Votes: 1 10.0%
  • David Tennant

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Matt Smith

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Doctor who Discussion Thread

Unfortunately BBC America doesn't air Doctor Who as much as their other shows, I've seen that channel and they mostly air stuff like Top Gear and some British Talk Show which I forgot the name of.

I'ce been looking around and I saw this show and it struck me as interesting so I am wondering. I saw that Netflix had the remake series of the original series and I wanted to know if you guys think I should start with the original series or the remake.

i would say start with the re-launch, Christopher Eccleston, go from there. The best episodes are with Tennant in my own opinion :)

I also like the episode Midnight :)

Here's something cool (And true!)

So my friend's mum works in a building. She works in an office. The office across from her was for sale. People moved in and there was a Tardis on the table set up. ABC was coming there next week. So we thought they had something to do with doctor who. So my friend's mum asks them and they say they work for the BBC doing the animations and special effects for Doctor Who. (NO JOKE!) They also do the Doctor who comic books. I was literally about to burst from the excitement.

And thats what happened today!

Gistica said:
I'ce been looking around and I saw this show and it struck me as interesting so I am wondering. I saw that Netflix had the remake series of the original series and I wanted to know if you guys think I should start with the original series or the remake.

I would say the new series, but the most important thing is that it is a continuation of the original series, not a remake. Try starting at the beginning, with chris eccleston

Asylum of the daleks.
Saturday 1st September 2012
BBC One & BBC America
7.20 PM
Six days to go :D

A Dalek version of Arkham Asylum? Sweet. :p

Can't wait to watch this new season!

Just watched the Season 2 finale.... I'm so sad :( But I got a Dalek voice changer for iPod!!!

Weeping Angels are awesome. I forgot where I heard about them first, but I immediately marathoned each episode they appeared in.

When I had free time, I started watching from the 2005 episodes on, but unfortunately stopped due to a lack of time. Always great to catch an episode here-and-there, though!

Series 7 prequel series Pond Life started yesterday.
i'll update this post with each video when it comes out.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMdBsc5pQ1k[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQZc9DzneUI[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm0dqb7rKpk[/video]

[video=youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikv0QbubV7Y[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxXAY7LyjcM[/video]

I have to wait for everything to come on Nexflix... :[

Smith is best doctor.

I can't wait for tonight, I'm getting a ride to my aunt's house since she's the nearest person I know who gets BBC America.

This show is just plain awesome. I can tell this will be a really solid season of Doctor Who.

dmaster out.

I know Doctor Who has been around since Star Trek back in the 60's, but I've been wondering how many times the Doctor has to defeat the Daleks. He's defeated them like how many times since the series started? 10-15 times probably maybe more during the Time War. Where does Doctor Who go from here now that the Daleks no longer have any memories of the Doctor except for Davros? Ya know the creator of the Daleks?

I liked the Asylum of the Daleks despite that Davros wasn't in it however I would've wanted something new for the Doctor to tackle. I still kinda wonder though If Oswin Oswald is supposed to be the Doctor's new Companion starting with the 2012 Christmas Special (If we're so lucky that is) then how does she get from being a Dalek to a human again? I guess we'll find out now won't we? I honestly wouldn't mind an epic conclusion to the Doctor Who series.

The way the series is made now it's just appealing to a young demographic than it did back in the 60's up to the 90's which is very evident with the most recent incarnation of the Doctor being Matt Smith and Stephen Moffat wanted to stop having old incarnations of the Doctor every time he regenerates into a new form. I think the current direction with the series is that they are trying to humanize the Doctor more since in his past incarnations he seemed to be very lonely and distant.

"EGGS EGGS EGGS."

Truer words were never spoken, my Dalek friend.

Seriously, I loved Asylum of the Daleks. But one thing bothered me, though:
Why was Soufflé Girl talking through the intercomm not tipping everyone off that she was a Dalek? I mean, really. Kind of hard to mistake.

Back