around Fossil Moltres. Burn straight through their deck, lol.

I have the first one and love it. I built a deck around Blastoise and its Rain Dance power. It lost once, to the Zapdos guy near the end of the game >.<
I wish they'd make a sequel for DS and maybe have set updates by wifi or something.

My battery died on my English copy. Sad, because I had most of the cards and was doing a pretty darn good job. (Been playing on an emulator though.)

I also happen to own the Japanese version.
...so confusing.

Its so fun but i wish theplayers changed their decks because its gotten kinda boring

I have a copy of that game.

It's fun to play repeatedly with the grand masters

and I hated the psychic club, the leader Murray was very hard to defeat with all his Chansey and Snorlax

I loved that game. But I didn't like it that once I got the Legendary Cards, I found I had them already because you could get them in booster packs!

I loved this game and still have it, but a new one would be cool too. I wonder how many sets they could put in it.

Back