Finished The Challenge: Season 4 - Keeper of Night takes it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
1. Here you can see the crying

6rpnv6.png

• 20 people will be put into teams. The number of teams and their sizes will remain hidden until the start date, but they will all be of the same size.
  • Compete in tasks and challenges to build teamwork, unity, trust and, maybe even, reading comprehension skills (not so sure about the last one but I can dream)
  • The loser(s) of the challenge will send off their weakest link by democratically throwing them out of something (be it a car, window or cannon). TL;DR: Vote 'em out
  • Speaking of votes, send them in through PM. Note that all votes are locked in and confidential upon sending them out. If you don't send in a vote, I will make you juggle electronics in a pool of water where poisonous snakes live.
  • Teams will be shuffled and dissolved at hidden, but pre-determined times.
  • Eliminated players are to keep interested in the game. You never know what might happen. ;)
  • If we ever get to a 10th The Challenge, we'll probably have an All-Star game but don't get your hopes up.
  • **NEW**Join #TheChallenge on irc to discuss the game.
  • **NEW**Astra gets to watch you squirm. Won't that be fun? I see that edit you did there >:[

15g9wmv.png

[member]Keeper of Night[/member]
The Winner!

2iu8ua.png

AlexanderTheAwesome - 20th Place
Shining Goodra - 19th Place
safariblade - 18th Place
Prince Dedenne - 16th Place
Camoclone - 16th Place
LuckyFire - 14th Place
Poseidon - 14th Place
HypnoticChairman - 12th Place
GM Draclord - 12th Place

[btable][tr][td]Machamp The Champion[/td][td]11th Place[/td][td]Eliminated after Challenge 11[/td][td]Jury Member 1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Scorched Feathers[/td][td]10th Place[/td][td]Modkilled during Challenge 12 for inactivity[/td][td]Jury Member 2[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Eron[/td][td]9th Place[/td][td]Eliminated after Challenge 12[/td][td]Jury Member 3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Haunted Water[/td][td]8th Place[/td][td]Left the game in Challenge 13[/td][td]Jury Member 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TheGuy[/td][td]7th Place[/td][td]Eliminated after Challenge 14[/td][td]Jury Member 5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TwistedTurtwig[/td][td]6th Place[/td][td]Withdrew during Challenge 16[/td][td]Jury Member 6[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Celever[/td][td]5th Place[/td][td]Modkilled after Challenge 16[/td][td]Jury Member 7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]WanderingWolf[/td][td]4th Place[/td][td]Eliminated after Challenge 16[/td][td]Jury Member 8[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]rev3rsor[/td][td]3rd Place[/td][td]Eliminated after Challenge 18[/td][td]Jury Member 9[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]RaichuGirl[/td][td]2nd Place[/td][td]Lost in Challenge 19[/td][td]Runner Up[/td][/tr]
[/btable]

2ltptsg.png

Challenge 1: Getting in the Swing of Things
Mini-Challenge 1
Teams are to create a team name and banner. However, stipulations prevent this challenge from being a walk in the park. Teams have to work together to complete their entry. Celever won the mini-challenge for team 3. Team 3, under the name The Phan Club, dominated the challenge and won by 5 points. Team 4, aka Team Kyushu, lost the challenge by one point and had to eliminate someone. AlexanderTheAwesome ragequat from the challenge, but he also received enough votes to be eliminated.

Challenge 2: School is in Session
Mini-Challenge 2:

Teams have to write an essay about prechosen 6th gen Pokemon. In the mini-challenge, WanderingWolf was able to answer 5 very painful questions about various Nintendo games, giving The Admirals an advantage in the challenge. Team Kyushu and The Phan Club had both won this challenge, while Team Power Outage!!! lost. They had to eliminate someone. GM Draclord was eliminated.

