Help The "Is There A Card That Does This?" Thread

Oh man. I did not see it getting this specific.

As for the format, it looks like I'm going down the unlimited route as I'm focusing heavily on the Neo set babies. I played the game from 1998-2002 and I don't remember anything specific from that era. I've been trying to scour for the information, but I haven't turned up with anything as of yet.
You might find it difficult to obtain real copies of Neo-era babies for your kids due to their scarceness, and because they can be expensive. It will definitely be much easier and cheaper to begin with the current era. Either way, there's really only Pokemon Fan Club from Aquapolis that specifically helps out babies. A lot of cards actually exclude babies from their effects, or otherwise negatively impact them. As for other cards that help your Baby Pokemon, they are probably going to be more specific to the Baby Pokemon you're building your deck around.

Hey everyone,

I was thinking about teching a card into one of my decks and remember coming across a card in the standard format that made every pokemon on your opponent's side requiring an additional energy to attack. For the life of me I can't remember what that card was.

Does anyone know off the top of their head which card I am talking about?

Trevenant from Breakpoint or Breakthrough (I mix the two up) is the one that comes to mind. He has to be the active for it to work though.

Pokemon that have Abilities that activate when in the Active position tend to work as good "walls", so here is all of those Pokemon in the Standard format. =)

Absol XY Promo
Lugia FCO
Machamp EVO
Diancie-EX
Wobbuffet GEN
Froslass GEN
Trevenant BKP
Suicune BKP
Yveltal BKT
Malamar AT XY Promo
Pangoro XY Promo
Meowistic XY Promo

Here's some other interesting Basic Pokemon walls:

Mew EVO
Magearna-EX (more as support for your walls)
Klefki STS (attach to one of your walls)
Carbink FCO
Raikou BKT
Celebi XY Promo

is there a card that helps with energy acceleration for steel types for standard. Bronzong used to have that role before rotation, so now wondering if there are any others pokes with beneficial abilities for steel types or that helps move metal energies around faster from hand discard deck whatever?

is there a card that helps with energy acceleration for steel types for standard. Bronzong used to have that role before rotation, so now wondering if there are any others pokes with beneficial abilities for steel types or that helps move metal energies around faster from hand discard deck whatever?
Unfortunately there is not any steel-specific Energy acceleration like Bronzong. Here's a list of Pokemon up to Steam Siege that can accelerate Energy cards in general, that I compiled a while back.

All right. I'm looking for a weird set of Pokémon. I'm looking for the following Basic or Stage 1 Pokémon:

- Can dodge attacks through Pokémon Power/Abilities (Fossil Haunter or 'Fluff' Jumpluff)

- Can only be attacked if a certain condition is met (Mysterious Treasures Mr. Mime)

- Can 'cheat death' (Neo Revelations Celebi, Gold Star Celebi)

I'm not too concerned about what type the Pokémon is at this point. I'm just trying to see what sort of odd stuff is out there. Primarily, I'm making an unlimited deck that can be beaten by new players and competitive players alike, but it will take them a while to do it because of 'dodgy' powers and such.

All right. I'm looking for a weird set of Pokémon. I'm looking for the following Basic or Stage 1 Pokémon:

- Can dodge attacks through Pokémon Power/Abilities (Fossil Haunter or 'Fluff' Jumpluff)

- Can only be attacked if a certain condition is met (Mysterious Treasures Mr. Mime)

- Can 'cheat death' (Neo Revelations Celebi, Gold Star Celebi)

I'm not too concerned about what type the Pokémon is at this point. I'm just trying to see what sort of odd stuff is out there. Primarily, I'm making an unlimited deck that can be beaten by new players and competitive players alike, but it will take them a while to do it because of 'dodgy' powers and such.
I'm thinking of toxicroak from fates collide, which is unaffected by poisoned Pokemon's attacks, combined with ariados, lasers, and virbank city gym, it could be a viable rogue deck for ya :)

Here's as many Pokemon that I could find, @Merovingian!

Pokemon that can dodge attacks:

Noivern FFI
Cinccino LTR
Swablu DX
Jumpluff AQ
Jumpluff SW

Pokemon that can be attacked only if a certain condition is met:
Greninja XY Promo
Toxicroak STS
Aegislash-EX
Smoochum HS
Cleffa HS
Magby CoL
Tyrogue HS
Elekid TM
Igglybuff HS
Pichu HS
Milotic SV
Mime Jr. COL
Mr. Mime SV
Mr. Mime MST
Mr. Mime ex
Mr. Mime JU
Latias-EX
Shedinja SV
Dustox PL
Budew SF
Shuckle SW
Unown Q

Pokemon that can be attacked only be certain Stages:
Mew EVO
Carbink FCO
Giratina-EX AOR
Beautifly ROS
Pyroar FLF
Sigilyph
Silver Mirror
Suicune PLB
Klinklang PLS
Rapidash AR
Lunatone SV
Mewtwo Lv.X
Milotic GE
Wobbuffet PK
Ninetales PK
Sableye PK
Shuckle UF
Mysterious Shard
Banette CG
Dustox ex
Altaria DX
Team Rocket Returns
Dewgong RG
Ninetales HL
Shedinja DR
Wobbuffet SS

Pokemon that can cheat death:
Celebi XY promo
Robo Substitute
Focus Sash
Shedinja DRX
Shedinja DX
Cofagrigus NVI
Machamp Lv.X
Celebi Star CG
Hoppip RR
Skiploom RR
Jumpluff RR
Focus Band
Giovanni's Machamp

Thank you, bbninjas & Yanmega for the suggestions!

