The Diaries of Ash Ketchum (A Fanfic)

PikaFlash

Inner Sasuke
Taking advantage of the Fans Creation section of the forum, here's a Pokémon fanfic that would mirror the life of Ash Ketchum not as the Anime character, but as the Ash Ketchum playing as the Anime Character Ash Ketchum...

Yeah, I found that confusing too...

The Diary of Ash Ketchum

By PikaFlash

Disclaimers: As usual, all characters, scenes, songs, ideas and famous speeches belong to their respective owners.

"21st January - I was at home looking through the times I had as a character on Pokémon when I recieved a phone call from someone claiming to be an executive at Nintendo. He tells me how much everyone enjoyed 'Pokémon: Master Quest' and the road is set for another one in Hoenn. He recalls his favorite episode, one which did not involves us at all, mostly Team Rocket and it was in the Orange Islands. As it involves lunch and I haven't eaten for a week, I accepted his invitation for a lunch in Celadon. I thought details like time, date and place would be sorted out later, but I never heard from him again."

"2nd Febuary - Recieved an Email telling me that there will be a new season of Pokémon providing that 'certain criteria and guidelines are met'. No date or time were given and the no reply address on the email, but got the determination re-heated to set up and plan the new episodes."

"21th March - No idea if the next season is up, so I made a phone call to the Head of 4Kids's old phone in a chance to get any information on the newest episodes of Pokémon. He answered, but whispered to me that he's going to be 'de-activated' and tells me never to call again. After that, the last thing I heard was a door being kicked in. When I called again, all I got was the Head of KidsWB."

"25th April - I decided to visit the Head of GameFreaks in Tokyo and see if he could tell me anything. Security at the front was much more stiff than the last time I went there. The guard was armed with a stun gun, but when I asked for the Head of GameFreaks, he pressed a small button and told me to wait in the corner. Three hours later, I was greeted by a man in a Dark Magician's outfit who told me that the Head of GameFreaks can't see me because today he's missing. When I wanted to ask for more out of him, he became nervous and points out behind me at what he claims to be a Pikachu drawing a fanart of Card Captor Sakura. I turned around and didn't see any Pikachu or a fanart of Sakura. When my head was turned, the Dark Magician ran off. It was all a ploy for me to look away from him. When I went home, I found my house raided by a bunch of fashion designers and a message on my answering machine telling me to stop asking about Pokémon."

"29th July - Ron Weasley called me. Turns out that it was the wrong number. He apologised and hangs up."

"10th September -  Went to the Museum in Pewter City for an exhibition and auction just to collect a cheque worth one million from them. As it turns out, they were auctioning off stuffs from other Animes, like Mimi Tachikawa's hat, Yugi's one-hand glove, a table belonging to Van Flyheight, a box labeled 'Sailor Moon', a live Digimon and the head of an Evangelion. As the bidding started, the first item up for auction was Mimi's hat. The bid started for a million and one dollars. Well, that's me out. But I did buy a rock for $30. Its at the entrance of the museum and lots of people see it everyday"

"31st October - We have finished writing the new Season of Pokémon but we still don't know if they are planning on filming it. I had the cast rehearsing in my bed room for the last few weeks and paid them to produce it in my backyard. I've pretended to 'record' them with a small toybox with a plastic cup in front. It nearly fooled everyone until Todd, the cameraman, got suspcious. When he opened to check the 'camera', my Pikachu toy fell out, causing a massive mutiny. Brock, one of my best friends, suggested that they should burn down my house. I tried to calm everyone down but to no avail. Misty takes me with her to a closet and she beats me into submission with her mallet. While I was at the hospital, I sent a message to the people at 4Kids telling them that unless I hear from them within forty-eight hours, then our deal is off."

"3rd November - A spokesperson from Nintendo came over to my place. After an introduction, he told me that Nintendo has given the green light on the new season. It only took me two seconds to realise that he was shaking my hands and smiling. After he promised that he will be in touch, he gave me the bill to his air ticket and accommodation at the Hotel in Celadon."

"15th November - We were locked out of the studio but fortunately, those who were slim enough to slip through a hole in the fence were able to open the front door for the rest of us. After all, we wouldn't want to go in as 'special delievery from DHL'. Things were going well with our recording when Brock accidently set off a motion detector, causing alarm bells to ring and calling in an EVA as security. They had no record of us booking for the place and told us to leave or face 'de-activation'. Tracey tried to reason with the EVA, saying that we're characters from Pokémon. The guard said it 'does not compute with the Dummy Plug data' and crushed Tracey with just one hand. It was a big blow to us, considering that it was Tracey was our only ride home. In the end, we were kicked out of the studio and ended up on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere."

