• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

The Juggernauts: Victini/Bouffalant/Mewtwo EX

TheBugManiac

Mi aerodeslizador es lieno de anguilas
Pokemon: 10

4 Victini NVI #15
2 Emolga DRX
2 Bouffalant BW
2 Mewtwo EX

Trainers: 38

4 N
4 Professor Juniper
3 Bianca
3 Random Receiver
4 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Energy Switch
1 Tool Scrapper
4 Exp. Share
3 Skyarrow Bridge
2 Super Rod

Energy: 12

4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Fire Energy

Strategy:

This deck is built to exploit a hole in the current meta: the first two turns. Mewtwo EX is the only thing that regularly attacks on the first turn, and the second turn doesn‘t add a lot to the list (Darkrai w/ Dark Patch and fast Ho-Oh setups being the most dangerous ones). This means you should have enough of a time frame to beat down with V-create, doing EX-like amounts of damage with a non-EX. The deck is geared toward getting the T2 V-create as often as possible, and use Exp. Share, Energy Switch and DCE to pour out an endless stream of disposable, highly economic attackers. Bouffalant was included over Terrakion because it doesn‘t need Fighting Energy, which helps my consistency, and while it would be nice to OHKO Darkrai EXes, trading OHKO‘s for 2HKO‘s with an EX isn‘t that bad. Actually, this deck doesn‘t mind prize racing in general: it‘s fast, it easily streams attackers, and isn‘t heavily dependant on EXes.

Possible Changes:
I‘m currently considering the following changes:

Adding Tornadus EX
More Tool Scrappers
Hammers

Suggestions on what to take out for any of the above cards are very welcome.
Let me know what you think about this idea, and please point out any flaws in my thinking.​

Tornadus EX/Skyarrow doesnt seem like a bad option. Personally Ive used 1/2 Reshirams in any fire deck ive played. Suprise Blue Flare can be brutal.

Personally, this deck sits well. It seems like something I would test out for laughs - and by that I mean it seems that it would cause the opposition some frustration.

That said, I would do this:

-1 Skyarrow
+1 Sableye (Example)

The idea is this: Use any status condition attack to either stall, force some more wasted resources in an early retreat or switch

You could take it a step further and work in some Darkness Energy to reuse your Items, as well as work in 1 or 2 Energy Search to aide in that potential.

Just know I only use Sableye as an example. There are a handful of Pokemon with a colorless cost to inflict a condition, this is just one of the more popular ones. Also the lack of weakness may work with this deck.

That's a very interesting idea, but I'd rather run something with no retreat cost: without a Skyarrow, a Sableye start makes it impossible to attack for serious damage on turn 2. I could see it being useful later in the game though...

I'm playing around with two Tornadus EX instead of a Bouffalant and something else at the moment. Any suggestions as to what to take out?

Back