Finished The Challenge: Season 6 - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
aVbF2i0.png
  • 25 victims players sign up. They are put into 5 teams of 5 people.
  • Players will compete in tasks, or challenges, in a mad bid for first place! These tasks can be any number of things -- all of which that can be performed from the comfort of your computer chair. They can be absolutely anything though, and we like getting creative on this forum, so expect the unexpected moving forward. Don't worry, it's all for fun! We're not sadists...
  • After each challenge there will be an elimination. If you're eliminated, you're dead, and no longer in the running for the extremely coveted title. Well, within reason. There will be one or two opportunities for revival throughout the competition, so keep an eye on the thread and never give up until the one and only, final winner is announced for good!
  • The flavour is... *drumroll*... Nintendo's Franchises. There will be an exciting story unfolding throughout the course of the competition, and I would encourage everyone to read it. If you want to just play through the game reading the challenges though, that's absolutely fine too! The story is, after all, just that. A story. Good luck though, everyone! You'll need it...
  • And finally... Have fun! :D
  • P.S: Don't worry about there being no information on how to sign up: that in and of itself will be your first challenge, and is posted farther on down the thread!
MHwBxEf.png
Original Teams (disbanded challenge 8)
Yoshi_banner.jpg

2cp6GgV.png
Brave Vesperia
Camoclone
Vom
Tails
PhantomHaze
King Xerneas​
Wailord_2
Luispipe8​
Lugia123
raichulover11
QzipFfD.jpg

scattered mind
Mora
Keeper of Night
TheGuy
DevinTheWelf

5frANXT.png

cmqWp0U.png
Jeremy1026
Squirtle Squad​
Blui
NameBlank
Ice Espeon
steffenka​
Cypher333
Snaquaza
Mr.Muffin
GM Draclord​
Solo Rounds 1:
Spoilered because spoilers
1) Vom ~ Eliminated Challenge 9
2) PhantomHaze ~ Eliminated Challenge 14
3) King Xerneas ~ Came 4th
4) Luispipe8 ~ Bowed out Challenge 15
5) scattered mind ~ Came 3rd
6) Mora ~ Came 1st!
7) Keeper of Night ~ Eliminated Challenge 11 ~ Revived Challenge 16 ~ Came 2nd
8) Squirtle Squad ~ Eliminated Challenge 10
9) steffenka Eliminated Challenge 15
10) GM DracLord ~ Modkilled Challenge 11
11) Brave Vesperia ~ Bowed out Challenge 13

V1tHE4O.png
1) Keeper of Night
2) King Xerneas
3) Cypher333 ~ Voted out by Centurions in Challenge 5
4) Mora
5) TheGuy ~ Suicided Challenge 3 (part 1)
6) Jeremy1026 ~ Eliminated by default in Challenge 7
7) Luispipe8
8) Ice Espeon ~Voted out by Centurions in Challenge 5
9) Vom ~ Voted out in the solo rounds in Challenge 9
10) Blui ~ Voted out by Centurions in Challenge 4
11) NameBlank ~ Modkilled Challenge 5
12) GM DracLord
13) raichulover11 ~ Voted out by Eccellente in Challenge 2
14) Wailord_2 ~ Suicided Challenge 3 (part 1)
15) Lugia123 ~ Voted out by The Egg Knights in Challenge 3 (part 3)
16) Snaquaza ~ Suicided Challenge 3 (part 1)
17) Mr. Muffin
18) Brave Vesperia ~ Voted out by The Egg Knights in Challenge 7
19) Tails ~ Modkilled and (probably) voted out by Eccellente Challenge 3 (part 1)
20) DevinTheWelf ~ Modkilled Challenge 5
21) scattered mind
22) PhantomHaze
23) steffenka
24) Camoclone ~ Voted out by Eccellente in Challenge 5
25) Squirtle Squad

W3Nf2sj.png
Prologue - Prologue
Challenge 1 - Sign-Ups Phase
Challenge 2 - Banner Phase - Results
Challenge 3 - Animal Crossing Phase
Part 1
- Results

Part 2 - Results
Part 3
- Results
Challenge 4 - Donkey Konga Phase
Part 1
- Results

Part 2 - Results
Challenge 5 - Wario Phase - Results
Challenge 6 - Zelda Phase - Results
Challenge 7 - Fire Emblem Phase - Results
Challenge 8 - Pokémon Revive Challenge(1|2|3|4) - Results
Challenge 9 - Duck Hunt + Mario Phase (1|2)- Results
Challenge 10 - Nintendo Phase - Results - Elimination
Challenge 11 - Kid Icarus Phase - Results
Challenge 12 - Luigi's Mansion Phase - Results
Challenge 13 - Kirby Phase - Results
Challenge 14 - Star Fox Phase - Results
Challenge 15 - Pikmin Phase - Results
Challenge 16 - Pokémon Revive Challenge - Results
Challenge 17 - Mario Party Phase - Results + Winner!

