Finished The Challenge: Season 6 - The Winner Crowned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only 2 hours until deadline (or just over by a few minutes). Don't let me down on my birthday guys! :(

After weeks of click-clack attacking, writing quotes and copying teams, Challenge 8 finally draws to a close. This challenge was the most important yet, because players who had prevoously been eliminated earned the right to come back, and players still in the competition were fighting it out for immunity pins.

Part 1, a simple Pokemon tournament with a twist, had participants fighting it out with the same Pokemon on each team, though all attributes to these Pokemon was completely up to the competitors. Brave Vespeira and bbninjas fought it out in a tense finale, but in the end, bbninjas prevailed.

In Part 2, all players strived to get the best score they could in Pachirisu's Click-Clack Attack, a flash game on Pokemon.com. That is, before they removed the game from Pokemon.com, so now the game is on some random site instead. 5 scores were submitted, and the gap between first place and second place was very small.

In Part 3, players had to use their literacy skills to create quotes to do with Pokemon. These could be funny or serious, and could be about any aspect of Pokemon: the anime, games, TCG... you name it. Only 3 submissions or Part 3 were made, but the winning quote was funny enough that it's a deserved win regardless.

In a mysterious Part 4, actually created after the finals of the Ditto Tournament, players had to celebrate one of the host's, Celever's, birthday. Ths competitors had to send a drawing of Ice-Type Pokemon to Celever as gifts, and the best drawing would get bbninjas' revive for winning the Ditto Tournament, since as a host he didn't need it himself. 2 submissions were made, and I, Celever, loved both of them! :]

"Now, for the results!" bbninjas cried excitedly.
Part 1:
We know who won here. bbninjas won the tournament, and Brave Vesperia came second. However, there was a hidden second revive to do with this competition: 2nd place. 1st place was going to have to give their extra revive they got for winning away.... So congratulations!

Part 2:
This one was easy to judge. Here are the scores, in order of when they were submitted:
Keeper of Night:
scattered mind:
Mora:
Brave Vesperia:
Cypher333:

Winner:
Congratulations Mora! You have won one revive!

Part 3:
Depressingly, only 3 submissions were made here. Both bb and I liked all of the quotes, though we really loved the winner's.
Submissions (in order of when they were submitted):
Keeper of Night:
"There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that want to be there very best, like no one ever was, and those that have no idea what Pokemon is."
Brave Vesperia:
"Nobody is able to stop you from messing up a card on your deck list, but if you do, I will find you, I will take it out, and I will replace it with a Basic Energy of your choosing."
Cypher333:
"Be warned. If anyone in this world cheats in a Pokemon game, no power on this earth will be able to save them from the table-flip ninja."

The winner:
Brave Vesperia! Your quote actually made me laugh a little bit when I read it because it seemed quite random at first, but then I realised it made total sense. bbninjas also thought you were the winner, so congratulations on your revive! Your second revive!

Part 4:
We only had 2 submissions for Part 4, but I think it's fair enough given the 48 hours between reveal and deadline. I loved both of them, too. I can't stress that enough!

Submissions (in order of submission):
scattered mind:
Niw19lH.png
Cypher333:
img001-jpg.8198
Winner:
Even though I've been playing a lot of Pikmin 3 lately, and I think the idea of the pikmin gathering Snover Berries from some Snover who's trying to stand really still to let them is hilarious, scattered mind has to be the winner here. I could show his picture to my Mum and my Grandma and get an "awwwww" reaction, so there was really no question!

So, revive count:
Brave Vesperia: 2
Mora: 1
scattered mind: 1

"Hey, bb," Celever nudged after he was done announcing the results, "remember how Brave is actually eliminated right now? It happened right before Challenge 8 started. I didn't really remember... and we forgot to announce it earlier!" bbninjas stood back up onto a table and called everyone back over.
"We forgot a little detail," he sighed, "so now let me formally welcome Brave Vesperia back into the competition! This means you only have one revive left, though."

