[T]he [A]nti [K]evin [G]arrett [T]eam - - {KG hates Garchomp =p}

Limitless

Limits, like fears, are just an illusion
- This has most definitely been my most successful team as of yet. I believe that every person should play to their strengths, and stray away from their weaknesses. That is exactly what I did here. This team is designed to "wear down" your opponent with bulky pokemon. After that, ScarfChomp is designed to sweep from there.

This team has gotten me to 1616 and 1639 on two different accounts as of right now, and still climbing. As I stated in the paragraph above, this team is designed to wear down the opponent for a ScarfChomp sweep. Iggybot helped me make the team thanks to Kevin Garrett for telling him to help me! Also, KG hates Garchomp, so this team was made for him. I don't want to abuse Yache Garchomp, so that's my excuse. I don't care that Garchomp is banned on PB, so don't say anything regarding that. Also, the sprites are from Pokesho.com, and I am using the format that many of the Smogon people are using.

28lfgk3.gif

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Description: I had never used Mesprit before this team, so using it was a massive surprise. It saves my butt so many times in late game situations when a Garchomp, Gyarados, or Salamence come into play. The basic idea of this little guy is to set up the Stealth Rock, and still survive the first turn. He then is to be used when I am facing something that could overwhelm my team. I send this guy out before Garchomp due to the fact that, I want Garchomp to be sweeping late.

EVs: Basically here I just threw in the basic EV spread of Mesprit. No need to reinvent the wheel if your using it for the same purpose. The Def Ev's are there for defending against many of the Garchomps I encounter, while the Sp Att ev's still allow me to pack a punch against them.

Team Work: Mesprit really ties all the loose ends of my team. It takes care of some of those pokemon that could eventually ruin the end result of a Garchomp sweep. Also, Since I am running Adamant on Garchomp, opposing JollyScarf Chomps tend to be a slight issue. So Mesprit is there to save the day on that ordeal. After that, I normally U-turn out expecting a switch.

2gt9c47.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Leech Seed

Description: Celebi is much like Mesprit in ordinance to its role on the team. It is there to tie up all the remaining loose ends. Due to the fact that there were many things of that caliber to stop my end resulting outcome, I decided that I should have this guy on my team. It is also 1 of the 2 members of my defensive core. It takes most Garchomps after Mesprit has done its job to weaken it with ice beam. Celebi is also my main defense against Metagross if it gets a agility in.

EVs: The Ev's once again are very standard. The high Hp and Def Ev's are fairly self explanatory.

Team Work: As I stated in the description, Celebi ties all the loose ends that Mesprit can't fulfill. It stops many choice users in their tracks also. Also, is a very potent staller if I may say so myself.

iy3mv5.gif

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang

Description: Life Orb Gyarados is really something that is extremely hard to stop. After Stealth Rock is in play, Starmie is OHKO'd by Earthquake. Not many things can stand up to this. Waterfall is for stab while Icefang takes care of the flyers.

EV's: The Attack Ev's allow for Gyarados to sweep plenty of things with its monstrous attack with Life Orb. Not to mention all the speed Ev's directed into it.

Team Work: This Gyarados is mainly used for late game when the opponent is pretty much worn down. Gyarados is the Pre-Show for Garchomp to come in and pretty much sweep. This thing softens up the opponent like you wouldn't believe.

9hi5bn.gif

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/100 SAtk/60 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Description: Sleeptalk Heatran is one of the best counters to Celebi. Not to mention the durability against many special sweepers. Flash Fire is also a added bonus. Lava Plume hits many Physical attackers with burn, which severely cuts their attack. This is also the second member of my defensive core alongside Celebi.

EVs: The Ev's allow for maximum durability while still packing a punch against other pokemon. This once again is a pretty standard Ev spread.

Team Work: As a member of the defensive core, its job is to defend. It like the rest of the members of my team, is to wear down the opponent. The combo of Celebi and Heatran, makes the opponent seem like the match will never end. This guy also takes all of the sleep inducing moves.

