The Pokemon Ranger Questions and Answers Thread (WARNING: Post game spoilers!)

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3
In interest of helping out the beach and clearing the Ice Temple by myself after completing the game, I figured "Hey, why not make a Q&A thread?" So, therefore, I am making a Q/A thread for the beach. Now, I will list a few common questions that I think will come out.

Popular Question 1: Whenever I call one of the legendary birds, it attacks me. Why is that?
Answer: Sadly, you are unable to ride upon the legendary birds. The only flying Pokémon you can ride are Latios and Staraptor.

Popular Question 2: How can I relive the ending of the game just like I was able to in Pokmoné Ranger and Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia with the help of the Drowsy Man?
Answer: The Drowsy Man is in this game, by the Stone of Time, but this time he only lets you view the credits. To recapture Mewtwo, you'll first have to clear both of Nema's quests. After this, her machine, "The Many Times, Anytime Capture Machine" will let you travel to a virtual Dolce Island, where you can recapture past bosses or Pokémon the Pokémon Pinchers used against you that aren't elsewhere available for capture. Near the end of the island, you can recapture Mewtwo in it's form that Purple Eyes pitted you against.

Popular Question 3: I see old slates of Pokémon all around the place, such as an Abomasnow slate on Faldera Island. However, when I bring the Pokémon to its slate, the slate will not go away. Why is that?
Answer: As far as the slates are concerned, no Pokémon will break them. This is where the key word, old, comes in. You need to travel to the past and take care of the missions in the temple. As you clear missions and capture bosses, slates depicting certain bosses will break. Because this in the past, the slates in the present will break as well.

Popular Question 4: I am trying really hard to get Honckrow and Togekiss in the sky for Murph's quest. However, when I try to catch them, they get away. Why is that?
Answer: As I experienced, Murph intentionally picked two hard Pokémon. They both flee when you switch into high speed on Latios. What I recommend is going far to the side of the two pokemon, getting very close at low speed. Then, switch to high speed. Togekiss likes to sway and curve, so follow the curves the best you can. Honckrow will go faster than you and will not curve, so the take off at high speed is crucial.

Go ahead and ask questions. If you think you have a question that should be added up here, PM Chariblaze or I.

Timeline for Special Missions:
Deoxys and The Odd Temple- Available 10/4/10 - 1/12/11
Protect the Blue Sphere!- Available 10/4/10 - 1/12/11
Investigate The Odd Eruption- Available 10/14/10 - 1/12/11
Rescue the Lost Shaymin!- Available 11/15/10 - 1/12/11
Find Giratina's Griseous Orb! -Available starting 12/13/10
Pledge to Arceus - Available starting 12/13/10

RE: Official Q&A thread for Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (WARNING: Post game spoilers!)

I've only started the game, but I was wondering, is it possible to capture other Pichu aside from Ukulele Pichu? One concern I had with Shadows of Almia was that you only had one opportunity to capture a partner Pokémon, so if you got a bad ranking, you'd have to reset and perform the capture again for a good one. I have a bit of OCD with this -- I'm not satisfied with anything less than an S :D, and I keep getting A's catching the Ukulele Pichu, I guess due to my limited Styler capability (I got an A on the original Pidgey too).

Thanks in advance -- I'm really liking the game so far, even just from the presentation I've seen at this point.

RE: Official Q&A thread for Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (WARNING: Post game spoilers!)

Let's see here... after completing the game, I only noticed Pichu in a few areas after a certain quest, I will not ruin why they are not on Docle Island though. Before this quest, there is no other Pichu. However, there are 6 locations to find it after the quest later on. This quest is to reunite all the Pichu together. The six locations are as follows:
Bridge that leads to Wireless Tower
Right before Rasp Cavern
By Booker's House
The end of Dangerous Cliff
Docking zone on Faldera Island
By the waterfall at Silver Falls
Once again, these locations will be existant after you clear a certain quest.

Gary Walsh said:
I have a bit of OCD with this -- I'm not satisfied with anything less than an S

They've made this a lot more forgiving in this one; almost every single Pokémon is available for recapture (I'm not sure about one; I'll check it later). No need for stress before you're able to do a Charge Capture (Makes S-ranking extremely easy).

Plus, all of the boss pokemon may be rechallenged with a device of Nema's after the main game is completed.

Hey, I lost my game manual, so i'll ask this here: What do I have to do to transfer my Manaphy egg to my Soulsilver game? I completed the mission. But what do I do on soulsilver and what do I do on Pokemon ranger?

Tap "Send a Pokémon" from the Ranger Net menu. Tap "Send a Manaphy Egg" from there, and tap "Transmit". Going off of memory from the original Ranger, turn on the DS with SoulSilver. After getting past the title screen, I'm pretty sure the DS quickly checks for an event Pokémon signal. This would be where your Ranger signal would pop up. Something like "Connect to Pokémon Ranger" should pop up. This should transmit the Manaphy Egg.

Thanks! I got it now :) Same should work for Deoxys and Heatran, i assume.

I'm having trouble capturing the legendary birds for that mission. Any help?

I can assume that you are low powerwise. You should have AP saved on your styler. Use that to make upgrades. Besides that, nothing much I can say except be more evasive.

Actually my problem was catching up to them, but I managed to do it by using a charged Latios sign.

I am wondering: Is it possible to maake the text in the game go faster (when people speak for example)!? I have done it in every other game so far, but in this I can't figure out if there is a way to do it. And yes, I know you can press A or B og the touch screen to force it faster, but I am getting really sick of it!!!

I'll answer that while asking why this was unstickied. To get to the temples, you will go to the stone that Celebi came out of at the beginning of the game. Then, talk to Kira and the temples are there. WARNING! You will start wanting help at the Lighting Temple at the very latest. Trust me; I'm in an annoying situation with that.

I'm having a rough time at the Ice Temple because I have no one to play with. Everyone at my league forgets to bring their copy of the game.:(

I have a question regarding the quest given to you by Murph.
I know that Togekiss and Honchkrow are both found in the Sky of Oblivia but where?? I've been looking all over and still cannot find them :(

I've already captured Togekiss once during a quest where it was said to be found above where Dolce island was and it wasnt there anymore after I finished that quest...

For Togekiss, look in Altru Tower. For Honchkrow, look in Dark Temple.

I'm pretty sure this is right. Big Grin

I was asking about the quest in the new Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.... thank you though :)

As far as I know, there's not a single set location for Togekiss and Honchkrow. Both are scattered around the map each time you fly, or not even there at all. Personally, I just kept calling Latios from the Aqua Resort, going a little southeast until I saw a Pokemon, captured it if it was of the two, and repeated.

Back