• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Terrakion + friends (trying admirably to use only BW and on)

KadyShack707

Cubone's Gavel
Hey guys, a typical Terrakion + friends deck, but since I started only recently, I've only gotten BW and on sue to rotation in 3 months (I believe thats when the new packs are coming out)

2 Groudon EX
2 Landorus
4 Terrakion
1 Sableye DE
1 Zekrom ND

4 N
4 Juniper
4 Cheren
2 Random Receiver
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Crushing Hammer
4 Catchers
3 Switch
4 Exp Share
2 Ultra Ball
2 Heavy Ball
1 Super Rod
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Ruins of Alph (the only old card and due to the tornadus' I have in the area I play in)

10 Fighting Energy
4 Prism Energy

Strategy: Getting exp's on benched pokemon, terrakions for revenge kill, landorus for accel + 10 everywhere + 80 damage. Groudon uses the 10 everywhere... once landorus hits twice and gets 20 everywhere.

The one little guy I like is Sableye, Junk Hunt gets back any items I use, so the balls are reusable, catchers, switches, anything to make sure I can take out the rest of the pokemon the opponents have. Also a nice tiny confusion thing for colorless.

Any suggestions?

This is all I would do:)
-2 enhanced hammer (not necessary)
+2 crushing hammer (much more necessary)

Maybe more draw power such as Bianca and cheren may help. I think maybe a mewtwo and zekrom may help to counter other mewtwos and to counter tornadus/tornadus EX.

Thanks, I like the Zekrom idea and will take out a energy retrieval for it, unless anything else is suggested.

I usually feel a hand refresher is better than 3 - 5 cards (depending how little cards I have with Bianksters). I'll toy around with them in there, as they would reduce a bit of the discarding.

Any suggestions on what to take out?

Try
-1 sableye/terrakion (I think 1 sableye may just be enough and 3 terrakion worked fine for me in my testing)
-1-2 energy retrieval (isn't too necessary)
- some energy (16 is a lot IMO. In my deck I only used 14, and it has worked fine)
-1 super rod (1 should be enough)
-1 enhanced hammer (crushing hammer works pretty well too if you want to add that)

+1 mewtwo (explained)
+a couple draw support
+some DCE (could help with mewtwo and zekrom's outrage). Maybe around 2 would work nicely)
+1 ultra ball (good for discarding energy so landorus can use abundant harvest T1)

Since I have no mewtwo ATM, I went like so
- 2 energy
-1 Sableye
-1 Enhanced Hammer
-1 super rod

+1 crushing hammer
+4 Cheren

Ill test with this and see how the normal draws go.

I think maybe 3 cheren may be enough. I'd use the other space for ultra ball since search cards are even more important now since dual ball and collector can't be used.

Another note to self (1 more ultra ball for a cheren) Thank you. I have tested only a tiny bit, but just the 3 draw feels a better than dropping everything 100% of the time.

Back