Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I think it's the first time I've received a prize for procrastination. :p I guess it turned out fine.

Well, technically us Australians submitted our applications before TGK ever started working on his...

XQYB6Oi.png

The competitors enjoyed a lovely feast hosted by the Queen and the royal court. Food and mead poured out of the kitchen in a never-ending stream. The Queen and her court seemed ready to party the night away, and some challengers were happy to join them, while others begged off for an early bed to prepare for the next day's events.

Although none of the challengers knew exactly when the Queen went to bed (she seemed to have outlasted--and out-drunk--all of them), there was no sign of either a sleepless either or a copious amount of mead on her face the next morning as she welcomed them once again to her throne room for the very beginning of The Challenge.

"The first order of business, now that you are all present and accounted for, is to break you off into teams. For the approximate first half of The Challenge, you will be working together in these teams in order to proceed. Their strength is your strength, but their weaknesses may also be your downfall. Be sure to help each other and work together for the most favourable outcome."

The Queen gestured towards an old man standing off to the side, a large scroll in his arms. "My royal advisers have spent the night pouring over your applications to determine the team assignments. Their goal was to create teams that contained a balanced mix of specialties and strengths. Your teams will now be read to you."

The old man cleared his throat and opened the scroll before speaking out in a surprisingly loud and deep voice. "The first team shall be TGK, Uncia, Morda, and Jackson. The second team shall be Luis, Cypher, Mathas, and Yeowie. The third team shall be Beatrice, Cecil, Naxi, and Altaver. The fourth team shall be Reinhold, Oliver, Jabber, and Paul. So it pleases the Queen and thus may it please us all."

Athena smiled and dipped her head to acknowledge her adviser, who quickly rolled the scroll back up and stepped towards the dais. The competitors looked at each other and quickly reformed their position from a single line into 4 small groups of 4. When this was accomplished, the Queen spoke up again.

"The first Challenge that you must complete as a team is to decide upon a team name and then create a heraldic flag as your symbol and identification. These banners will be used to provide information to the kingdom about your individual teams progress. I bid you the best of luck. You are dismissed."

Challenge 1
Teams & Banners

All Challenge participants have now been split into teams. Team formation was primarily based off your your chosen class and stat assignments. The 4 teams are as follows:

Aureolin Amphisbaenae:
@thegrovylekid @King Xerneas @mordacazir @Keeper of Night

Palatinate Cynogryphons:
@Luispipe8 @Cypher333 @Skyleaf2000 @Yeowie

Xanadu Taniwha:
@Vom @Brave Vesperia @Vracken @Celever

Amber Phoenixes:
@Green778 @bbninjas @Jabberwock @Mr.Muffin

This 1st Challenge consists of 2 parts:

1) Forming Team communication and decided on a team name
2) Making a banner to advertise/announce your team name and team members.

Each part will have its own instructions and deadline, though if your team is quick with the first part, you can start working on the 2nd as soon as you are ready.

Instructions for Part 1:
  1. Read this post in its entirety to make sure you understand everything, and feel free to ask questions if there's something you don't understand. This is mostly aimed at the newbies, but old folks should make sure to brush up on their reading comprehension too. Failure to abide by the instructions and rules of the challenge may end up penalizing you.
  2. Converse with all members of your team and decide on a group communication method for you to discuss your team challenges. Creating a Group Conversation with all members may be the easiest since that is available right here on PokéBeach, but there are other options available as well, such as creating a Group Chat over Skype, or making a Team QuickTopic. There may be other options as well, but whatever you choose, make sure that it's something that all team members can access.
  3. When you have decided on your communication method, make sure that I am a part of it. If you make a group Conversation, add me to the group. If you make a Skype Chat, please add me as a contact (Skype: ladykirie) and then add me to the chat. If you make a QT, give me the link. Etc.
  4. Once group communication is go, you must decide on a team name. Rules and details for team creation are found in the next section below these instructions. When a team name has been agreed upon, one team member must post the team name in this thread in the following format (including bold text): "[Team Name] reporting for duty!"
  5. The deadline for Team Name Submission is Thursday, December 17th at 11:30am Central European Time. That is the same as 10:30am GMT, 5:30am Eastern US time, 2:30am Pacific US time, or approximately the same time as this post in your own time zone. If your team has not submitted a name by this time, your team will receive a penalty, and I will decide your team name for you.
  6. Team Names may be changed if desired, but ONLY up until the deadline. Once the deadline has passed, all team names are final.
  7. The GM must approve all Team Names before they are officially accepted. This is to make sure that all names are appropriate.
  8. As soon as your Team Name has been approved, you may move onto Part 2.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR TEAM/GM COMMUNICATION: Although I will be a part of all team communications, please do not use your group conversation method to ask me direct questions about challenges, as I may lose them among the rest of your teams conversations. If you have any direct questions that require a response from me, please either post them in thread (if they can/should be answered publicly) or ask me via PM (if they should be private).

