TCG Stories of woe

Status
Not open for further replies.

juunkmilk

3nd coming
Share your stories of woe here
Here's an example:
One time a couple years ago I ordered brand new Regigigas PR sleeves for states, and kept them sealed until the day of states. Then two of the sleeves had misprints, so I had to run around the tournament trying to bum sleeves from people.

Another time, when we first started out, I was playing a game against Vulpix Yolk, and I was wrecking face with my Swalot AR, I had him down to his last Pokémon, a Geodude, and in order to have any chance of winning he would need to do 80 damage to me on that turn. So then he used Stone Barrage and flipped eight heads in a row.

I was surprised to see this thread didn't exist yet, which means it probably does. Sorry if it does.
✌☹✌

I'll summarize mine:
Wiff
Wiff
Wiff
Wiff
Donked
Donked
Donked
Donked
Donked
Dead Draw
Dead Draw
Dead Draw
Dead Draw
Dead Draw
Misplay
Misplay
1-3
My pokemon playing IS a woe story :p
Once I bought an Azelf LA from Ebay. It was a WC card. How. dumb.

Daelum said:
Isn't this the same as this thread here?

Kind of, but I think that's more things you've done, while this thread encompasses bum luck.
Though I do admit if I'd have seen that thread i might not have made this one.

My luck generally is terrible, but here's the worst story I have:

My fifth game at regionals, when I still had a chance to cut if I won. We set up, and he goes first (to make the story worse, I went first once the whole day out of seven games). He starts Cleffa, if I remember correctly. I start 30 HP tynamo, and I was tempted to bench the Mewtwo but since I only ran one, I was afraid to, despite the possible donk situation. He TOPDECKS Collector, and uses it for the ONLY Mewtwo in his deck. He proceeds to donk me.

So, why is this so bad? Just a regular donk, right? Well, turns out he was running this horrible deck that involved Zekrom, Kyurem, and Reshiram, including Lucario and a bunch of other random attackers. I would have destroyed him if I had been able to make a single move.

This past season
Battle Roads-whiff by one place
Cities-whiff by two places
States-Whiff by one place
Nationals- whiff by ONE place 65th FTL
This was pretty much my season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back