Challenge 3: Double Double, Toil and Trouble
Mini-Challenge 3
Fun fact: safariblade won with this challenge in The Challenge 1. Teams will build picture puzzles and create a phrase using said phrase. The first team to assemble three correct puzzles correctly first wins. Hades showed up and said that all teams, except for the winning team, will be eliminating a player after this challenge. Than Phan Club continues their streak as Eron wins the mini-challenge, giving their team immunity! TwistedTurtwig dominated the main challenge on building puzzles from pictures, and won the challenge for The Admirals. Team Power Outage!!! and Team Kyushu once again have to eliminate a teammate. Shining Goodra withdrew from The Challenge. The apathetic Team Kyushu only sent in two votes, both for two different people (Scorched Feathers and TheGuy). The Phan Club broke the tie by eliminating Scorched Feathers.

Challenge 4: We Drew Rocks
The four teams are now shuffled into three teams through drawing rocks. However, there are mysterious red rocks that will eliminate you if you draw one. safariblade drew the 18th rock, which revealed the lone red rock. However, twp enigmatic white rocks were later found in the bag, and their purpose is unknown. Everyone waited impatiently for the mystery of the white rocks to be revealed. These white rocks were rocks of revenge, as the drawers of the rocks would allow them to steal someone else's spot in the game. GM Draclord, the second person eliminated from The Challenge, claimed a rock of his own, and eliminated Prince Dedenne. Scorched Feathers also returned, and took Camoclone out of the game.

Challenge 5: Pass The Torch
The Mini-Challenge was shameful so I won't link to it.
Teams partook in a YPPPY game to see who could pass the torch to their teammates and create the longest chain (none of them ever came close to the 64 chain from The Challenge 2). The Yellow team got off to a quick lead with their x2 multiplier, giving them a score of 14, enough to win by one point. The Green team would come in second with a score of 13, while the Blue team got last with a score of 4. However, all teams were spared as Professor Palutena revealed that no one would be eliminated after this challenge. Rage quickly ensued.

Challenge 6: THE Challenge 6...6...6
Teams had to navigate the thread to find a fake post, being post 1174 to find the details of Challenge 6. Teams were given 3 days to find the post, and received numerous hints along the way. However, no one found it until the last 24 hours of the challenge. The challenge itself was a 15-question trivia challenge on numerous topics. Defeat was not an option, as the last team to complete the challenge would have to eliminate two teammates. The hyperactive Green Team, with lots more help, won Challenge 6. The Blue Team, aka Team TheGuy, won second place for the Blue Team, saving them from elimination. The Yellow Team then had to eliminate two team members. They chose, unanimously, to eliminate RaichuGirl. The second vote was more difficult, and there was a tie between rev3rsor and Haunted Water. Random.org cast the final vote, and eliminated Haunted Water.

Challenge 7: I Laugh or You Lose
TLDR: These players have terrible senses of humor. So they were all punished as each of the three teams lost a member. The long awaited modkill of Poseidon and LuckyFire finally came as well. Celever was blindsided and was eliminated from the Green Team. Speaking of the Green Team, they forcefully eliminated HypnoticChairman. The Yellow Team eliminated GM Draclord, becoming the first player to be eliminated twice.

Challenge 8: Back with a Skillx2
In an incredibly short challenge, lasting only a few hours, the eliminated players had a chance to get back into the game. It didn't last long enough for most to see it, so expect a lot of complaining from those who missed it. Oh well. RaichuGirl and Celever made it back into the game.

Challenge 9: This Challenge, Brought to You by...
A Fakemon contest. Who doesn't love those? Players, now fighting for themselves, had to make an original Fakemon. Players were scored relatively to each other, so they only had to be as good as their competitors to win. This game is full of procrastinators, which ultimately costed many of them. TwistedTurtwig won the challenge, while TheGuy, Celever and Eron were up for elimination. In a near unanimous decision, Celever was eliminated again.

What happened to Challenge 10 is anyone's guess.