2h2h4kz.gif

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/244 Atk/12 Def
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Explosion

Description: Metagross completely fits my team to no end. Metagross's job is to take out Deoxys-E. With Gyarados and Garchomp being threatened by Deoxys-E, I saw no better chance then to bring Choice Band Metagross into the team. With either Ice beam or Thunderbolt, Metagross can take those hits and deliver a Pursuit to KO on the switch or 2 OHKO if it stays in I believe.

Evs: Once again extremely standard. The attack Ev's allow Metagross to do its job effectively, while the Hp Ev's allow it to take hits from Deoxys-E.

Team Work: I can't stress enough how much Metagross fits my team. It stops Deoxys from making sweeps, and also KO's Scarf Gengars who think they can stop Garchomp/Gyarados that easily.

2uxtqig.gif

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Description: Garchomp is the star of the show. He basically rips through teams late game with outrage/earthquake. This is one seriously underrated Garchomp. It is overshadowed by Yache and Sub/Salac Chomps.

Evs: Once again very standard. Attack and Speed Ev's are obvious, since that is the only thing it should be doing.

Team Work: Garchomp completes the team. It is the second best late game sweeper in the game behind Deoxys-E. I can't say enough about ScarfChomp.

wow. this is amazing. i need to make my teams more like yours.

my only preferences are taunt on gyara and bullet punch on CBgross for scarfgars. but the way you did it seems to fit your team just as well if not better. i can't get over how well you incorporate a defensive offense into the team. the best offense is a good defense, and the best defense is a good offense. despite those seemingly contradictory statements. you work them both in. i commend on this one. if anyone ever beats this team....

awesome sprites too :]

I love the team. And i do believe that it is a team that will do well in battles vs. KG. However...Half of your pokemon are legendary. I think in one of the youtube battles KG had one...so you may want to stay away from legendaries. But your team works well against KG and if i had to rate the team on productivity alone...easily a 9.3....great job!

Kingvike28 said:
I love the team. And I do believe that it is a team that will do well in battles vs. KG. However...Half of your pokemon are legendary. I think in one of the youtube battles KG had one...so you may want to stay away from legendaries. But your team works well against KG and if I had to rate the team on productivity alone...easily a 9.3....great job!

There is no rule in using too many legendaries. So no problem there. This team wasn't built to beat KG. <_< Just to attract you people to post. xD

Limitless said:
- This has most definitely been my most successful team as of yet. I believe that every person should play to their strengths, and stray away from their weaknesses. That is exactly what I did here. This team is designed to "wear down" your opponent with bulky pokemon. After that, ScarfChomp is designed to sweep from there.

This team has gotten me to 1602 as of right now, and still climbing. As I stated in the paragraph above, this team is designed to wear down the opponent for a ScarfChomp sweep. Iggybot helped me make the team thanks to Kevin Garrett for telling him to help me! Also, KG hates Garchomp, so this team was made for him. I don't want to abuse Yache Garchomp, so that's my excuse. I don't care that Garchomp is banned on PokeBeach, so don't say anything regarding that. Also, the sprites are from Pokesho.com, and I am using the format that many of the Smogon people are using.

It looks like an Iggy team as well. Can't remember what my rating is, 1590 or something like that, I'm to lazy to ladder it higher really. To be honest, I find that format a bit annoying but I won't hold it against you.

28lfgk3.gif

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Description: I had never used Mesprit before this team, so using it was a massive surprise. It saves my butt so many times in late game situations when a Garchomp, Gyarados, or Salamence come into play. The basic idea of this little guy is to set up the Stealth Rock, and still survive the first turn. He then is to be used when I am facing something that could overwhelm my team. I send this guy out before Garchomp due to the fact that, I want Garchomp to be sweeping late.

