RSE/FRLG The Pokemon Emerald Cloning Glitch

RE: Pokemon Emerald Cloning Glitch

TCG Trader said:
I still have no clue... I don't hack at all...
Rom hack= Kinda like a fake game (Pokemon chaos black/ Pokemon opal ect. )

This is glorious. I tested it on a peon Zigzagoon and it worked. Then I tested on multiple subjects (1 Solrock, 2 Zigzagoon), and it worked. Then I tried on my best Pokemon- Charizard, Groudon, Rayquaza, Tyranitar, and Skarmory. IT WORKED.

You are now officially my lord and savior. Thank you.

Because this is an important thread, I think I can post here despite the two-weeks posting rule. :/

Anyway, though, the glitch is glorious especially because it doesn't involve the Action Replay or any cheating device whatsoever. It's also a great way to clone rare candies so you can have a stash of them when you need one. It's also a great way to migrate legendaries to your DPP games so you have rare copies to trade with other people on Wi-Fi. I know I've done it. :3

- Luigi

Do not revive dead threads.

*Locked*

It's fine to post in dead stickied topics. :3 ~Xous

^ lol i laughed at that post so hard.
a mod locked a sticky.
anyways, i need to find my emerald to try this

What happens is the two second pause is a mini-save: It saves the fact that the pokemon are in your party. When you reset the game without saving, it recalls that the pokemon are in the PC and party so they are cloned.

I thought everyone knew about this. I guess it helps to let others know, but I seriously thought everyone knew.

Edit: Was I not supposed to post since the last post was 2 weeks old?

Sylux said:
I thought everyone knew about this. I guess it helps to let others know, but I seriously thought everyone knew.

Edit: Was I not supposed to post since the last post was 2 weeks old?

No, it's one of the many stickied threads in this forum, and stickied threads are immune to the "two week rule" of no posts.

I agree. This glitch helped me so much Pre-D/P. D/P had a harder cloning glitch, so I personally think this is the easiest one in this generation.

dmaster out.

Although you can't clone the 4th gen Pokemon. It takes about 35 minutes to clone in D/P unless you can get it almost every time. The cloning in D/P is very cumbersome (difficult. Just using a fancy word for a change) and I don't do either glitch though I should restart my Emerald some time so I can do the legendary Pokemon.:)

Wild Jumpluff said:
When I tried it, My game corrupted and I know I did it right

Are you SURE you did it right?

Or did you literally soft reset right when the save message showed up? If you did, chances are you did it too quickly, because there is nothing wrong with this glitch.

I Love This glitch, especially when you have a shiny on emerald, then you can get anything you want on wifi

Guy89 said:
I Love This glitch, especially when you have a shiny on emerald, then you can get anything you want on wifi

who in the heck invented the glitch!! It is total epicness

FML, I just had to restart emerald, days before I found this. I hate my luck >.<

I found this out a long time ago i coppied 25 raquazaqs but it deleted my kiogre and my groudon and i didn't even do anything to them!:({G}{G}{G}

I'm about to start up my old Emerald and start cloning [size=-3]even though i migrated all my good ones and never beat the game even though I've had it since i was about 6[/size] some Mudkips. XD Too bad I never beat the game, I'll try to hustle and use my EV knowledge to train them. 57 elite Blazikens, here I come...

bobower9000 said:
I found this out a long time ago i coppied 25 raquazaqs but it deleted my kiogre and my groudon and i didn't even do anything to them!:({G}{G}{G}
You deserve it. Guys, cloning a Pokemon once or twice is reasonable, but do not abuse it. Last year, I used probably about 200 cheat codes with an AR in Platinum, but when I beat the elite 4 using the Hold R=1HKO cheat, I realized that I really needed to stop. In another game, I pwnd Cynthia for the first time, using a Torterra, an Empoleon, an Infernape, a Staraptor, a Magnezone, and an Alakazam, all L79. The starters were traded over from pearl as eggs, with no cheat codes used, and it felt great. If you learn anything from me, let it be that it's wrong to exploit glitches like this. Or that Alakazam slaughters ALL! MWAHAHAHAHA! >;D But seriously. Exercise restraint.

Okay, I've known about this for a while, but only just read this here.

You do realise that this glitch can be very useful for baleeting irritating pokemon? Here's what I do:

1- I get the six (not five) Pokemon that I want to clone, making sure that there are at least two that are different (5 Spinda 1 Pichu)

2- I give them the items I want cloned, again making sure that there are at least two different (One Master Ball for each Spinda, and Exp Share for Pichu)

3- I get a crap pokemon that I don't really want (Pre-cloned Zigzagoon (Probably worth noting that this is me cloning for items, not Pokemon))

4- I deposit the six Pokemon I want to clone in a box, preferably side-by-side in a row. Now, the only Pokemon in my party is that crappy Zigzagoon.

5- I save the game.

6- Now I get out the six Pokemon that are destined for the cloning machine and deposit the Zigzagoon. Doesn't matter where.

7- Chat to the lady on the far right for a link multi-battle whatever challange. Select 'Open Level' and enter two different Pokemon holding different items (Spinda with Master Ball and Pichu with Exp Share)

8- Saving, don't turn off the power... Go on, blatently disregard a direct warning and turn off your console/soft reset et.

9- Now you will get a message reading 'Your save file file was corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded' That means you've succeeded. Even though your save file was apparantly corrupted, you will still be in front of the lady whose instructions you completely ignored.

10- Check your party. You should have all six of the Pokemon, with all the items you gave them.

11- Check your computer. You should notice two things: First, you have another copy of the desired Pokemon in your box. Second, you'll notice that that pathetic waste of space that was called a Zigzagoon is gone, permabanned from your game. Well done!!

It's also probably worth noting that this is near-impossible to stuff up, so if you do manage to screw up your save file, there's no-one to blame but yourself. Go hang your head in shame

*Posts on age-old topic*

Back