Collecting The Foreign Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

I recently opened a box of Japanese Tidal Storm and Gaia Volcano and got the following:

Gaia Volcano:
5 Standard holos
2 holo Ancient Traits
2 EX holos
1 Full Art EX

Tidal Storm:
4 Standard holos
2 holo Ancient Traits
3 EX holos
1 Full Art EX

Athena said:
Those little code cards that came with the packs are also super cute, and some of them have very nice artwork as well! I certainly didn't get a full set, but I'll probably display one of each of the ones I did get in my binder. Shame that the codes themselves are useless without a Japanese copy of ORAS, but oh well. :p

I have a Japanese 3DS and ORAS games so I could help you redeem some of those codes? For some in return?

basler04 said:
I have a Japanese 3DS and ORAS games so I could help you redeem some of those codes? For some in return?

You would most likely the same prize as the supplier of the code.

Shaymin requires 1,
Nugget requires 3,
Super Potion requires 5,
Keldeo requires 7,
Luxuy Ball requires 10,
Rare Candy requires 13,
Victini requires 16
Master Ball requires 20 codes

Athena said:
Those little code cards that came with the packs are also super cute, and some of them have very nice artwork as well! I certainly didn't get a full set, but I'll probably display one of each of the ones I did get in my binder.

I may have a full set.

I think I might have a full set too, since they came in the Aqua/Magma packs as well, but I need to sort them out and double check.

It should be easy to find out; all of the cards have "(X)/(total)" at the bottom, and then you just add up the total amounts for each of the colours.

Opened my box of Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm two days ago:

Gaia Volcano:
Got Camerupt EX and Groudon EX and Primal Groudon EX!
and 7 holos

Tidal Storm:
7 holos and..
Wailord EX, Kyogre EX and Primal Kyogre EX!

Too bad, though..I REALLY wanted the Gardevoir EX cards from Tidal Storm.. ^^' I find it interesting how my box ended up seeming to be parallel to each other, getting the legendary's EX and their Primal version. Is that even normal? xD

Athena said:
My Double Crisis Booster Box and promo packs came in today! \o/ Surprised no one else has posted their pulls yet; am I the only one who bought a box of this? :p

I managed to pull a full set and then some in my box, making the promo packs I ordered somewhat redundant, but oh well. In addition to one of each FA, I pulled at least 2 of all the holos (and 3 of one), and of course plenty of commons and uncommons and trainers, though I haven't put together my full list of those yet.

Just got a box~. Was able to pull a full set and a almost a full set (minus the Groudon, Kyogre, and Magma Admins) and then some.

Athena said:
I think I might have a full set too, since they came in the Aqua/Magma packs as well, but I need to sort them out and double check.

1 - red - Treecko
1 - medium blue - Mega Sceptile
1 - light blue - Primal Kyogre vs Primal Groudon
1 - purple - trainers
1 - gold - Pikachu Rock Star
1 - gray - Primal Groudon
2 - red - Grovyle
2 - medium blue - Mega Blaziken
2 - light blue - Secret Base
2 - purple - Steven Stone
2 - gold - Pikachu Belle
2 - gray - Primal Kyogre
3 - red - Sceptile
3 - medium blue - Mega Swampert
3 - light blue - Pokémon Contest
3 - purple - Professor Birch
3 - gold - Pikachu Pop Star
4 - red - Torchic
4 - medium blue - Mega Metagross
4 - light blue - Steven Stone & Mega Metagross
4 - purple - Team Magma
4 - gold - Pikachu, Ph. D
5 - red - Combusken
5 - medium blue - Mega Sableye
5 - light blue - Rustboro City beach
5 - purple - Team Aqua
5 - gold - Pikachu Libre
6 - red - Blaziken
6 - medium blue - Mega Altaria
6 - purple - Norman
7 - red - Mudkip
7 - medium blue - Mega Salamence
7 - purple - Roxanne
8 - red - Marshtomp
8 - medium blue - Mega Lopunny
8 - purple - Brawly
9 - red - Swampert
9 - medium blue - Mega Audino
9 - purple - Wattson
10 - red - Nosepass
10 - medium blue - Mega Slowbro
10 - purple - Flannery
11 - red - Slaking
11 - purple - Winona
12 - red - Makuhita
12 - purple - Tate and Liza
13 - red - Magneton
13 - purple - Contest Idol Lisia
14 - red - Torkoal
14 - purple - Aarune
15 - red - Altaria
16 - red - Solrock & Lunatone
17 - red - Flygon
18 - red - Groudon
19 - red - Kyogre
- - Beldum

