The Legend of Zelda Series (Info, News, & Discussion)

Blob55 said:
BTW, do we ever find out what happened to aLttP Link after LA?

for all we know, he died at sea, or made it back to hyrule.

until nintendo tells us, we wont know :/
or if they make new a game in the fallen timeline that takes place after LA and explains what happened to him...

But A Link Between Worlds DOES take place after LA. Couldn't Nintendo just of had one of the NPCs explain what happened?

I just got my Majora's Mask Soundtrack from Club Nintendo!!!

I love Majora's Mask so much! And I really hope a remake is made in the coming years!
Crossing fingers for 2014, but seeing as how Hyrule Warriors is coming..... unlikely.
But who knows, this year we got both Wind Waker HD and ALBW!

I'm taking all hints towards a remake/sequel of Majora's Mask with a very large grain of salt, in a similar vein to all of the Hoenn remake stuff. As much as I would love to see either a remake or a sequel (after all, it is my favourite game in the series, and also my husband's), I know how excited and overenthusiastic fans can be about things like that. If/When such a thing is announced, I will jump for joy, but in the meantime, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Also, I don't really think the Hyrule Warriors release will impact the release of a main series Zelda game, whether new or sequel or remake or anything. It looks cool, but it's just a spin-off/crossover.

I guess it's time for me to contribute to this.
I haven't played many LoZ games. In fact, I've only played two: OoT3D and Four Swords. And I have to say that OoT was one of the best games I've ever played in my life. Simple as that. Although I haven't had the chance to play another Zelda game since I finished Ocarina's Master Quest for the second time, I have delved into the world of the game and have done my study of the timelines. Admittedly, I don't really like the timeline split. It makes things too complicated, and a bunch of Zelda games seem to have been just thrown in, making the continuity inexistent in some cases. But despite that, I generally like the whole theme and idea (although having a Link or two less wouldn't hurt).
The music of the games was a surprise for me when I first played. Rarely have I witnessed better soundtracks. The Song of Time and Ganondorf's piano theme have to be two of my favorite soundtracks. Especially Song of Time...

Ice Jackal said:
I guess it's time for me to contribute to this.
I haven't played many LoZ games. In fact, I've only played two: OoT3D and Four Swords. And I have to say that OoT was one of the best games I've ever played in my life. Simple as that. Although I haven't had the chance to play another Zelda game since I finished Ocarina's Master Quest for the second time, I have delved into the world of the game and have done my study of the timelines. Admittedly, I don't really like the timeline split. It makes things too complicated, and a bunch of Zelda games seem to have been just thrown in, making the continuity inexistent in some cases. But despite that, I generally like the whole theme and idea (although having a Link or two less wouldn't hurt).
The music of the games was a surprise for me when I first played. Rarely have I witnessed better soundtracks. The Song of Time and Ganondorf's piano theme have to be two of my favorite soundtracks. Especially Song of Time...
OOT is Amazing!
You should eventually play more games in the series, you won't be disappointed!

Ice Jackal said:
I don't really like the timeline split. It makes things too complicated, and a bunch of Zelda games seem to have been just thrown in, making the continuity inexistent in some cases. But despite that, I generally like the whole theme and idea (although having a Link or two less wouldn't hurt).

The timeline split was made in an effort to organize the mess they made by making the games separately, but it does make sense. By quantum inmortality, there should be at least two timelines after every game, one where link loses and one where he wins. But ocarina gets another, where link not only wins, but also goes back and prevents ganondorf's takeover. I guess they used ocarina as the shatterpoint because of its relevance and its connection to time; but the split is brilliant, there are not many games willing to adress what happens after you lose and how are you able to continue (only bioshock infinite comes to mind).

professorlight said:
The timeline split was made in an effort to organize the mess they made by making the games separately, but it does make sense. By quantum inmortality, there should be at least two timelines after every game, one where link loses and one where he wins. But ocarina gets another, where link not only wins, but also goes back and prevents ganondorf's takeover. I guess they used ocarina as the shatterpoint because of its relevance and its connection to time; but the split is brilliant, there are not many games willing to adress what happens after you lose and how are you able to continue (only bioshock infinite comes to mind).

I agree, I love the timeline split! It has never confused me and I don't feel like any games were thrown in, it all makes since. And I believe the Zelda series is as popular as it is today because of the split. The Zelda series was one of the first to release games that weren't in a specific order, but then eventually formed into a timeline to make since. A lot of games and tv series have learned from Nintendo and the Zelda series.

I'm not saying that the time split is bad. However, it should have been introduced earlier. As a concept, it's actually really nice. It's just that sometimes it's overwhelming.

A fanmade live action movie was released this week. And it's about the well loved game: Majora's Mask!
Click here to watch it - 'Skull Kid: A Zelda Legend'

I thought it was pretty cool for a fan film. Certain parts weren't portrayed as I would have as the director, but I'll end up watching it another time or two.

Question of the Week:
If you have played 'Skyward Sword' or Wii's version of 'Twilight Princess,' you'll remember that a Wii Remote, (Motion +), and a Nunchuck were used as the controls. With Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U coming out, do you want motion controls to return? Or would you prefer using the Wii U gamepad alone. Or would you like to have both options by your side?

I think it would be best if it they offered both options so people could choose which they prefer, but I really liked the motion controls personally, especially in Skyward Sword (just not the flying controls; ohgod, I hope to never fly with a wiimote again).

To celebrate the huge success of 'A Link Between Worlds,' Nintendo is offering 'The Legand of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition' on the 3DS eShop for free! But the game will be removed from the eShop on February 2nd. The moto for this event is,"4 Swords, 4 FREE, 4 Days Only!"

Additionaly, 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past' is now available for purchase on the Wii U eShop as a Virtual Console title.

NOTE: It's for Americans only, so anyone who really wanted to play Four Swords without at least 2 GBAs and people is screwed. :/

Yeah, a friend told me about this and then I got super bummed when I saw FSA wasn't even available on my European DS. Sadface is sad. Still cool for the Americans, though.

I'm going to use the format from the opening post here:

Why are you a Zelda fan? It's something I've played or watched someone play since it very first came out, it's always been there

What's your favorite Zelda game? Majoras mask. It was different, I loved collecting the masks, and I loved how it was all the same characters in a different dimension.

What was the first Zelda game you ever played? The first one, the top down one. Though at the time I couldn't make heads or tails of it and when my dad came back in the room after making a drink he wasn't amused...hehehe

What's your favorite item? The bow, in all of them. Love it.

What's your favorite background music from the games? I like the oracle of ages/seasons music mostly, it's all nice and retro.

Do you prefer handheld or console Zelda games? I couldn't choose. Anything from Gamecube backwards.

Where can future games fit into the timeline? I've bought the games after Windwaker out of fan love but honestly I've played them once and put them away, half of me considers not bothering in future because they simply aren't up to my standards.

USAopoly has announced that the first ever Zelda themed Monopoly board game will be released this fall!
You can see the Hylian Shield Monolpoly piece on the far right and Link's Iron Boots on the far left.
(From the 2006 Monopoly: Nintendo Edition)
[img=350x200]http://www.clickonline.com/Common/Helper/DownloadImage.Ashx?ImageId=312781&ImageSize=Medium&Key=7e8209369366a061f0c03d138678450[/img]

In Super Smash Bros 3DS news, the Twinrova sisters, Kotake and Koume, will appear as stage hazards in the Gerudo Vally arena!
smash_20140303.jpg

Back