Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

RE: The Tin or Promo Box "Pull Rates" Thread

I think it's official, Phantom Forces pull ratios in anything other then a booster box or elite trainer box, suck. Especially compared to Flashfire and Furious Fists.

I've opened up 8 of those 3 packs from Phantom Forces, pulled maybe 4 holos and thats it.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore Phantom Forces packs singly or in 3 packs, I will buy a booster box someday, maybe another elite trainer box if the price is right. Then if I don't gat Manectric Full Art or Gengar Full Art in those I'll just buy them on ebay and call it day. To be honest I don't really care for the full art trainers or holos from this set.

I just picked up 2 Phantom Forces 3 pack blisters. I got one and gave the other to my little brother.

Mine:
Heliolisk holo

My brothers:
2 SR M Manectric EX

I still can't believe that he got TWO SRs in one 3 pack.

Phantom Forces Elite Trainer Box.

Dialga EX
Gigalith (Holo)
Gourgeist (Holo)

Phantom forces trainer box got a full art malamar ex....not horrible!

Finally found the Phantom Forces Trainer Box.

Pack 1: Holo Pyroar.
Pack 2,3,5,6 and 8: Nada
Pack 4: Holo Regigigas
Pack 7: Holo Heliolisk

I suppose it's not too bad but compared to some of the pulls I've read from these here, at least one EX or FA, it's not great either.

Yes, well that aside I really would have preferred to still get a EX or FA...the best would have been the secret rare Dialga EX full metal FA card. I mean 5 out of my 8 packs were still basically junk after all.

Maserati777 said:
I think it's official, Phantom Forces pull ratios in anything other then a booster box or elite trainer box, suck. Especially compared to Flashfire and Furious Fists.

I've opened up 8 of those 3 packs from Phantom Forces, pulled maybe 4 holos and thats it.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore Phantom Forces packs singly or in 3 packs, I will buy a booster box someday, maybe another elite trainer box if the price is right. Then if I don't gat Manectric Full Art or Gengar Full Art in those I'll just buy them on ebay and call it day. To be honest I don't really care for the full art trainers or holos from this set.

This is so strange. Between my trainer box and a few 3-packs i have 2 ageslash, gold m gengar, regular m gengar and a full art gengar :/ maybe people in your area are weighing packs or something?

Elite Trainer Box: 2 holos and a Manetric EX. Well I'm done buying packs from English sets.

MrSquarepants said:
Elite Trainer Box: 2 holos and a Manetric EX. Well I'm done buying packs from English sets.

What are you complaining about...?

Luispipe8 said:
Phantom Forces Elite Trainer Box:
-Chandelure Holo
-Jamming Net Holo

I think that, as long as you either:

a) Get playable cards.
b) Get cards you needed.
c) Get at least 2 Holos or an EX.
d) Or any combination of the above.

you got yourself a nice box. In my case, in that same box I got a Reverse Foil VS Seeker and a couple Battle Compressors, so I'm taking it like it was worth it. Or, at least that's how I see it.

I personally don't think an Elite Trainer Box is worth it unless you get at least 1 ex.

My first elite trainer box I got a Full Art Lucario, my second had a secret rare Heracross, the 3rd a full art Malamar and the 4th just a regular Mega Lucario Ex, so for me the 4th wasn't worth it, I'm happy I got an ex and I know some people can buy etb's and get no ex's so I've been lucky that I've pulled ultra rares in each box.

Totally agree with you Maserati777. Without an EX or at least a FA, the ETB's don't really balance out the worth factor. Granted 3 of my 8 packs had holos but none that I needed and in fact I already had the Pyroar as well as Regigigas (albeit reverse holo). I would have gladly 'traded' one of those two pulls for Manectric EX or even gotten it from one of the five letdown packs. I mean at least give me a Diancie that I can throw in the Xerneas battle deck.

Thing is of course most of the cards I need (since I rarely play and certainly not competitevely) are the EX's, FA's, or sometimes reverse holo but I had already gotten what I needed (Dedenne and Klefki).

One Darkrai 3 pack and one Shiftry 3 pack from phantom forces...pulled absolutely nothing. The 3 packs are worth it because at worst you get a nice holo promo and a coin along with 3 packs for $11.99 so for your money you actually come out ahead no matter what the packs have...

The booster boxes are definitely worth it especially when you don't have any of the cards in the set yet.

