Writing The Acronym Contest I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Welcome to the Acronym Contest! This is an old-fashioned contest where you get a word, and must create a creative acronym with words that support its meaning. The theme this week is Turkey.

Rules and Information

1.) A total of 15 participants may sign up in this contest. Submissions will be accepted in the order they are submitted. If there are more than 15 contestants, then I will probably allow, but I'm not worried

2.) Submissions are expected to be an acronym that uses all letters in the word. No word may be repeated. New entries will be accepted until Friday, November 30, or until all slots are filled.

3.) Each poem for the contest must follow the selected theme for the competition. Due to artist’s having different interpretations of ideas, no acronym will be disqualified for writing about divergent topics so long as the theme is tied in somehow (if it isn’t, then you will be disqualified for the duration of this round); however, please note that acronyms posted with intent to troll or written up stupidly will be disqualified automatically. (cited from Apollo)

4.) Voting will run for three days and be open to all members of PokéBeach. Everyone will be allowed to vote for up to three of their favorites. If more than eight entries are submitted, then participants may vote for their own poem. However, if less are entered, then they may not and a point will be deducted from the score of anyone who does so. (cited from Apollo)

Entries

1.) CJBlazerX87
Turkeys
Undercooked
Roasted
Killed
Eaten
Yummy

2.) Lucky Fire

Thanksgiving
Underneath
Raw
Kindness
Equality
Yourself

3.) Keeper of Night

Tempting
Underused
Rare
Kingly
Enjoyable
Yummy

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

15.)

Good luck!

Updated at 3:08PM CST as a favor. I'll leave the next ones for you, Yoshi. I just didn't want to leave this thread sit while I had time to update it for you.

Hmm, seems interesting.

Have
Energy
And
Roast
Turkeys
Bad-tastingest
Roast
Ever
Annnnnnnd
Keeper

...fyi, for Native Americans, Thanksgiving Day is actually the saddest day of the year, period. That's the day when they grieve the deaths of their ancestors (who died because of the warfare and disease). Seriously, don't mention it around them.

Lucky Fire, I have no idea what you're doing. The word you're supposed to be doing an acronym for is Turkey.

And thanks Apollo.

Oh, my bad. I thought the theme applied in general terms to the word. >.< Let me try again.

Thanksgiving
Underneath
Raw
Kindness
Equality
Yourself

It should be Word: Turkey instead of Theme: Turkey, if you ask me. :p

I'll go ahead and try, it seems like fun. :)

Tempting
Underused
Rare
Kingly
Enjoyable
Yummy

Because I love eating Turkey :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back