EVs: Basically here I just threw in the basic EV spread of Mesprit. No need to reinvent the wheel if your using it for the same purpose. The Def Ev's are there for defending against many of the Garchomps I encounter, while the Sp Att ev's still allow me to pack a punch against them.

Team Work: Mesprit really ties all the loose ends of my team. It takes care of some of those pokemon that could eventually ruin the end result of a Garchomp sweep. Also, Since I am running Adamant on Garchomp, opposing JollyScarf Chomps tend to be a slight issue. So Mesprit is there to save the day on that ordeal. After that, I normally U-turn out expecting a switch.

Looks fine, those Taunt Azelf leads are annoying though since they prevent you from getting SR down.

2gt9c47.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Leech Seed

Description: Celebi is much like Mesprit in ordinance to its role on the team. It is there to tie up all the remaining loose ends. Due to the fact that there were many things of that caliber to stop my end resulting outcome, I decided that I should have this guy on my team. It is also 1 of the 2 members of my defensive core. It takes most Garchomps after Mesprit has done its job to weaken it with ice beam. Celebi is also my main defense against Metagross if it gets a agility in.

EVs: The Ev's once again are very standard. The high Hp and Def Ev's are fairly self explanatory.

Team Work: As I stated in the description, Celebi ties all the loose ends that Mesprit can't fulfill. It stops many choice users in their tracks also. Also, is a very potent staller if I may say so myself.

Fine, not much to say here, just a question though, how does Celebi help you with Agiligross? It it gets an attack raise from meteor mash it's not in good shape.

iy3mv5.gif

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang

Description: Life Orb Gyarados is really something that is extremely hard to stop. After Stealth Rock is in play, Starmie is OHKO'd by Earthquake. Not many things can stand up to this. Waterfall is for stab while Icefang takes care of the flyers.

EV's: The Attack Ev's allow for Gyarados to sweep plenty of things with its monstrous attack with Life Orb. Not to mention all the speed Ev's directed into it.

Team Work: This Gyarados is mainly used for late game when the opponent is pretty much worn down. Gyarados is the Pre-Show for Garchomp to come in and pretty much sweep. This thing softens up the opponent like you wouldn't believe.

Stone Edge > Earthquake for opposing Gyarados imo. I guess EQ hits stuff like Metagross harder than Waterfall but otherwise Stone Edge has superior coverage imo. It allows you to take out Zapdos and crap like that which Ice Fang won't. You're still guaranteed the OHKO on Starmie anyway. Just for the record though, not ALL Starmie are OHKOd by Gyarados, the standard is however.

9hi5bn.gif

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Description: Sleeptalk Heatran is one of the best counters to Celebi. Not to mention the durability against many special sweepers. Flash Fire is also a added bonus. Lava Plume hits many Physical attackers with burn, which severely cuts their attack. This is also the second member of my defensive core alongside Celebi.

EVs: The Ev's allow for maximum durability while still packing a punch against other pokemon. This once again is a pretty standard Ev spread.

Team Work: As a member of the defensive core, its job is to defend. It like the rest of the members of my team, is to wear down the opponent. The combo of Celebi and Heatran, makes the opponent seem like the match will never end. This guy also takes all of the sleep inducing moves.

It's fine.

2h2h4kz.gif

Metagross @ Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Description: Metagross completely fits my team to no end. Metagross's job is to take out Deoxys-E. With Gyarados and Garchomp being threatened by Deoxys-E, I saw no better chance then to bring Choice Band Metagross into the team. With either Ice beam or Thunderbolt, Metagross can take those hits and deliver a Pursuit to KO on the switch or 2 OHKO if it stays in I believe.

Evs: Once again extremely standard. The attack Ev's allow Metagross to do its job effectively, while the Hp Ev's allow it to take hits from Deoxys-E.

Team Work: I can't stress enough how much Metagross fits my team. It stops Deoxys from making sweeps, and also KO's Scarf Gengars who think they can stop Garchomp/Gyarados that easily.

It's fine.