That's quite an exhaustive list. I looked trough all of them and there's a lot of gold in there. I tried conducting my own search and found barely a fraction of what was in that list. I found the RR Jumpluff, but it's interesting to see that the WHOLE EVO LINE has the same ability and have the potential to be unkillable. It's interesting.

But the psychic Shedinja (the one that doesn't award a prize card when knocked out). That's going to fit the bill!

Which Standard-legal Basic or Stage 1 cards can rearrange the top X cards of your opponent's deck?

Which Standard-legal Basic or Stage 1 cards can rearrange the top X cards of your opponent's deck?
Here's a list of Standard cards that can rearrange the top cards of your opponent's deck:

Aipom STS
Diglett GEN
Baltoy AT
Xatu ROS

Is their anything to bypass abilities on your turn other then playing silent lab? In standard format.
Here's a list of Standard cards that can turn off Abilities:

Giratina XY Promo
Wobbuffet GEN
Garbodor BKP
Greninja BKP
Hex Maniac
Silent Lab

Is there a card ... that as AOR Vaporeon/Flareon/Jolteon would change the type in other types ? Specifically in Grass type?

Which cards can inflict special conditions via ability? So for example like Ariados.
In Standard + Sun and Moon

Which cards can inflict special conditions via ability? So for example like Ariados.
In Standard + Sun and Moon
To answer your question:

Meowstic PRXY - Triggers upon being hit by an attack.
Haunter BKT - Triggers upon evolution.
Hypno BKP - Triggers upon you using the ability.
Ariados AOR - Triggers upon you using the ability.
Servine FAC - Triggers upon evolution.
Toxapex SM (Scroll down) - Triggers upon opponent retreating a Pokémon.

If there is any I have missed, I am very sorry.

Here's as many Pokemon that I could find, @Merovingian!

Pokemon that can dodge attacks:

Noivern FFI
Cinccino LTR
Swablu DX
Jumpluff AQ
Jumpluff SW

Pokemon that can be attacked only if a certain condition is met:
Greninja XY Promo
Toxicroak STS
Aegislash-EX
Smoochum HS
Cleffa HS
Magby CoL
Tyrogue HS
Elekid TM
Igglybuff HS
Pichu HS
Milotic SV
Mime Jr. COL
Mr. Mime SV
Mr. Mime MST
Mr. Mime ex
Mr. Mime JU
Latias-EX
Shedinja SV
Dustox PL
Budew SF
Shuckle SW
Unown Q

Pokemon that can be attacked only be certain Stages:
Mew EVO
Carbink FCO
Giratina-EX AOR
Beautifly ROS
Pyroar FLF
Sigilyph
Silver Mirror
Suicune PLB
Klinklang PLS
Rapidash AR
Lunatone SV
Mewtwo Lv.X
Milotic GE
Wobbuffet PK
Ninetales PK
Sableye PK
Shuckle UF
Mysterious Shard
Banette CG
Dustox ex
Altaria DX
Team Rocket Returns
Dewgong RG
Ninetales HL
Shedinja DR
Wobbuffet SS

Pokemon that can cheat death:
Celebi XY promo
Robo Substitute
Focus Sash
Shedinja DRX
Shedinja DX
Cofagrigus NVI
Machamp Lv.X
Celebi Star CG
Hoppip RR
Skiploom RR
Jumpluff RR
Focus Band
Giovanni's Machamp

Thank you, bbninjas & Yanmega for the suggestions!

That's quite an exhaustive list. I looked trough all of them and there's a lot of gold in there. I tried conducting my own search and found barely a fraction of what was in that list. I found the RR Jumpluff, but it's interesting to see that the WHOLE EVO LINE has the same ability and have the potential to be unkillable. It's interesting.

But the psychic Shedinja (the one that doesn't award a prize card when knocked out). That's going to fit the bill!
Just saw this, shouldn't Life Dew be on the list? It does the same thing as Shedinja but is an ACE SPEC and a tool card. It can "cheat death" to just about any Pokémon.

Are there any Pokémon in Standard that have a Power/Ability where they can be put into play and then discarded for some effect, similar to Unown and Klefki?

Or a power that takes them out of play.

Are there any Pokémon in Standard that have a Power/Ability where they can be put into play and then discarded for some effect, similar to Unown and Klefki?
Sorry I looked but only Electrode matches what your looking for. I have found that both Gastly and Froslass have similar effects, except they both rely on actually being knocked out, not just "discarded" like you said. Sorry that there are not that many Pokémon that fit this man! :(

I hope I helped!

Back