THE Durant thread: Durant NV.

Has anyone thought about Spiritomb? For just one basic psychic energy card, it can spread 1 damage counter to each durant, which prettymuch gurantees you 4 knock outs after 7 turns. And the good part? Durant can't use Twins. I just wanted to throw this out there, and if anyone has any thoughts on this pleasse respond.

Yeah, that was suggested in a 6P article. If you have {P} energies and you're afraid of durant, it could work.
I understand some people are teching cobalion in durant, it's the nvi one right?

^Yes.

Flygon999 said:
Has anyone thought about Spiritomb? For just one basic psychic energy card, it can spread 1 damage counter to each durant, which prettymuch gurantees you 4 knock outs after 7 turns. And the good part? Durant can't use Twins. I just wanted to throw this out there, and if anyone has any thoughts on this pleasse respond.
Every Durant runs Special Metal, and almost all of them run Eviolite. It wouldn't work.
I'd definitely use that in my Chandelure deck. They'll try to kill it with their second attack, using it two times. But I also run Rescue to fix that issue. But they can just keep doing that. It seems I would ultimately lose that exchange.

And then in that time, the time it takes to get out Spiritomb, and the 7 turns to knock it out, you'll be decked.

-1 for draw
-4 Durant
-1 draw
Use Spiritomb.
now, 7 turns. 5 milling a turn (one draw), 35 cards.

So you'll have a 6 card deck. Then suppose and cards that you used to get stuff, any times you've Sage'd or Collector'd.And if you don't get it turn 2, you lose.

Celebi23 said:
^Yes.

Every Durant runs Special Metal, and almost all of them run Eviolite. It wouldn't work.
I'd definitely use that in my Chandelure deck. They'll try to kill it with their second attack, using it two times. But I also run Rescue to fix that issue. But they can just keep doing that. It seems I would ultimately lose that exchange.

Thats what you would want, right? If they're not milling, then you're setting up. Definitely run at least two just incase one gets milled in the process, or you need a backup to one that has been knocked out. I don't know if rescue is a good idea, because they got these special energy remover card things I don't know. And Vileplume, in my opinion, will be nearly impossible to get out. I'm running a spread deck so I'll chuck at least 3 Spiritombs in it. I've already got pyshics and rainbows, so energy shouldn't be a problem. My worry is that after the four knock outs, they'll have a backup pokemon, then revive or whatever to get all of the Durants back, is that a probability?

Glaceon said:
And then in that time, the time it takes to get out Spiritomb, and the 7 turns to knock it out, you'll be decked.

-1 for draw
-4 Durant
-1 draw
Use Spiritomb.
now, 7 turns. 5 milling a turn (one draw), 35 cards.

So you'll have a 6 card deck. Then suppose and cards that you used to get stuff, any times you've Sage'd or Collector'd.And if you don't get it turn 2, you lose.

I've never been milled by a Durant in just 7 turns, but probably close to that. Maybe 8, 9, or 10?

A lot of people run straight Durant, nothing else. If you KO those four Durants at the same time, you win because they haveno more Pokemon.

But the entire time they will be milling, and you will be out of cards by then.

Edit: Unless you get a turn 2.

Well, has anybody thought of Ho-oh CoL? If you already run DCE and/or Rainbow, you send it up and KO a durant every turn with Combustion.

I say Victini is easier. It takes two energy, and can work against Cobalion too, and DCE doesn't have to be added. (This is the 100 damage one)

They can KO that one, though, so you'll have to be mindful of that. But both would work effectively.

They won't waste 3 turns of mill koing a Victini, and Cobalion doesn't knock it out either, but I guess they could.

Oops, my bad, I thought it only had 60 HP. That extra 10 actually makes it quite a bit better, since they can't 2HKO you.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/noble-victories/15-victini.jpg

There is a scan for anyone wondering.

Yes, the 10 HP does make a lot of difference. They won't waste three turns, and no Durant use Pluspower.

Excellent points. I must agree that Victini does outclass Ho-oh. Well, as long as your deck doesn't run a ridiculously low basic count. :p

How is Victini easier to use when Durant runs 5-6 Pokemon....I don't know, neither of those options sound very good. Ho-oh takes 5 Energy, while Victini needs a full Bench. Durant should be focusing on milling as fast as possible. Victini slows down the mill. Sorry, what deck are you trying to counter again? XP

Edit: Forget it. You guys are trying to tech against Durant. A mod can ban me now.

The Yoshi said:
How is Victini easier to use when Durant runs 5-6 Pokemon....I don't know, neither of those options sound very good. Ho-oh takes 5 Energy, while Victini needs a full Bench. Durant should be focusing on milling as fast as possible. Victini slows down the mill. Sorry, what deck are you trying to counter again? XP

Edit: Forget it. You guys are trying to tech against Durant. A mod can ban me now.

LOL

(And Ho-oh only takes 3 energy.)

Every good Durant deck runs Black Belt, so it can OHKO the Victini. Lost Remover also wrecks it. I suppose it's better than nothing, but it's just not that great.

A lot of decks run Eviolite nowadays. If you run it, you could always use an Eviolite just a preventative measure.

Celebi has a point. Especially when the deck I see using this is Chandelure. I will not be playing Eviolite. The decks that do use Eviolite - 6 Corners, Zekrom, and some other deck - all have the ability to knockout Durant on their own and do not need Victini.

I don't really care about Durant, personally, because the deck I'm running now has Emboar. But, if I were running something else from a competitive standpoint, I'd say just wait to see if Heatmor comes out. It can't be KO'd by Durant, even with a Black Belt. In the meantime, you could always go the route of Ho-oh LEGEND, if you're really really really worried about Durant. Splashable into anything thanks to its PokeBody, it cannot be KO'd by Durant and will KO a Durant every turn guarunteed. (Unless you run out of energies to feed it, but you only need six to discard to win.)

Back