However, I do agree with most of you that the elite trainer boxes are not worth it. Depending on where you can buy one, they are $39.99-$53.99 and even if you get one ultra rare or secret rare through an extreme stroke of good luck, you still vastly overpaid for what you got. Although I buy trainer boxes here and there, I do so because I want the actual box and dice, not because I'm expecting to get good pulls.

Also, buying single packs is just horrible. Those are the only thing worse than a trainer box. So, all that being said, even though some promo packs and boxes can be worth it (like the "mega" boxes and 3 packs) the trainer boxes and single packs are horrendous. Pokemon Company really stacks the odds in their own favor big time; I'm sure everyone will agree that for the money you spend, the pull ratio of valuable cards to bs rares like diggersby (why oh why is this rare??? Because pokemon company wants me to have 35 diggersby and not one chandelure, that's why.) just doesn't add up.

I mean they've already got us hooked. We all buy tons of cards, most of us always will, they can at least package their stuff to contain better pulls.

Like you I only buy ETB's because I like the way they look. That means I only buy one, which is all the more reason I pray for decent pulls, I won't be making that same purchase twice. Here they're like $43 dollars and change after taxes. Similarly I only buy the three packs once for the promos, after that first time it basically becomes not worth it since I already have the promo card and don't really play much (ignoring the multiple comments on how most promos aren't playable). But that first time makes it all worth it. The only exceptions here is if I need the card for other reasons, maybe it fits for more than one binder I have, like the one pack Greninja.

Don't suppose we have any ideas on pull rates for the M. Metagross EX collection yet? This might help me determine if I buy the collection itself or just find the two cards (technically four I need two copies of each) on ebay.

Luispipe8 said:
MrSquarepants said:

What are you complaining about...?

lol that box was not bad but I forgot to mention I also bought 12 loose packs from Target but I'm not allowed to post about it since they contribute nothing to this thread but suffice to say... they weren't good...

And the day before which I don't remember if I posted...

2 Dark Type Greninja promo packs 1 rare, 1 holo Slurpuff
1 Darkrai blister pack 1 holo (can't remember which one)

Phantom Forces packs opened alltogether so far... 25. 1 EX. 6 Holos. 18 rares...

So that's my official reason to complain.

In my case I had terrible luck with the 3 pack blisters from Phantom Forces, nothing in 8 of them. In fact I was having a bad luck streak.

But then randomly in the last 2 days I pulled Full Art Metal Dialga, Full Art Gengar, Full Art Manectric, Full Art Lucario, SR Mega Lucario, Dragonite Ex and Mega Gengar Ex in like 25 regular booster packs I bought at Meijers for $3.35 each.

Of course I've opened over 60 packs of Phantom Forces when you take into account the blister packs, loose packs and the etb and have only gotten 5 ex's, but 4 of them were full arts and they were all the cards I wanted from the set and when you take into account my 2 Phantom Gate booster boxes I've pulled every ultra rare from the set except Manectric Ex, Dialga Ex, Aegislash Ex and the 2 Mega secret rares.

I don't think I will buy a booster box from the set now even though I'm still missing a few holos/exs.

Found the Collector's Chest today.

XY pack: Aegislash reverse holo
Flashfire pack: Toxicroak EX FA, not too bad even though I already have one randomly hanging around already.
Furious Fists pack: Clawtizer holo
Phantom Forces pack 1: Nada
Phantom Forces pack 2: Nada

It's kind of sad that the most recent set seems to have the worst pulls.

Found the Hoenn Collection, Primal Groudon EX only. Looks like I'll have to get Primal Kyogre EX on ebay if I want it.

Furious Fists pack: Nada
Phantom Forces pack 1: Nada
Phantom Forces pack 2: Lysandre's Trump card FA, wouldn't be so bad if that wasn't already the one trainer FA I already had from this set.

I think I'd have a heart attack if I ever pulled a SR M. EX card...

Bought a keldeo tin (Also needed for deck) while looking for the elusive plasma storm packs. I thought "The best of tins dont have meloetta, this one does. It must have plasma storm!"

The packs were: 1 Legendary Treasures
1 Boundaries crossed
1 Plasma Blast
1 Next destinies (Surprised me to be honest)

I pulled: 1 White kyurem EX (LTR)
1 Gold potion

Not complaining, but could be much better.

Back