Updated revive count:
Brave Vesperia: 1
Mora: 1
scattered mind: 1

Challenge 9 will probably be up later today, so stay tuned!

"Also," Celever noted, "I have an announcement to make: There will be another revive challenge in the future. Don't fret if you didn't make it back in this time around, but keep following the thread!"

xXIWcrD.png

tumblr_n9fl4vuUde1sw8d3mo1_500.jpg

"Hey everyone!" As per usual, all of the contestants were called into the main foyer of Nintendo's building, and everyone was hyped for the next challenge. "This flavour doesn't get stale... right?" Celever asked. All of the heads in the room started nodding, but Celever was prepared. "Well, today we have a guest for you! Again! It's not Thena this time though!"

Celever stood off of the table, allowing a man kitted with guns and ammo to step up. The man introduced himself as PMJ. He explained that about 9 months ago he'd reintroduced a terrifying competition to PokeBeach island. Since then it has been run 11 more times, finishing its killing streak in January of this year. "That's right," PMJ concluded, "we're playing Ready Aim Fire! What's more, your two lovely hosts here commissioned me, as the founder of the game, to come here and host it for you all myself!"
"bb and I aren't going to be taking part this time, though," Celever informed, "because we really have nothing to gain, and we need a break after the Ditto Tournament! x___x"

The Challenge:
  • You're playing Ready Aim Fire, and the theme is Mario! Ready Aim Fire is a forum game which has been around for a while, and it is extremely popular. PMJ will do a better job of explaining the rules than I will, so here's a link to the first game. Read over the rules if you're not familiar with them already.
  • PMJ is the host here! Despite this being the Duck Hunt challenge, the theme is actually Mario, because let's be real, we're not going to get a chance for another Duck Hunt challenge again, and there aren't even 11 characters in Duck Hunt (in fact, there are 3, Duck Hunt Dog, Duck Hunt Duck and the Gunman).
  • To sign up, just post with the name of a character from the original Super Mario Bros. or from Duck Hunt. You have about 2 days, or until Monday the 13th of June at 11:59 PM to sign up. Anyone who does not sign up will be immediately up for elimination without a vote to place themselves.
  • Each round will only last 48 hours. If you don't submit a move in these 48 hours, you will be modkilled and will be up for elimination.
  • Speaking of elimination, this is our first immunity challenge. Traditionally, immunity challenges only have one player gaining immunity, and everyone else is up for elimination. This is a bit like that, but instead of just one person gaining immunity, everybody in the final round will be granted immunity. So what's the point in winning, you ask? The winner gets to grant immunity to one other player of their choice who doesn't already have it, and save them from being up for elimination! However, should someone not sign up in the 48 hours, or should someone be modkilled later into the game, they will not be eligible to gain this extra immunity.
  • Have fun everyone, and good luck! It's exam week for me and I just came out, so it's probably for the best that I'm not bestowed with hosting this right now as well. bb will be a little busy moving houses for this week, but should be on PB once a day via his laptop. He won't have any skype or fancy graphical stuff though ;~;. Anyway, we'll both back fully functioning for Challenge 10. However, if you need anything for the wider game (like alliance QuickTopics or something) please contact Celever first, as he'll probably be available more. :]
Mass tag:
@Vom @PhantomHaze @Brave Vesperia @King Xerneas @Luispipe8 @scattered mind @Mora @Keeper of Night @Squirtle Squad @steffenka @GM DracLord @PMJ

Player List:
1) scattered mind ~ Hammer Brother
2) Luispipe8 ~ Luigi
3) Mora ~ Mario
4) steffenka ~ Duck Hunt Dog
5) Keeper of Night ~ Spiny
6) Brave Vesperia ~ Blooper
7) Squirtle Squad ~ Bowser
8) PhantomHaze ~ Bullet Bill
9) GM DracLord~ Piranha Plant

Last edited:
Hey, everypony. Don't be afraid to pick something like a Goomba; there is no base power level in Ready Aim Fire. Goomba could beat Bowser...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back