TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

LiveMax23 said:
Won a states with this... I highly recommend virizion.
With all the Yveltal decks I encountered at State and Regionals, those players played a lot of Lasers and Virizion EX would have definitely saved me a few times.

Current lineup:

4 Deoxys EX
3 Thundurus EX
3 Kyurem
1 Lugia EX
1 Genesect EX
1 Virizion EX (saved me against lasers multiple times)

Seems to do well. One Lugia does the trick as a finisher and Genesect is great for red signal (also good against Keldeo). Instead of G Booster, I run scramble switch, which is an amazing card in these kind of decks. I also still run 2 Shadow Triad since it can still act as a catcher if you have Genesect in play (it can also retrieve pokemon).

pokedan24 said:
Current lineup:

4 Deoxys EX
3 Thundurus EX
3 Kyurem
1 Lugia EX
1 Genesect EX

Seems to do well. One Lugia does the trick as a finisher and Genesect is great for red signal (also good against Keldeo). Instead of G Booster, I run scramble switch, which is an amazing card in these kind of decks. I also still run 2 Shadow Triad since it can still act as a catcher if you have Genesect in play (it can also retrieve pokemon).
You don't want genesect because you don't have bench space and lugia is not worth it.

After a few snipes from Kyurem, Lugia can easily get 3 prizes of an EX. Kyurem's still the main focus, but Lugia and Genesect provide the deck with a couple extra tricks.

LiveMax23 said:
pokedan24 said:
Current lineup:

4 Deoxys EX
3 Thundurus EX
3 Kyurem
1 Lugia EX
1 Genesect EX

You don't want genesect because you don't have bench space and lugia is not worth it.
Excluding the Virizion EX, I also run Kyurem, Lugia EX and Genesect EX in my PlasmaBox deck and it works very nicely - there's plenty of room for all these Poke. Both Genesect EX and Lugia EX have worked very well for me. I also run a Palkia EX for the Blastoise and RayBoar match-ups.

I decided to take out Virizion so I could have all plasma (and search all pokemon with plasma ball). What's the first deck I go against? Trevenant/Accelgor. And it's not even the poison lock that gets me. Trevenant comes out with Silver mirror leaving me with no way to attack it. My only out was Genesect/Red signal... which was prized.

Hello everyone. I am incredibly new and looking at building my first semi-competitive deck.

I noticed some comments in the last few pages about how the deck is in its decline. Is it a bad time to make this deck? It's cost and the fact that nearly all of the decks I saw at my first league night were Yveltal of some form or another has really drawn me to it (not because its matchup is good but because it is different).

I am currently looking at Pokemon lineup of:
3 Kyurem
4 Deoxys EX
1 Absol
1 Lugia EX
2 Thundurus EX

I feel like the deck is still going to be good. Your lineup is solid but I would add in a 3rd thundurus EX because yveltal is popular right now.

Water Pokémon Master said:
What does this deck do about the loss of Prism Energy? Replace it with basic Energy?
It still has Rainbow Energy. So yeah... You run Rainbow, Lighting, Water, and a few Plasma Energies. It is a bit less consistent without Prism but Professors Letter can help you get what kind of energy you want.

Back