"24th December - It was Christmas Eve, so Misty and I decided to break into Gary's home in a chance to convince him to join our new series. I was dressed as the ghost of his best friend and rival while Misty did a very good impression of the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future but she went a bit far when she had the ghost of Christmas Future trying to give the ghost of his best friend a kiss under a mistletoe. After that, Gary never ever went to a Christmas Party ever again..."

"25th December - Made a mental note to get a new diary. Had a wild Christmas party and I don't recall inviting Richie to the party. Then again, Team Rocket was destroying my furniture and stealing the fruit punch. 10 hours later, the party was still going and I found Misty in the kitchen drinking soup straight out of one of Brock's pots. Misty told me that Brock was all right with the idea, as he was spray painting my table. Wanted a drink of the punch but with the cups stolen by Team Rocket, had to make do with my hat. After the party, I started to proofread some of Tracey's poems he wanted to publish with Professor Oak's Poetry book. Turns out that Tracey's bad at anything that rhymes."

Awesome fic... Although I wouldn't see it as a fic... more as character diary (has if we hadn't understand it yet...).

It's very cool, and an original idea. I like it.!

Here's another entry to the diary...

23rd August - I've received an urgent phone call from Misty through my new PokéGear. I had to make a sharp U-turn that made me feel as though I was on a spinning teacup in Disneyland and spinning any slower would be a death sentence to me as Misty demanded that I returned her bicycle that instant.

When I reached the Cerulean Gym, Misty was in a yellow jacket and three-quarter denim pants holding two of her newest Mallets, the 'Skull Basher' and the 'Death Penalty Type M'. Fortunately for me, I was able to return the bicycle in good condition so the Mallets were unnecessary.

"Can I get you to do something for me?" Misty purred.

"Sure!" I barked.

There has to be a reason why Misty would try to make me do something using that voice of hers. But somehow, I just can't seem to resist it. "There's been some problems in the Pewter Gym," she meowed.

So, I won a bike from a guy in a Pikachu suit by a knockout near the Gym and made my way to Pewter City. Once there, I knocked on the door and found May. It turns out that May has moved in with Brock and the problem is that Brock is buffing himself up to impress May. "Brock's exercising with some weights," May squeaked.

I had a bit of a light laugh, but May took it the wrong way and landed a roundhouse right at my jaw, making me spin like a Spinda. I quickly took my bike and made my escape, but May was faster and made a call to Brock's PokéGear and got him to ambush me at the entrance of the Gym. Brock definitely buffed up, and without his shirt, he seems even bigger. I rode as hard as I could but crashed into Brock's knee. Brock pulled me off the bike and beat me senseless with a PokéBall.

On my way back to Cerulean, Officer Jenny booked me for having no headlights, which I found very awkward as I was walking.

A new entry in the Diary of Ash Ketchum...

"8th Febuary AM - Got woken up by Pikachu, who puts my cap on my head and brought me my breakfast by bringing the kitchen table to my room, hence the moaning and groaning I've heard in my sleep. Greedily ate the food with my hands with a lot of noise."

"8th Febuary PM - Went to 4Kids Studios from the hospital after getting a lift from Gary's car. Meet up with Misty and May who gave me my scripts claiming that some Pikachus have written them during the night and left it under my door. I decided to make some changes by adding in my name and putting it in a file."

"9th Febuary AM - I met up with May who recommended me for a manicure and pedicure as I was invited to lunch with the Head of 4Kids."

"9th Febuary PM - Was doing some digging in Professor Oak's backyard. It felt as if I was pulled into digging. Eventually, Professor Oak called for a van and I got taken away."

"10th Febuary AM - Found myself in a mental institution. As I was planning on the next part of 'Pokémon Advanced' when suddenly, this weird guy came to me and attempted to smother me with a stuffed Pikachu. I lose consiousness."

"10th Febuary PM - Woke myself to find that I have entered into the body of a Pikachu. I was enjoying my newfound freedom as I ran around on the grass, climb trees and eat apples. But I got tired of it and went to 4Kids Studios for a meeting with the cast. They were surprised at first with my mouse-like form but they got a new idea for an episode and put my cap on my head."

"11th Febuary AM - Too many things happened. Had my brain taken out and placed into the head of a new human body. Had to put my body on a table sent high into a electric storm created by Pikachu. I'm alive!"

"11th Febuary PM - Had lunch with Gary at the Pokémon Club. Told him the stories of my recent adventures. Got kicked out and had my membership void."