2uxtqig.gif

- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Description: Garchomp is the star of the show. He basically rips through teams late game with outrage/earthquake. This is one seriously underrated Garchomp. It is overshadowed by Yache and Sub/Salac Chomps.

Evs: Once again very standard. Attack and Speed Ev's are obvious, since that is the only thing it should be doing.

Team Work: Garchomp completes the team. It is the second best late game sweeper in the game behind Deoxys-E. I can't say enough about ScarfChomp.

ScarfChomp, was never really a fan of it tbh but it's fine.

Now I'll actually look at the team as a whole rather than individually.

Curselax could potentially be a problem. Metagross can handle it but with all the Magnezone's running around it could catch you on something like Pursuit or even Earthquake (if can Magnet Rise before you since you have no speed EVs) and bring out Snorlax who after 1 Curse kinda destroys the team. This team also really, really relies on Metagross to take out potential threats, your team is really hurt once Metagross goes down. With all the Magnezone's running around this seems to be a problem to me. Things like Gengar and Deoxys-S kinda rip through the team if Metagross goes down and for that reason I think you should try out Life Orb > Choice Band and try shifting 8 EVs to speed to outrun those Magnezone that are EVd to outrun 0 speed Metagross. Are 8 EVs really that much to sacrifice to potentially save your team? I see problems with bulky Sword Dance Heracross as it outruns everything except Garchomp and OHKO's everything after an SD. A lot of the bulky Cross are EVd to survive an Adamant Garchomp's Outrage (Fire Blast won't OHKO either) so I see you in for big problems with that thing. It's not that common (I battled you with this btw so I know it does this to your team) but really if it's shows up under the hands on an intelligent player you're done right there. You can deal with it if it's paralyzed though, maybe consider Thunderwave > Leech Seed on Celebi for Hera since Celebi will likely attract the Hera switch in. I see a Jolly LO Mamoswine weak as well. If it carries Ice Shard / Ice Fang / Earthquake / Stone Edge you are in for problems. Mesprit is easily worn down after repeated switch ins so it isn't reliable either. I'm not exactly sure how you beat Reflect Cresselia either (to be honest I can't think of how you would get around it). Porygon2 will be extremely annoying as well. It can Trace Gyarados Intimidate and 2HKO with T-Bolt, it can easily take Chomp and hit it with an Ice Beam, it traces Flash Fire, and it hits Celebi with Ice Beam, and it beats Mesprit since Mesprit doesn't have a recovery move. It's not something that'll sweep you're team but it will be quite annoying. I see a Sub-CM Raikou weakness once Metagross is down (if it's behind it's Substitute it's not afraid of Chomp). Everyone knows that anyone who uses Sub-CM Raikou has Dugtrio to take out Blissey, well, a weaken Metagross can also be easily taken out by Dugtrio leaving you easily swept once Raikou gets behind it's sub.

This is extremely general but well built stall teams shut you down ridiculously easily. You really don't have enough offensive power to push through a well built stall team and they don't care about your defensive fellows. Gyarados can sorta do it but it isn't really enough. Even if it's mini-stall with SkarmBlissCress or something you have trouble beating it. Even GlissBliss causes you problems. You could consider going with Taunt Heatran to help this out because I can't imagine how you get around it successfully.

There really isn't much to change here since Celetran+Gyara+Chomp is such a common combination that is proven to work.

It's good team, but it seems like it would struggle against anything non-standard really. It wears down offensive teams which are the most common right now but if you come across a Sunny Day Team or a Trick Room Team or a Stall Team you seem a bit unequipped to handle it.

It's a good team and it's well designed, an I wish you luck with it.

Salice said:
Limitless said:

This team has gotten me to 1602 as of right now, and still climbing. As I stated in the paragraph above, this team is designed to wear down the opponent for a ScarfChomp sweep. Iggybot helped me make the team thanks to Kevin Garrett for telling him to help me! Also, KG hates Garchomp, so this team was made for him. I don't want to abuse Yache Garchomp, so that's my excuse. I don't care that Garchomp is banned on PokeBeach, so don't say anything regarding that. Also, the sprites are from Pokesho.com, and I am using the format that many of the Smogon people are using.

