• Christopher Eccleston

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • David Tennant

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Matt Smith

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've seen a few episodes because some of my friends online forced me to watch it.

The 9th Doctor is my favorite, but I think my favorite will end up being Capaldi.

Ultra said:
Been a major fan ever since it came out. Can't wait till november and christmas now. I hope we actually get a proper tie together for everything though. Still don't know why the silence were after the doctor and who took control over the tardis. Also annoys me how both the daleks and the master have now been gotten rid of. I know they have to introduce new stuff and creatures but that just sucks.

The Master is coming back for the 50th anniversary. The daleks can somehow remember him somehow. What actually bothers me the most is that there were a lot of daleks in "Asylum of the Daleks" when the only ones alive were supposed to be the 5 from "Victory of the Daleks".

I just finished Eccleston's series and I know for a fact that he's my favorite Doctor. Tennant is okay so far (just watched the Christmas special), probably going to be a close second, but Eccleston is just so amazing. There's no need to view the others (though I will, of course). Really sad that Eccleston only got one season.

Can someone explain to me this: did Eccleston just not want to do it again, or was his contract up? I've heard that he didn't like some of the people and also that they gave him one year because the show may not have lasted.

Thetwiggy13 said:
I just finished Eccleston's series and I know for a fact that he's my favorite Doctor.
–––––––––
Can someone explain to me this: did Eccleston just not want to do it again, or was his contract up? I've heard that he didn't like some of the people and also that they gave him one year because the show may not have lasted.

I started DW with watching Eccleston's episodes. They were great! I really liked his Doctor too.

No idea why he left. :/ Another season woulda been frickin' awesome.

Pineapple X said:
I started DW with watching Eccleston's episodes. They were great! I really liked his Doctor too.

I did too! So sad that Eccleston had only 13 episodes. My friends tell me that Tennant is a great Doctor, but no one can replace Eccleston's "Fantastic!"

Thetwiggy13 said:
Pineapple X said:

I did too! So sad that Eccleston had only 13 episodes. My friends tell me that Tennant is a great Doctor, but no one can replace Eccleston's "Fantastic!"
Personally I just love Tennant...

camoclone said:
Personally I just love Tennant...

Yeah - Tennant is probably my favorite Doctor too. At least one of them.

Of all the Doctors, Tom Baker, Chris Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith are just superior.

Pineapple X said:
Yeah - Tennant is probably my favorite Doctor too. At least one of them.

Of all the Doctors, Tom Baker, Chris Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith are just superior.

I love both Eccleston and Tennant as Doctors. I haven't seen Matt Smith, but the other two are amazing. Eccleston's solemnity brings out the emotions faced from the Time War. He was emotionally wounded and Eccleston displayed this so effectively. Thanks to Rose, he was able to start appreciating himself more. Once he changes into Tennant, he becomes goofy--yet still a little emotional about it. Eccleston will always be my favorite (Tennant is just inches behind, though).

Hyping!

Finally caught up and I must say that Eccleston/Tennant are my favorite doctors. Nothing against Matt Smith, but the others were unbeatable!

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Ultra said:
Been a major fan ever since it came out. Can't wait till november and christmas now. I hope we actually get a proper tie together for everything though. Still don't know why the silence were after the doctor and who took control over the tardis. Also annoys me how both the daleks and the master have now been gotten rid of. I know they have to introduce new stuff and creatures but that just sucks.

The Master is coming back for the 50th anniversary. The daleks can somehow remember him somehow. What actually bothers me the most is that there were a lot of daleks in "Asylum of the Daleks" when the only ones alive were supposed to be the 5 from "Victory of the Daleks".

Uh no he isn't. Where'd you hear that?

Is it true that Capaldi is only going to do 13 episodes like Eccleston? D:

Personally I'm really excited to see the 12th Doctor. Matt Smith is one of my favorites though, so it's really sad to see him go. (hey, that rhymes well.)

What expectations / thoughts do you guys have about Capaldi as the next Doctor?

Re: RE: The Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Pineapple X said:
Is it true that Capaldi is only going to do 13 episodes like Eccleston? D:

Personally I'm really excited to see the 12th Doctor. Matt Smith is one of my favorites though, so it's really sad to see him go. (hey, that rhymes well.)

What expectations / thoughts do you guys have about Capaldi as the next Doctor?

He better not. I am taking a wait and see approach on him.

On Matt Smith, he grew on me but stills not number 1 or 2.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Only 13 episodes? That would be so disappointing. I was very sad with how quickly the 9th Doctor's run ended, it was just long enough for me to get attached but not long enough to bring about sufficient closure (despite this, Tennant was a very suitable replacement).

MtheW said:
Only 13 episodes? That would be so disappointing.

Yeah, that unfortunately might be the case, but I can't really tell for sure yet.

I read that Capaldi had signed a contract for 13 episodes, but I'm pretty sure that's not the last we're gonna see of him as the Doctor.

I appreciate you guys having quality discussion! Keep up the good work :)

Jay said:

We Whovians are just awesome like that ;3
Who's hyped for The Day of The Doctor? I am. So excited to see Rose back (as the Bad Wolf :3) and John Hurt as The Doctor!

I'm not sure if it'll air in Finland, but I hope so. If not, I'LL FIND A WAY TO SEE IT. xD

I just watched the trailer today. Oh... my... GOD. YAY.

Jay said:

It's a forum, you don't have to acknowledge a good discussion. :p

In honor of Doctor Who, I added a bow tie to my Turtwig :D

I am really excited for tomorrow's episode. I'll be chatting with my friends while it's on. What will you guys be doing?

I'm really sad that Eccleston isn't supposed to be in the episode. I am, however, excited for John Hurt. I'm still hoping that he'll regenerate into Eccleston at the end of the episode Of course, Tennant is probably the biggest reason as to why I'm so excited. He and Billie work so well together on Doctor Who, and I'm interested to see how she'll react to his regeneration. If this trend continues, she better see Capaldi before his regeneration!

I also really enjoy the Tennant vs. Matt Smith scenes. It's funny to see them compare screwdrivers in the trailer. When Tennant comments about the new tardis...I cracked up. I wonder how Clara and Rose will get along, too. Will they each like the other Doctor? Or will they be mad at them..or each other? There are so many small details I want answered!

All in all, this episode has got me really hyped and 2:50 EST couldn't come any sooner!

Who are you guys looking forward to the most?

Are there any perks of watching it at 2:50? I'm gonna be at a League Challenge when it comes on so I'll be able to catch the 7:00 one.

Back