Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
aYccsCG.png

@Mr.Muffin has been eliminated from the Palatinate Cynogryphons!
@Green778 has resigned from the Amber Phoenixes!

Thank you very much for participating! I hope you enjoyed your time in the game. Please contact me privately if you would like a link to the Dead/Spectator QT to discuss the game behind the scenes.​

As compensation for losing an extra participant this round, there will be no elimination in the next round. That's the best way I think I can handle things while making the smallest amount of changes to the game.

However, I've been subject to a serious of unfortunate coincidences that will prevent me from posting Round 7 today. That's why I'm posting elimination up separately now. C7 will go live sometime tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience. <3

A6OIO0R.png

The following morning, the challengers assembled in the throne room once again to eliminate a member of their ranks and to hear about the next challenge. However, not everyone was there. Puzzled, they looked around, trying to figure out who among them was missing until the Queen spoke up and gave them their answer.

"Where's Reinhold?" she asked, looking to the other Phoenixes for an answer. None of them had one, however, so she sent one of her guardsmen to his room. He returned, solemn-faced, and handed a pair of letters over to Athena. She opened one, read it silently, then looked at the other quizzically.

Eventually stuffing the unopened letter into a pocket of her robe, she turned back to the confused challengers. "It appears that Reinhold left us sometime in the middle of the night. He does not state his reasons, though..." she paused to touch the pocket with the other letter, "I believe they must be important. It looks as though we will be losing two players instead of one, today, so some arrangements will be made, and there will be no elimination in the next challenge. In the meantime, I would hear from the Cynogryphons who among them will also be leaving."

Paul was the one who stepped forward. Already dressed in his traveling gear with a guitar slung across his back, he seemed ready to depart at any moment. "I'm afraid the one leaving will be me, your highness," he announced with a flourished bow. "Thank you kindly for the time spent in your company and under your roof."

"Thank you for your participation." Athena bowed her head at him and then he was led out of the room, leaving 10 challengers remaining.

"And so it is time for the rest of us to move on with our business. As some of you likely know, one of Challesia's largest and move impressive holiday festivals is almost upon us: Reveillak. Although the day itself is still a few weeks away, we do need plenty of time to prepare for many of the festivities, including the most important, a grand feast held during the evening's twilight hours.

"The actual day of the festival itself will be a day off for you all so that you may celebrate with us together. However, you will be helping with the festival preparation for this seventh challenge... by designing the menu for the chefs for the biggest of all the Reveillak feasts in Challenge, the one held right in this castle."

Athena smiled at her challengers. "Over the next several days, each team will work together with each other and with some of the castle chefs to design various courses for the meal. Each team will design and submit a list of courses and the chefs will prepare samples of all of the foods you suggest. Once this is complete, all of you will do a taste-test of the meals and pick your favourites in a secret vote. The most loved dish in each category will be chosen for the final meal, and the team that has the most winning dishes will received an advantage in the next challenge.

"Good luck! I look forward to trying your dish selections for myself."

Challenge 7
Reveillak Feast Menu Creation

In this challenge, each team will create a number of courses to be served in the fictional Reveillak festival. Once all courses have been submitted, challengers will be the judges of their own challenge as they each vote for their favourite dishes.

Instructions:

1. Each team will create and design one or more dishes for each course category. Full information about the courses and how many submissions are allowed is posted in the Menu section below.
  2. Once your menu is complete, one member of your team must PM me a list of all dishes for all courses using the Submission Form. CC your other teammates so they know everything has been submitted.
  3. Players can use Scrolls of Summon Magical Assistant (SoSMA) to create an additional dish for a given course, which may give them an advantage in the judging. Please see the SoSMA section below for more details.
  4. You may not share your created dishes with anyone outside your team. The only people that should see them before voting is open are your teammates and me.
  5. The deadline for Menu Submission is Sunday, February 28th at 4:00pm Central European Time. That is the same as 3:00pm GMT, 10:00am Eastern US time, 7:00am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone. If your team has not submitted a menu by the time the deadline has reached, you will be forced to eliminate a member of your team as punishment.
  6. Once all menus have been submitted, I will put together a google form for all players to vote for their favourite dish. NOTE: You will not be allowed to vote for the dish your team submitted. You must choose between the two options created by the other teams. The form will be up sometime on Monday, and participants will have 48 hours to cast their votes (though if everyone submits easily, it may end early). Anyone who doesn't vote may receive a form of punishment.
  7. The votes will be tallied and a winning dish will be chosen for each course category based on the total number of votes. In the event of a tie, there are 2 possible tie-breakers:
    1. If there are any challengers that do not vote for any reason, their team will automatically lose any ties.
    2. If the tie is between two team's dishes and both had full voters, I will pick my personal favourite for each round between the tied dishes to be the winner for that round.
  8. The team with the most winning dishes will receive an advantage in the next challenge. There will be no elimination so long as all 3 teams submit menus.