It looks like an Iggy team as well. Can't remember what my rating is, 1590 or something like that, I'm to lazy to ladder it higher really. To be honest, I find that format a bit annoying but I won't hold it against you.

28lfgk3.gif

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Looks fine, those Taunt Azelf leads are annoying though since they prevent you from getting SR down.

2gt9c47.gif

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Leech Seed

Fine, not much to say here, just a question though, how does Celebi help you with Agiligross? It it gets an attack raise from meteor mash it's not in good shape.

iy3mv5.gif

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang

Stone Edge > Earthquake for opposing Gyarados imo. I guess EQ hits stuff like Metagross harder than Waterfall but otherwise Stone Edge has superior coverage imo. It allows you to take out Zapdos and crud like that which Ice Fang won't. You're still guaranteed the OHKO on Starmie anyway. Just for the record though, not ALL Starmie are OHKOd by Gyarados, the standard is however.

9hi5bn.gif

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

It's fine.

2h2h4kz.gif

Metagross @ Choice Band
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

It's fine.

2uxtqig.gif

- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

ScarfChomp, was never really a fan of it tbh but it's fine.

Now I'll actually look at the team as a whole rather than individually.

Curselax could potentially be a problem. Metagross can handle it but with all the Magnezone's running around it could catch you on something like Pursuit or even Earthquake (if can Magnet Rise before you since you have no speed EVs) and bring out Snorlax who after 1 Curse kinda destroys the team.

With the combo of Metagross and Celebi I pretty much don't have a problem with Snorlax. However, I haven't encountered that many of them.

This team also really, really relies on Metagross to take out potential threats, your team is really hurt once Metagross goes down. With all the Magnezone's running around this seems to be a problem to me. Things like Gengar and Deoxys-S kinda rip through the team if Metagross goes down and for that reason I think you should try out Life Orb > Choice Band and try shifting 8 EVs to speed to outrun those Magnezone that are EVd to outrun 0 speed Metagross. Are 8 EVs really that much to sacrifice to potentially save your team?

I'll give it a try.

I see problems with bulky Sword Dance Heracross as it outruns everything except Garchomp and OHKO's everything after an SD. A lot of the bulky Cross are EVd to survive an Adamant Garchomp's Outrage (Fire Blast won't OHKO either) so I see you in for big problems with that thing. It's not that common (I battled you with this btw so I know it does this to your team) but really if it's shows up under the hands on an intelligent player you're done right there. You can deal with it if it's paralyzed though, maybe consider Thunderwave > Leech Seed on Celebi for Hera since Celebi will likely attract the Hera switch in.

Yea you caught my weakness dead on. That is the only thing that I really have had trouble dealing with on a regular basis. That being said, in about a week of battling, I see roughly 5 teams with MoP Heracross..
I see a Jolly LO Mamoswine weak as well. If it carries Ice Shard / Ice Fang / Earthquake / Stone Edge you are in for problems. Mesprit is easily worn down after repeated switch ins so it isn't reliable either.

Celebi handles it well.

I'm not exactly sure how you beat Reflect Cresselia either (to be honest I can't think of how you would get around it).

This I just overpower, it can't really overpower some of my pokes. Even though mine can only dent it to a certain degree, I'm eventually open for a KO.

Porygon2 will be extremely annoying as well. It can Trace Gyarados Intimidate and 2HKO with T-Bolt, it can easily take Chomp and hit it with an Ice Beam, it traces Flash Fire, and it hits Celebi with Ice Beam, and it beats Mesprit since Mesprit doesn't have a recovery move. It's not something that'll sweep you're team but it will be quite annoying.

I've faced about 6 teams with this. Basically I just switch around. Playing the abilites where they fall.