I received my Double Crisis Booster Box today. A bit disappointed as I was unable to pull the full set. Missed out on the Full Art Kyogre. Not really sure what to do now. Didn't really want to spend to get another whole box :( I really like the artwork for this set though.

There are a few of them on Ebay for not too much, and you can always look into trading, too. I managed to get a full set in my box and an extra Groudon FA, but only the one Kyogre, though someone else here might have Kyogre FA for trade.

I received both of my Double Crisis boxes a while ago, but I managed to pull a full set from each box. Kinda wish I only bought one, because now I'm not sure what to do with all my extra holos and the two FA's :/

CuriousCleffa said:
I received both of my Double Crisis boxes a while ago, but I managed to pull a full set from each box. Kinda wish I only bought one, because now I'm not sure what to do with all my extra holos and the two FA's :/

Yeah, that's a lesson I learned after Dragon Selection and Shiny Collection. >_> It's possible to not get a full set from these mini-set boxes, but likely enough that getting the extra box usually just means more for trading.

EDIT: I guess it wasn't actually possible to get a full set including FAs for SC, since you only got 3/5 per box, but actually getting your missing 2 FAs from further boxes is a crap shoot.

My Gaia Volcano box was scheduled to come today but it did not come :< Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I will post what I got when I get it!

Got my Gaia Volcano box!

-M Aggron EX
-Groudon EX
-Trevenant EX

-6 Holos
-2 Ancient Trait Holos

Easily my best box to date. The quality of the cards is amazing and M Aggron is probably in my top 5 for favorite cards pulled. I feel like the luckiest man alive, lol.

Opened a box of Emerald Break today

7 holos:
Beautifly
Deoxys
Absol
Jirachi
Reshiram
Salamance
Dragonite AT

3 EX:
Thundrus
Rayquaza
Mega Gallade

Very happy with my first Japanese box :D May switch to collecting Japanese cards instead of/as well as English. The card quality is amazing. And Rayquaza and Gallade cards were the ones I wanted most, so yay for that :D

This isn't foreign, but I suppose you could use this formula. I was working on a formula to find the odds of getting ultra rare cards in booster packs. You always get one rare in your booster pack, so you would have a 100% chance of something. The formula for booster pack is 1 divided by the amount of rares there are in the set, times the amount of booster packs you have to open. In a tin, you would multiply the booster pack result by 3 and in a booster box you would multiply that number by 36. This formula is a rough draft and not completed, but you could probably use this for calculating basic odds.

Not sure if posting pictures here is allowed or not but I opened 3 boxes of Emerald Break, here's the pulls: http://imgur.com/CfCmb75

8 RR EX: Latias, Gallade, 2x M Gallade, M Rayquaza, Thundurus, 2x Hydreigon
1 SR: Winnona
2 UR: Energy Switch, VS Seeker

Wow, 2 URs in 3 boxes is crazy! And a good spread of your RR/SR/URs, too, which can be rare with these single sets. :p

Tidal Storm Box 1
M Gardevoir FA
Wailord Ex
Primal Kyorge Ex
Sharpedo Ex
7 holos

Tidal Storm Box 2
M Gardevoir Ex
Gardevoir Ex
Sharpedo Ex
7 holos (Including Kingdra which is the main reason I picked Tidal Storm and bought the boxes.)

Back