Menu Course Information:

There are 8 total courses that you will be designing dishes for. I hope this goes without saying, but please keep in mind that you are not actually cooking these dishes, just describing them, as if you were writing out a menu. The courses are:
  1. Drinks
  2. Appetizer
  3. Soup
  4. Salad
  5. Palate Cleanser
  6. Main Course
  7. Dessert
  8. Warm Drinks
You must create one dish designed for each course, except for:
  • Appetizer: Submit 2
  • Main Course: Submit 4 - 2 meat (red or poultry), 1 fish, 1 vegetarian
  • Dessert: Submit 2, 1 warm and 1 cold

Each dish must be written down and described as you would see in a real restaurant menu, so it may be a good idea to look at menus online to give yourself an idea of what is expected. There is a 25 word limit on each submitted dish.

In terms of content, do what you want. You can base your courses off of real world dishes, you can add in some exotic fantasy elements (filet of dragon thigh, perhaps?), or even just completely make things up. Just bear in mind that you're limited in the amount of description you can offer in your menu, just like in a real restaurant, and this time there's no waiters around to ask for more information.

Remember that your dish creations must not be shared with anyone else!

Submission Form:

When you are ready to submit your dishes, please do so with the following form. Remember the 25 word limit for each item!

[b]Drinks:[/b] [answer]
[b]Appetizer 1:[/b] [answer]
[b]Appetizer 2:[/b] [answer]
[b]Soup:[/b] [answer]
[b]Salad:[/b] [answer]
[b]Palate Cleanser:[/b] [answer]
[b]Main Course Meat 1:[/b] [answer]
[b]Main Course Meat 2:[/b] [answer]
[b]Main Course Fish:[/b] [answer]
[b]Main Course Vegetarian:[/b] [answer]
[b]Dessert 1 (warm):[/b] [answer]
[b]Dessert 2 (cold):[/b] [answer]
[b]Warm Drinks:[/b] [answer]

Scroll of Summon Magical Assistant: Use 4

(Each of you started with a number of Scrolls of Magical Assistant, a magic item that can be used to give you various advantages throughout the game. Each time a new use of the item is revealed, it will be posted about in the Update (like this section here and now), and also added to the OP for easy reference. Please Note: Each Scroll is single use only! Once you use a Scroll for any purpose it is used up and your total number of scrolls goes down by one. If you ever want to know how many scrolls you currently have available at any given point, feel free to ask.)

SoSMA 4: Create Another Dish! (Challenge 7 only): A player from your team may choose to use a SoSMA to enable your team to design and submit 1 extra dish for any category. This may be a good idea if you have 2 ideas you can't choose between, or to make your team more likely to have a chosen answer, since you have a larger market share of options, so to speak. Each team may create up to 3 additional dishes in this manner, if they wish.

If you have any questions about this particular use of SoSMA, please ask!

And that's everything! Good luck, have fun, and please ask if you have any questions. :)

Last edited:
An important update has been added to the rules to reflect that you may not share your dishes with anyone outside of your team. Dishes should only be seen by your teammates and me.

Can the dishes be from plants and animals not of Earth? (obviously no Pokemon, as you stated)

In terms of content, do what you want. You can base your courses off of real world dishes, you can add in some exotic fantasy elements (filet of dragon thigh, perhaps?), or even just completely make things up. Just bear in mind that you're limited in the amount of description you can offer in your menu, just like in a real restaurant, and this time there's no waiters around to ask for more information.

As long as the text isn't on Drive or something like that (hardware limitations ftw), I could rock that challenge. :p

@Vom, I'll be home all Friday, so I'll catch up with you guys by then.

Hey guys, I hope your menu work is going along well! Just a reminder that we're a bit less than halfway to the deadline. All entries are due this Sunday, at the times specified in the original post. If you team does not submit on time you will be forced to eliminate someone, no exceptions, so it behooves you to not wait until the last minute to submit.

Hey guys, I hope your menu work is going along well! Just a reminder that we're a bit less than halfway to the deadline. All entries are due this Sunday, at the times specified in the original post. If you team does not submit on time you will be forced to eliminate someone, no exceptions, so it behooves you to not wait until the last minute to submit.
Hmm, I should really stop being busy then. I'm not even sure if Jabber and Sky have started yet either, but I sure haven't Dx

Last call for menus! We've got a bit less than 7 hours left and only one team has submitted so far. As a reminder...

The deadline for Menu Submission is Sunday, February 28th at 4:00pm Central European Time. That is the same as 3:00pm GMT, 10:00am Eastern US time, 7:00am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone. If your team has not submitted a menu by the time the deadline has reached, you will be forced to eliminate a member of your team as punishment.

Last call for menus! We've got a bit less than 7 hours left and only one team has submitted so far. As a reminder...

The deadline for Menu Submission is Sunday, February 28th at 4:00pm Central European Time. That is the same as 3:00pm GMT, 10:00am Eastern US time, 7:00am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone. If your team has not submitted a menu by the time the deadline has reached, you will be forced to eliminate a member of your team as punishment.
are we allowed to know which team it is? I'm pretty sure Brave submitted but want to make sure.

He should have, yes, but didn't. Another point in the favour of me doing a reading challenge at some point. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back