Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

I got my Primal Clash booster box today! It's the first English box that I've bought since PLS, but I love so many of the cards in this set, and I had a sudden windfall of disposable income, so I couldn't pass it up.

Of course, I have horrible luck with my pulls, but I'm used to that by now.

Primal Kyogre EX
Gardevoir EX
M Gardevoir EX
Aggron EX
7 holos

Not a single full art. :< But on the bright side, I did get Primal Kyogre and Mega Gardevoir which were the 2 non-FA cards that I wanted the most.

Was it worth it? Well, the actual value of the cards I received certainly isn't worth the €110 I spent on the box, but I had a lot of fun with the opening and I'm loathe to buy singles anyway. I also went into this full aware what my typical luck with English booster boxes is, so I wasn't exactly surprised. :p And now I have a huge pile of cards to sort, which I enjoy. I know, I'm weird.

It was also a nice lesson in reminding me about the low quality of the English cards. Lots of miscuts, and even my packs were wrapped unevenly. Some of my cards were even stuck together with a small bit of sticky substance.

I will say, though, that I really love how the Ancient Trait cards look in RH form. I like them better as RHs than regular holos, honestly, since it's more or less the same thing but the RHs have more holo.

Athena said:
It was also a nice lesson in reminding me about the low quality of the English cards. Lots of miscuts, and even my packs were wrapped unevenly. Some of my cards were even stuck together with a small bit of sticky substance.

I know what you mean. A few of my full arts (the most expensive ones in the set too -_-) had a bunch of white spots on the back.

MegaCharizard said:
Athena said:

I know what you mean. A few of my full arts (the most expensive ones in the set too -_-) had a bunch of white spots on the back.

The full art Kyogre EX I pulled had a lot of edge wear. I was pretty mad, it could've been on the Trevenant EX and I would have cared a lot less...lol

MegaCharizard said:
Athena said:

Indeed. My friend had an FA Primal Groudon EX that had those white spots on the back. He made an inquiry with Pokemon and a month later they actually sent him a new one, whole, free of charge.

I recently got a box of Primal Clash:

FA Primal Groudon EX
FA Kyogre EX
Primal Kyogre EX
M Aggron EX
Gardevoir EX

No shiny's (per usual with my record) and everything else was K at best. My Groudon also had a few white splotches.

So what are the average pulls from a Primal Clash booster box? 4-6 EX or FA/box and 1SR/2 boxes?

Jace2012 said:
So what are the average pulls from a Primal Clash booster box? 4-6 EX or FA/box and 1SR/2 boxes?

I'd expect usually 3 EXs and that's it really. The problem is that some boxes may have more or about the same as I said. That way, you'll keep your expectations in check. SR tends to happen 1 to 2 out of the 6 boxes roughly.

I heard though that there's no set ratio for secret rares in Primal Clash, so think the odds of getting a secret rare in a Primal Clash booster box are better then other sets.

Also pull ratios for Primal clash range from

1 Full Art + 3 ex's, up until 1 SR, 3 Full Arts and 5 ex's. The boxes with over 5 or more ultras can contain as few as 5 holos however. I guess you can get 4 ex's with no full arts but thats very unlucky. I haven't seen any English boxes with just 3 ex's though.

Hey guys, I've watched a few roaring skies box opening and I actually opened a box myself. In the past the pull rate was 1 box guarantees a minion of 4 ex/full art/secret rare, I have a new theory that roaring skies bumped it to a minimum of 7 ex/full art/secret rare as the two box opening I watched had that and so did I, can anyone else confirm?

I saw someone a YouTube video of them pulling two Secret Rares from a single booster box and I need to know if that's possible?

Hey guys, I've watched a few roaring skies box opening and I actually opened a box myself. In the past the pull rate was 1 box guarantees a minion of 4 ex/full art/secret rare, I have a new theory that roaring skies bumped it to a minimum of 7 ex/full art/secret rare as the two box opening I watched had that and so did I, can anyone else confirm?
I'd imagine that the pull rates are very similar to those of Primal Clash. I've heard the boxes having from 4 to 8 URs in both sets.