"12th Febuary AM - Woke up early and went to 4Kids studios to take a nap. Woke up again and had a shower by being washed in the 4Kids studio carpark. Went back to bed and then got up for breakfast and sleep through it."

"12th Febuary PM - Wasted 4 Hours arguing with Draco Malfoy. He passed to me 14 tonnes of Love Potion when all I asked for was half a bottle of cap detergent. We agreed to a Wizard's duel. My second, Pikachu tried to get his attention but he forgot about it."

"13th Febuary AM - Went home to find myself sleeping on the bed. Went outside and waited at the front door until I disappeared."

"13th Febuary PM - Was going to 4Kids again but accidentally ended up in FoxKids. Put on a brown wig, blue t-shirt with yellow stars on the sleeves and brown shorts and played my role in Digimon Adventure 01. Everything goes well until someone threw a bottle of magic potion on my head. It could be either Draco Malfoy or a disgruntled Harry Potter."

"14th Febuary AM - Was sleeping for most of the day. Missed lunch with Misty, May and Brock."

"14th Febuary PM - Still sleeping. Eventually, I was kissed by either the red-haired Gym Leader or the daughter of a Gym Leader who wears a red bandanna. Got taken away by Gary so that I could be electroshocked by Draco Malfoy. 4Kids Studio got caught in an explosion..."

Very funny!
(now I'm off to bed myself...good night everyone, see u when I get up!)

That is a big timeline. Do you have more or is that all?:)

RE:  The Diaries of Ash Ketchum (A Fanfic)

xxashxx said:
That is a big timeline. Do you have more or is that all?:)
Still more to come yet! (from Pika on MSN)

AW sweet bring them over here I can't wait to see the rest.:)

New Diary Entries...

"26th October - Recieved a call from Misty. She asked me to see if I could get some Zubats to disappear from the Cerulean Gym and 'make it look like an accident.' This requst has torn me into half. Where one half who wants to be a friend to all Pokémon. The other half, this is my girlfriend who wants the Zubats out of the Gym. The third half may show that the negotiations with 4Kids have soured and I may have to head back to TVTokyo, though its unrelated. I accepted the offer in the agreement that I would collect the cash in the back of Misty's Gym. As soon as I got into the Gym, the first order of business was to take one of Misty's mallets called the 'Vampire Slayer' in the event that I do meet up with the Head Zubat. Kill the leader and the other Zubats will fly around confused and try to eat my pants off. I found the Head Zubat and killed it while making it look like an accident as though I won a Pokémon battle with a rock. To make a long story short, I now have 9 thousand, 9 hundred and 99 Zubats living in my house."

"3rd November - Took the Magnet Train to Goldenrod City for talks on a new contract on the radio. While on the train, a bunch of Pokémon Trainers pelted me with bits of fast food. I told them to stop before I find the train guard. The trainers said they'd like to see me try. I took their challenge and used one of my gloves to slap the leader of the trainers, who is only about 12 years old as an agreement to a Pokémon Duel. Unfortunately, I left my Pokémons at home and I reached Goldenrod beaten to an inch of my life. When I reached the Radio station, the producer told me that the contract won't be ready until next week and sent me a message in my voice mail. I made a mental note to always take my PokéGear with me no matter what."

"24th December - I was doing a Pocket Monsters Musical in Tokyo and it was not a success. I was pulled of the stage while being pelted with shredded carrots and sea weeds. Even the cast joined in with the pelting. My guide even threw wasabi at my face as I passed him in the corridor. As I was storming off to my hotel room, I was stopped by my guide, who to dropped to his knees and begged for my forgiveness, saying that he dishonored himself, his family, his city, his country, his continent and his hemisphere and told me that if I do not accept his apology, he would commit suicide. I accepted his forgiveness and he told me the show was a success and bombarding me with sushi and jeering was a Japanese way of showing respect. Shows how ignorant I am."

That is awesome but what year of pokemon is it from or is this yours?:)

The diary entries were made way before 4Kids lost the rights to dub Pokémon, about a year ago.

The Diary of Ash Ketchum

29th Avril - Misty's birthday is coming up and it will be about a couple of days after Misty's actual birthday. In it came a note which explains why it is a couple of days late, saying that "Ceruleanites (aka. the denizens of Cerulean City.) celebrates any occassion two days later than most other cities because most Ceruleanites (especially mayoral ones) are traditionally very disorganised and usually leave it to the last minute to book anywhere, and most of the decent places are already booked."

