RSE/FRLG The Pokemon Emerald Cloning Glitch

RE: Pokemon Emerald Cloning Glitch

Is this cloning risk free?
I lost my save file for my platinum and pearl by trying to clone.

It's not 100% risk free. I think if you forget to save or something, you'll lose the Pokemon. But the Save File is 100% safe, just be careful with the Pokemon. It's much easier than in D/P/Pt though.

dmaster out.

i tried it and my Lv. 100s got deleted

i stoped cloning my pokes because i thought it was wrong and now look at me i have 5 lv 100s and a lv 95 starraptor and the hundreds were not clones they were eggs

I got this to work all the time. Just don't turn off during the freeze and instead turn off right before you save and it will work.

I never tried cloning its risky i would if i could do it with a 98% chanch it will work
Also i thing if you try breed two cloned pokemon doesn't it lower the chance of a egg

If you follow the instructions exactly, and only clone one or two at a time, you're fine. The only horror stories I've heard from it are from people who clone 5 to 6 at a time.

Porygon-X said:
If you follow the instructions exactly, and only clone one or two at a time, you're fine. The only horror stories I've heard from it are from people who clone 5 to 6 at a time.

This is true, I lost my Latios and some other stuff this way.

Porygon-X said:

I've been using the glitch for quite a long time now -- I usually end up cloning three to five Pokémon at a time (for items almost all of the time to Pal Park), and I've never ever had a problem with it (*knocks on wood...*) -- that's why I use it over the DP glitch whenever possible. Unfortunately it's impossible to duplicate a full party of six in one shot though, the obvious reason being you can't deposit your last Pokémon into the PC.

The cloning glitch is risk free. The reason Pokemon are deleted is because after you save you add Pokemon to the box. This has the opposite effect of cloning and causes Pokemon to be erased, so make sure you only put Pokemon in the party from the box after saving.

It's risk-free if you do the steps in the correct order, yes. If you mess up and do the steps incorrectly, you end up totally losing the Pokemon you're trying to clone instead. I know this because I lost a shiny trying to clone it. (Fortunately, I'd already cloned it several times and migrated the copies to Diamond, so I'm fine.)

Strike! said:
The following is a post on how to clone Pokemon from GFAQ's Pokemon Emerald board:

1. Deposit the pokemon you want to duplicate in a box at any PC, and any box (up to five).
2. Save.
3. Take out the pokemon you want to duplicate from the box.
4. Go to the Battle Tower and talk to the lady on the far right, the one who hosts the Wireless battles.
5. Challenge the event and pick two eligible pokemon. It does not matter which event it is, as long as you have eligible pokemon.
6. The lady will ask if you want to enter those two pokemon. Select yes, and a two-second pause will occur.
7. When it asks if you want to save, say no and reset.
The post also contained a slide show if you don't understand the text. This glitch only works in Emerald version.

There is also a trick I read about on SPPF for copying items fast:

1. Go to the PC and, using the "Move Items" option, equip some items to Pokemon in the Boxes. (WARNING: if the pokemon already had an item it will be lost)
2. Exit the PC and Save.
3. Enter the PC and retrieve the Items using the "Move Items" option again.
4. Go to the Battle Tower and talk to the lady on the far right, the one who hosts the Wireless battles.
5. Challenge the event and pick two eligible pokemon. It does not matter which event it is, as long as you have eligible pokemon.
6. The lady will ask if you want to enter those two pokemon. Select yes, and a two-second pause will occur.
7. When it asks if you want to save, say no and reset.
8. Upon loading the saved game you will have all those items in the Bag AND in the Pokemon in the Boxes.
I modified greatfire's original instructions to make them easier to understand.

WARNING: If you soft reset/turn of the power during the two-second pause it may ERASE your save file. So use with CAUTION!

~Strike!

WARNING: If you save the game, and move / deposit a monster from your party to your PC (instead of withdrawing it from your PC), and then continue the trick as normal, the monster DELETES itself.  Please exercise caution when attempting this trick, and don't confuse depositing with withdrawing.  Make sure the monster that you are cloning is in the PC before you save the first time, and then, after withdrawing the monster, do not do anything else with the PC until the trick is over.

~DocRobot_K-176
Who would have guessed, that a glitch like this, on a Pokemon game existed. I think i'll go try it.

yeah the only risk is doing the steps wrong. I lost my legit kyogre for screwing up. worst part is it turned into a luvdisc holding an item i wanted to clone so it could use. KARMA!!

anyway, it IS harm free besides that. I've cloned A BILLION pokemon at least a year ago and my game is still fine.

if only i had another gameboy so i could clone my LeafGreen and Sapphire pokemon.

flygon222 said:
This is one of the most classic glitches, along with the Missingno. glitch (especially red and blue ones), and the truck from leafgreen and firered.

That's not a glitch...the developers purposely put it there because of nostalgia relating to the truck in the original games. In Red and Blue, the truck was rumored to have Mew under it. The developers decided to bring it back with a Lava Cookie under it so fans would remember.

I'm thinking yes, but can you do it playing in a DS system?

Yes you can, since you still soft-reset the same way, but it's generally easier to do it in a GBA system. (At least it is for me. Since a DS and a GBA soft-reset differently, sometimes I get mixed up on which to hit when playing in a DS.)

Thanks, now all I have to do is beat the game. (And they're going to White so I can put em on the GTS!)

Yeah, this works lol, I recall cloning 30 boxes of my level 100 Blaziken to trade off lol.

Back