Challenge 11: Much Shake, Very Speare.
Players talk like Shakespeare's plays by playing an endurance test in iambic pentameter. It got really boring until it mysteriously ended.... O:

The Real Challenge 11: Professor Palutena goes back to Grade 1
Players have to figure out what the other players think of them. This challenge also modkilled TwistedTurtwig, and eliminated Machamp The Champion. This was the first challenge to not have anyone win immunity. It also started the jury. More importantly, TwistedTurtwig, Haunted Water and Celever were brought back for their final chance in the game.

Challenge 12: Snorlax used Curse!
Teams have to guess a word that I think of. They were given several hints to find out. Guessing the right word gave them immunity. Only four players would not receive immunity: Scorched Feathers, RaichuGirl, Haunted Water and Eron. As he made the fewest posts in the challenge, Scorched Feathers was modkilled. Eron was voted out in a majority decision, leaving the Phan Club down to just rev3rsor and Celever. Scorched Feathers and Eron became the second and third, respectively, Jury Members.

Challenge 13: Shocking!
Players take turns killing each other trying to win immunity. This is an enigmatic challenge, and no one knows how it worked. rev3rsor and WanderingWolf won immunity while Haunted Water ragequit because Tapatalk broke up with PokeBeach.

Challenge 14: Bored Game
Players play a board game where they, once again, get to all kill each other. In a similar fashion to Oregon Trail, everyone but one person died. That person was Celever, winning a critical immunity for his alliance of two. WanderingWolf raged all day long after TwistedTurtwig's sword killed the whole competition in one turn. I hear he wants to attack me. You better hide your children.

Challenge 15: Werewolf
Players were given tools to try to find the werewolf in a good old fashioned Scum hunt. Naturally, I was the scum and no one could figure it out despite the obvious clues. However, I am a very gracious person and chose that no one would get eliminated.

Challenge 16: Cutthroat Academics
Players wrote reports on a topic of my choice. However, an auction was held prior to the writing period that quickly turned into a festive blood bath and everyone turned on each other. TwistedTurtwig withdrew from the game, which resulted in the creation of the final five. Celever's elimination created the final four, and a dramatic tiebreaker between Keeper of Night and WanderingWolf resulted in WanderingWolf's elimination and the elimination of the whole Admirals team. Keeper of Night, RaichuGirl and rev3rsor became the final three.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: The Challenge: Season 4

The first 20 people to PM me a completed form, located at the bottom of this post, get to be in the game. There is no such thing as a substitution in this game. So only join if you know you will remain interested or I will make you juggle electronics in shark infested waters.
pokechimpo
Eron
TwistedTurtwig
Chronus MSEA
Four Arms
WanderingWolf

15 spots remaining!
6+15=20
Math!

DNA said:
The first 20 people to PM me a completed form, located at the bottom of this post, get to be in the game. There is no such thing as a substitution in this game. So only join if you know you will remain interested or I will make you juggle electronics in shark infested waters.
pokechimpo
Eron
TwistedTurtwig
Chronus MSEA
Four Arms
WanderingWolf

15 spots remaining!
6+15=20
Math!

The OP:

(This post was last modified: Yesterday 07:46 PM by Astra.)

Astra's Post:

Yesterday 06:59 PM

Wrong!

You say that like it's relevant.

DNA said:
You say that like it's relevant.

It is. I put my application in, after Astra posted that. After, Astra edited the OP to put my name on the player list. It is very much relevant.

The point being he didn't edit the 15 to a 14 after that as well. Therefore, MATH!
Now I'm going to go back to my corner and do something useful.

DNA said:
The point being he didn't edit the 15 to a 14 after that as well. Therefore, MATH!
Now I'm going to go back to my corner and do something useful.

By useful, you mean sending in your application, right?

Shame there aren't any marquee players signed up yet.

Hopefully we can have some more veterans show up.

I think Hypnotic is the only one so far.

(YOU WILL ALWAYS BE HL TO ME!)

Oh god, safariblade. I'm still angry at him for winning Challenge 1 even though I tried to help HL win.

We need more vets. Where'd they all go? :[

TEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back