So, I decided to make a call to Professor Oak about what, if any, present I should get for Misty. A cake? A Water-type Pokémon? French food? Who knows what is really needed because when I last went to Tracey's birthday party, I offended Tracey because I forgot to take a baseball bat used to beat the birthday boy with. Every one just avoided me throughout the party. Even Pikachu ignored me.

Unfortunately, Professor Oak wasn't at home and Tracey answered the phone. (It was a Saturday, almost 3:20 in morning and the wrong number) He tried to be helpful by recommending that wine is the best choice and he will get the one he plans to give to Misty. I told him to come over to my place but before I could set a time, my phone card ran out. I tried to ask for some small change from the people in the queue behind me, but they couldn't spare any (or so they said), so I went home and waited for Tracey.

Tracey did come over with the wine he recommended. He puts the wine on the coffee table and sits at a special seating area. I blindfolded Tracey as I told him that I got a surprise for him. While I was getting his surprise ready, Tracey told me that he has discovered a mass grave filled with almost a thousand Psyducks' skeletons and a signed confession by Professor Oak, but somehow the evidence got misplaced along the way between the Lab and my house. I thanked Tracey for his story and bricked him up behind the fireplace while he was still talking. I then took his wine for Misty and put my name on it. Misty will definitely like the French Wine I got for her.

Now that you have mentioned it I remember hearing about them but did not know what they were and how the stuff was made.:)

Another Entry to the diary

The Diary of Ash Ketchum

5th January - Woke up to find myself on the snow of Mt. Silver. I regretted leaving the Pokémon Center without Misty but I was able to make out an imaginary image of Misty, who keeps yelling at me, "Stick to the Beginners slope!"

I suddenly remembered how I ended up here. It all started when I was skiing when Team Rocket drove by on a snowmobile and stole my cap off my head, during an attempt to catch Pikachu. I gave chase while making Pikachu pull me down the hill while chasing their snowmobile. I lost them after a few kicks on Team Rocket's snowmobile, only to see Team Rocket and my cap flying off a rock and heading towards a tree. The explosion could even be heard from Pallet Town and Team Rocket was sent blasting off again.

Back to my battered body, I was lying in the snow, watching my life flash before me, which includes me getting attack by a Magikarp, getting slapped by Misty, dancing my way into a well while trying to impress Misty and May strangling me. Then, I saw Pikachu running to me with a Growlithe. I knew Pikachu would come to save me as I would have tears coming out of my eyes, but the tear froze and I could barely even see. The last thing I remembered was the Growlithe taking a bite at my throat...

25th March - I recently got myself a call center when my friends complained that they are tired of getting Pikachu to answer my phone and taking messages.

Fortunately, my friend Tai pointed out that I could pay for Digimons who could answer the phone for me and take messages by heading south to Okinawa. Tai was the best friend I could get as he dealt with my financial affairs and even suggested to me to sell my FOXkids shares to my mom, before FOXkids went bust. It saved me millions.

So, he suggested that we should personally interview the Okinawa Digimons personally and he would join me as a guide. He told me that "Okinawa is not Kanto", which happens to be true, at the same time, mumbling, 'stupid tax deductions'.

Our train arrived in Okinawa Port, after it derailed and flew into the ocean. Luckily, our train was submersible. I wanted to give the train driver a tip for his service, but Tai advised me against it, saying that "I know Okinawa better than you do.".

While I am in Okinawa, I was hoping to bump into Mutsumi from Love Hina in case we could ask her to make a cameo appearence on Pokémon. But our paths did not cross throughout the trip.

We caught a ride on a cab driven by a Squirtle. It was going to be about 20 blocks away, but at the speed we were moving, its going to take us hours. The Squirtle apologised, telling us in broken Japanese, "Today is my first day. Traffic never this bad before."

At that moment, Tai and I got out of the cab and decided to walk. We've reached a broken computer, where a Patamon was staying. He's going to be the Digimon who will answer my phone calls and take messages. His last job was to clean old TV sets to be sold to unsuspecting buyers before the Okinawa Police caught him. I wanted to give him my small change but Tai advised against it. While Tai was negotiating with Patamon, I looked at where the computer was facing, which was the beautiful ocean. If that Patamon was business wise, he would find his home as a good real estate bargain.

Then I heard, "Half a cheese sandwich and that's my final offer!" Tai yelled out as I looked back at him and Patamon. Patamon had no choice but to agree as a bunch of Arboks were biting on him without prejudice. In less than an hour, Tai and I made it back to Tokyo, after I bought back a stone turtle souvenir for my Pikachu. Pikachu told me that Mutsumi came by while I was in Okinawa and left her card. Later, I decided to test out my New Digimon Call Center, but I was put on hold.

Back