I see a Sub-CM Raikou weakness once Metagross is down (if it's behind it's Substitute it's not afraid of Chomp). Everyone knows that anyone who uses Sub-CM Raikou has Dugtrio to take out Blissey, well, a weaken Metagross can also be easily taken out by Dugtrio leaving you easily swept once Raikou gets behind it's sub.

I've never been in a situation where I was stupid eneough to let that happen.

This is extremely general but well built stall teams shut you down ridiculously easily. You really don't have enough offensive power to push through a well built stall team and they don't care about your defensive fellows. Gyarados can sorta do it but it isn't really enough. Even if it's mini-stall with SkarmBlissCress or something you have trouble beating it. Even GlissBliss causes you problems. You could consider going with Taunt Heatran to help this out because I can't imagine how you get around it successfully.

Believe me when I say this, I have NO problem against stall teams. Maybe it's just the way I play the team I don't know, but I seriously have no problems with them. Kevin Garrett as most of you know has a great stall team, but I handled it very well even with hax on his side to come to a victory for me.

There really isn't much to change here since Celetran+Gyara+Chomp is such a common combination that is proven to work.

It's good team, but it seems like it would struggle against anything non-standard really. It wears down offensive teams which are the most common right now but if you come across a Sunny Day Team or a Trick Room Team or a Stall Team you seem a bit unequipped to handle it.

It's a good team and it's well designed, an I wish you luck with it.

On a side note, if I am ever up against a azelf leading, I uturn out to scarf chomp when they taunt. Then kill with dragon claw. 99 percent of the time they stay in.

Reading over my post I realize in some places I was a bit harsh and didn't emphasize enough (basically not at all until the end) that I thought it was a very good team and well put together and I emphasized some of the negatives a bit to much. I mean really, when your weaknesses are particularly sets of Pokemon that are relatively uncommon you know you have a well built team.

Anyway. I'll just make quick responses about the Dugtrio issue. It's not really a thing of stupidity when Dugtrio comes to revenge kill something, it's something you couldn't really avoid no matter how well you played that match, but none the less I understand your point.

The note about stall teams is that it could be the way you are playing it. It only matter in practice how something performs not in theory.

I'm not sure why anyone would stay in after you U-Turn out from Mesprit to Garchomp. I'd pretty much assume it was Scarfed but whatever.

Salice said:
Reading over my post I realize in some places I was a bit harsh and didn't emphasize enough (basically not at all until the end) that I thought it was a very good team and well put together and I emphasized some of the negatives a bit to much. I mean really, when your weaknesses are particularly sets of Pokemon that are relatively uncommon you know you have a well built team.

Anyway. I'll just make quick responses about the Dugtrio issue. It's not really a thing of stupidity when Dugtrio comes to revenge kill something, it's something you couldn't really avoid no matter how well you played that match, but none the less I understand your point.

The note about stall teams is that it could be the way you are playing it. It only matter in practice how something performs not in theory.

I'm not sure why anyone would stay in after you U-Turn out from Mesprit to Garchomp. I'd pretty much assume it was Scarfed but whatever.

Believe it or not, 99 percent of the time they stay in. Even people over 1600 ratings stay in. Basically they don't see Azelf as a huge asset to the team later in the game. The only thing they'd be able to do would be to set up Sr or explode on something.

Very nice team! Kinda like Team Inconsistent, with the Mesprit lead, and CeleTran combo to wall basically everything in the game. Since you have Ice Fang on Gyara, Hp Ice on Celebi, and Ice Beam on Mesprit, as well as Scarf Chomp, i think you have Chomp covered, which allows you to use Bullet Punch or Explosion on Metagross, allowing Metagross to pick off weakened pokes, or kill DP Offensive Suicune, which you have a huuuuuge weakness to, capable of 2HKOing Celebi after a CM with Ice Beam, OHKOing Garchomp, 2HKOing Metagross and Mesprit, and OHKOing Gyara and Tran. There are better CBGross EVs, just gimme a sec to find them. Gonna 5 star this thread while im at it

AugustRush said:
Very nice team! Kinda like Team Inconsistent, with the Mesprit lead, and CeleTran combo to wall basically everything in the game.