I'm fairly sure that TPCi weigh Booster Boxes so that a set average of URs/SRs are distributed, so you wouldn't end up with a booster box where every pack had an UR in it.

In theory, it should be possible, just extremely rare.

I'd imagine that the pull rates are very similar to those of Primal Clash. I've heard the boxes having from 4 to 8 URs in both sets.

Exactly my case. First box had 8 URs (3 FAs) in it, the next had 4 URs (1 FA) in it.

okay, so I was just really lucky then. I had 7 UR.
1 Rayquaza ex (colourless)
1 Rayquaza ex (dragon)
1 M Gallade ex
1 M Rayquaza ex
1 Rayquaza Ex (colourless FA)
1 Hydreigan ex
1 Secret Rare VS seeker

Opened 2 boxes of roaring skies and an elite trainer box today. I got;

1st box

Thunderus EX FA
Gallade EX
M Gallade EX FA
Rayquaza EX (D)
M Rayquaza EX FA (C)
M Rayquaza EX (C)
Energy switch (secret rare)

8 packs from ET box

Rayquaza EX FA (C)
M Rayquaza EX (C)

2nd box

Shaymin EX
Shaymin EX FA
M Gallade EX
Latios EX
Hydreigon EX FA
M Rayquaza (D)

Pull rates seem good :)

Opened 2 boxes of roaring skies and an elite trainer box today. I got;

1st box

Thunderus EX FA
Gallade EX
M Gallade EX FA
Rayquaza EX (D)
M Rayquaza EX FA (C)
M Rayquaza EX (C)
Energy switch (secret rare)

8 packs from ET box

Rayquaza EX FA (C)
M Rayquaza EX (C)

2nd box

Shaymin EX
Shaymin EX FA
M Gallade EX
Latios EX
Hydreigon EX FA
M Rayquaza (D)

Pull rates seem good :)

Wow, you've almost completed the set! the only thing you need is M Latios and a few of the full art!

Opened a box of Roaring Skies:

-FA Shaymin ex
-FA Thundurus ex
-Shaymin ex
-Thundurus ex
-Hydreigon ex

7 holos. Only 5 were unique though.

I got my Primal Clash booster box today! It's the first English box that I've bought since PLS, but I love so many of the cards in this set, and I had a sudden windfall of disposable income, so I couldn't pass it up.

Of course, I have horrible luck with my pulls, but I'm used to that by now.

Primal Kyogre EX
Gardevoir EX
M Gardevoir EX
Aggron EX
7 holos

Not a single full art. :< But on the bright side, I did get Primal Kyogre and Mega Gardevoir which were the 2 non-FA cards that I wanted the most.

Was it worth it? Well, the actual value of the cards I received certainly isn't worth the €110 I spent on the box, but I had a lot of fun with the opening and I'm loathe to buy singles anyway. I also went into this full aware what my typical luck with English booster boxes is, so I wasn't exactly surprised. :p And now I have a huge pile of cards to sort, which I enjoy. I know, I'm weird.

I will say, though, that I really love how the Ancient Trait cards look in RH form. I like them better as RHs than regular holos, honestly, since it's more or less the same thing but the RHs have more holo.

Not ONE Full Art? That's... horrible, not gonna lie! You're typically given 2 FAs per box, that's weird.

Not ONE Full Art? That's... horrible, not gonna lie! You're typically given 2 FAs per box, that's weird.

Yeah, I've had horrible luck with English booster box pulls ever since TPCi stopped mediating box pulls around ~BCR or so. It's one of the reason I mostly switched to Japanese TCG collecting. I had some extra cash and I really like a lot of the cards in PCL (I bought an extra box of the Japanese Tidal Storm, too), so I thought I would take a chance again. Probably wasn't worth it, but oh well, the box opening was still fun. :p

Japanese FAs are generally 1 FA in 2 boxes, so it's certainly possible to go a stretch without getting one. I've had pretty long dry spells myself. We do have a separate foreign booster boxes pull rates thread for more information.

Back