Team Name Creation Details:

All Team Names must following the following format: [Colour] [Mythological Creature]

Colour: Please pick a colour to represent your team. There are only 2 restrictions for what colours you may or may not use:

1. Your colour must be ~fancy~! Don't be "pink", be cyclamen; don't be "blue", be ultramarine, etc. and so forth. If you need help thinking of good colour names, a thesaurus might be useful, or the Shades of (Colour) page on Wikipedia.
  2. You may NOT use the same base colour as another team. For example, if one team posts to say that their team is Crimson, you may not use any other red-based name.

Mythological Creature: Please pick a creature to represent your team. There are only 3 restrictions for what creatures you may or may not use:

1. While all mythological creatures are "made up", the creature you use for your team must be, well, already made up. Your team cannot create a new creature for the sake of this contest, but should instead pick one that already "exists", either in mythology or in fantasy works or video games. Let the internet be your guide!
  2. You may not specifically choose a "named" creature to be your mascot, but only a species. For example, you cannot choose your creature to be Falkor from the Neverending Story, but you could choose your creature to be Luckdragon, the draconic species from that book series that Falkor is a part of.
  3. Just like colours, you may NOT use the same (or a similar) creature as another team. For example, if one team posts to say their team creature is Dragons, you cannot choose to be Wyverns, or Water Dragons, or Chinese Dragons, etc.

Instructions for Part 2:
  1. Read this post in its entirety to make sure you understand everything, and feel free to ask questions if there's something you don't understand. Just to make sure you got it all the first time. :p
  2. Using a graphic image program of your choice, your team must create a banner for your team. The banner must adhere to the following rules:
    1. It should be no larger than 800px wide and 250px tall, and no smaller than 500px wide and 150px tall.
    2. The banner should feature both the colour of your team and also include an image of your team's chosen mythological creature.
    3. The banner's text must include both your team name and the names of all team members.
  3. Once your banner is complete, it should be hosted to an image-hosting site (such as imgur) and one member of your team should PM me a link to the image as your submission.
  4. The deadline for Team Banner Submission is Monday, December 21th at 11:30am Central European Time. That is the same as 10:30am GMT, 5:30am Eastern US time, 2:30am Pacific US time, or approximately the same time as this post in your own time zone. If all submissions are sent in early, the challenge may end sooner, but only if all players have submitted early.
  5. This is NOT an elimination challenge. All 16 players will continue on, unless teams fail to submit on time.

Once all banners have been submitted, the challenge will formally end and the Queen will pick her favourite banner and give a reward to the winning team. There will be no losing banner, and therefore no elimination, though elimination challenges will start with Challenge 2.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
TIMING NOTE FOR CHALLENGE 2 AND HOLIDAYS:

For ALL players, please publicly vote in thread for how you would like to see timing for the 2nd challenge handled:

1) I would prefer a formal break period assigned between Challenges 1 and 2. In this case, after the results of the 1st Challenge are posted, Challenge 2 would not start until January 2nd.

2) I would prefer Challenge 2 to start sooner but have a longer deadline so that people have time to do holiday activities but can still work on the Challenge in between those days when they have the time, and the game is not disrupted. In this case, Challenge 2 would formally start on the 21st/22nd but would not have a completion deadline until January 4th.

3) I don't care.

If it matters in your decision making, Challenge 2 will be a team creative challenge that involves writing, though I'm not going to give you any more details than that. As said in the Challenge 1 post, it will be the first elimination challenge.

Option 2, as it gives me more flexibility.

I've started a Conversation with Team 4 that we will be using temporarily to decide our platform of communication.

Option 2 as well.
Team 2! I will PM you all to start a group chat, because I think that's how it works.

CLARIFICATION ON TEAM COMMUNICATION:

You are certainly welcome to have multiple methods of communication for your team, such as using both a Skype chat and an on-forum Conversation, for example. Just make sure that all members of your team have access to all of these communication methods, and that I'm invited, too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back