Congratulations @Mora For Winning The Challenge Season 6!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: The Challenge: Season 6

7XDD9cQ.png

"We need a new game! The company is running out of money and we all know it!" Satoru Iwata was in tears.
Nintendo hasn't made a single profit for the past 6 and a half years. After the cancelled "Wii U2", Nintendo's future projections rapidly decreased thanks to a wasted 3 million spent on the cancelled console. Since then, the quality of their games had decreased as much as their profits, as the company pumped out game after game just to try and keep their heads up above the water. Only the most loyal and richest fans still buy from Nintendo... only 25 of them, in fact!
"I say it's time to bail," Celever sighed, standing up anxiously, "how much will we get if we just liquidise the company now?"
"$33 each." Iwata replied starkly. Celever sat down again and pulled out a cigarette. He used to be worth millions, winning greatest game director of the decade from 1980 to 2010... but now he's worth a measly $33!
Suddenly, the new guy stood up. Everyone quickly turned their heads, chattering among themselves and sniggering. Only a total idiot would join a failing company, they said. However, bbninjas was no idiot. He was a genius, and he constructed the only idea that could get the company out of this mess:
"The solution is simple. We need to stop producing budget games and selling them on for double the price of a regular game. The way that we're going now, our remaining customers are gonna leave too, and we've only got 25 of them! We still have a fantastic director and several able employees... We need to focus all of our efforts and resources into one, incredible game!" bbninjas took a deep breath after his speech, as everyone in the meeting stopped gossiping and started applauding. It was an amazing idea, and it could easily save Nintendo for good!
"Yeah, that's great and all, bbninjas," Celever said, "but what game do we make? We still have 22 franchises available to use..."
"I agree with Celever here," Masahiro Sakurai stated, "I do not think it is plausible to be able to choose just one of these franchises for our game. We only have 25 fans, and depending on what we choose, it could screw over half of them! We are too diverse..."
bbninjas thought for a moment, and then came up with an idea...

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

ndvqdTp.png

Satoru Iwata opens up his twitter page. He checks how many people are following him -- sure enough, it's still 25. "Good." He says simply, and then he starts typing.
The next day, Nintendo's small cult of fans are excited to see a notification from Iwata himself on their feed! The message simply says:
Calling all Nintendo fans: Come to the brand new Nintendo building @ PokéBeach.com. Make sure you know what your favourite Nintendo IP is -- and come prepared for a fight. Let me know if you want to join us here, and a coach will be there to pick you up later today. You will receive further instructions upon arrival.
See you then!
~ Iwata

The coach drove along the dusty tracks and boarded a ferry to the lonely and isolated "PokéBeach island", located between Australia and New Zealand, though neither can be seen even a little bit whilst standing on the gloriously sandy shores. It looks like a paradise, and really, it is. However, Nintendo owns the land. If Nintendo goes bankrupt, the island, and the popular forum that is hosted there... both gone. The captain of the ship and host of the PokéBeach forums, Water Pokémon Master, is always frightened of that possibility. He speeds up the boat, knowing that he has to get the unsuspecting fans to his owners as quickly as possible!

"Hello," bbninjas shouted excitedly, standing up on a table, "and welcome to PokéBeach island!" The minute crowd cheers. This is exactly the reaction bbninjas was hoping for, though he was expecting a more... capable group to depart from the bus. Ah well... "Now, you may be wondering why our beloved CEO has called you all here! Well, I've had a stroke of genius, and one of you will play a key role in this project..."
"...so," When the incredibly popular game director Celever pipes up for even one syllable, the crowd goes wild once again. "bbninjas and I will be hosting an epic competition for all 25 of you!" The noise at this stage is so hysterical -- especially for coming from only 25 people -- that Celever grabs a megaphone to be heard above the crowd. "We need you to sign up for this competition filling in each of these forms in private, and giving them to bbninjas and myself privately. Do NOT tell anyone else what you have put!" Shigeru Miyamoto begins handing out the forms:

You glance down and read the form:
Gaming Knowledge:
Strategy and Tactics:
The Arts:
Computer Technology:
Literature:

You wonder what it means, but look up again to see Celever still talking...

THE CHALLENGE
  • This challenge is absurdly simple, but it still counts...
  • You have 250 points at your disposal. The challenge is simple: Fill out the form.
  • PM them to bbninjas and Celever by Friday the 16th, Midnight, GMT .
  • These sign up forms DO have a purpose, you just don't know what it is yet :p
  • P.S: This is just you signing up, no eliminations will be occuring here.

Celever speaks up once again, showing you and the rest of the crowd his own application form as an example:

Gaming Knowledge: 150
Strategy and Tactics: 60
The Arts: 5
Computer Technology: 0
Literature: 35

He then slipped his card into a large machine. It sucked up the paper, and in return printed out a laminated player card, showcasing his stats:

LkHaPzH.png

bbninjas, as the original creator of the competition, didn't want Celever to take all of the attention away from him, so he flashed his card around for all to see as well:

mof9EZw.png

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

In to waste more time trying to win a game by recklessly endangering myself at every given opportunity.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
RE: The Challenge: Season 6 - Sign Ups - Due Friday the 16th Midnight GMT

I'm definetly joining this season, and with my application I basically sign away whatever remnants I had of a life.

Cypher333

time to run

Totally in, first real forum game for me!

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

I shall join for another chance to dominate have fun :D maybe expect a PM in a day or two since internet is being dodgy.

TheGuy

Member since '09

I'm ready for my fourth season of play.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

I'll give this a go this time.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

So this is finally a thing...! :D

I'm in! Let's hope I do better than last time. :p

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi

I will join for the first time :eek:

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod

Joining for the first time too! :D

Cypher333

time to run

Umm, Celever? Sorry to bother you, but you forgot the third 3 in my name.

Sorry!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Don't worry, you're role card does. :p

Celever

Wheeeee~

Cypher333 said:
Umm, Celever? Sorry to bother you, but you forgot the third 3 in my name.

Sorry!

Oh whoops. Don't be so apologetic though, it only takes a couple of seconds to write an extra 3 there! :p

Blui

lv85 paladin

in2pm

NameBlank

The Divine Paradise

I'm not too sure about this... but whatever. Count me in!

Status
Not open for further replies.