Yea it's a very nice defensive core.

Since you have Ice Fang on Gyara, Hp Ice on Celebi, and Ice Beam on Mesprit, as well as Scarf Chomp, I think you have Chomp covered, which allows you to use Bullet Punch or Explosion on Metagross, allowing Metagross to pick off weakened pokes, or kill DP Offensive Suicune, which you have a huuuuuge weakness to, capable of 2HKOing Celebi after a CM with Ice Beam, OHKOing Garchomp, 2HKOing Metagross and Mesprit, and OHKOing Gyara and Tran. There are better CBGross EVs, just gimme a sec to find them. Gonna 5 star this thread while im at it

Yea I might go with Bullet Punch there. I never really use Ice Punch now that you mention it. <_< Explosion is not a option since I need him for late game against Deoxys. Also, Suicune isn't as bad as a problem as it seems. Celebi has taken suicune quite well. Even if Celebi is taken out, Garchomp normally comes in afterward.

I actually like the new format kind of...it's more..simple.

Also, I once made an A.K.G.T. once. It consisted of six Dittos (his teams are usually incredibly Ditto-weak), all holding a Choice Item. KG won't admit it, but I slaughtered him with it :).

Aside from that, I love Mesprit. I used a ScarfMesprit as a lead on WiFi for a team of mine, and it proved pretty valuable late-game as a Chomp-killer. I think I ran 384 Spe or something, but I can't remember exactly.

Bam said:
I actually like the new format kind of...it's more..simple.

Also, I once made an A.K.G.T. once. It consisted of six Dittos (his teams are usually incredibly Ditto-weak), all holding a Choice Item. KG won't admit it, but I slaughtered him with it :).

Aside from that, I love Mesprit. I used a ScarfMesprit as a lead on WiFi for a team of mine, and it proved pretty valuable late-game as a Chomp-killer. I think I ran 384 Spe or something, but I can't remember exactly.

Yea I was definitely surprised at how much I ended up using Mesprit. At first it was just a filler, but I found it to work quite well.

Kevin Garrett rate my team NAO!

Bam said:
lolwut

Oh yeah, I got 6-0'd. He copied my Suicune, set up 6 CMs and crit haxed my Suicune, Celebi, and Zapdos. Bad day. :p

It looks pretty good, LL. You completely owned me. Not to undermind your skills, but you were making switches that people couldn't possibly make in a random match because you know my team. lol

With that said, it's a good team. I can't think of any one thing that can beat it. You know how games go, something that isn't always a weakness becomes a weapon. Like with Metagross and Gyarados, Weavile is looking pretty hot. You just have to keep those dudes around until you scope out your opponent's team.

Kevin Garrett said:
Bam said:
lolwut

Oh yeah, I got 6-0'd. He copied my Suicune, set up 6 CMs and crit haxed my Suicune, Celebi, and Zapdos. Bad day. :p

It looks pretty good, LL. You completely owned me. Not to undermind your skills, but you were making switches that people couldn't possibly make in a random match because you know my team. lol

With that said, it's a good team. I can't think of any one thing that can beat it. You know how games go, something that isn't always a weakness becomes a weapon. Like with Metagross and Gyarados, Weavile is looking pretty hot. You just have to keep those dudes around until you scope out your opponent's team.

Sounds good to me. The only one thing that my team CANNOT handle is MoP heracross. However, how many of those do you see a day.

COME SEE WHAT EL EL BEAT HIS OPPONENT WITH EVERYONE!! OH HEY IT LE ANTI KAY GEE TEAM!! :p

Edit: And this seriously counters my team in just about every way. Ironically, the core of his team is similar to mine, but we have two different end goals.

Back