• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX (Post Rotation)

Nobodyshero2727

Pleaing to Greatness
Definitely need more team rockets handiwork, that is a staple card in sylveon and is needed to deck your opponent out, if you can't do that, then you will be in for a very long game

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
I belive handiwork is a 2 of in the deck abd if more woukd benefit then puzzle of time again. I feel more than 2 can be too clunky.

Nobodyshero2727

Pleaing to Greatness
I usually play 3 to 4, for sylveon the quicker you mill someone the better in my mind, but I also play 4 crushing and two enhanced

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Yeaa i heat ya. My buold i cant find the room for 1 to 2 more but if you do then that is good. I feel 2 is sufficent in mine to where if i need more i will puzzle of time it.

KabuTopgun

Revived Ninja.
I usually play 3 to 4, for sylveon the quicker you mill someone the better in my mind, but I also play 4 crushing and two enhanced
Well Delinquent is a lot stronger, so as long as your leaving space for 4 of her(and Stadiums) as well some Flare Grunt then you can run extra Handiwork if you like. Otherwise I'm not sure why you wold choose something unreliable in a deck that is otherwise pure consistency...

Nobodyshero2727

Pleaing to Greatness
Well Delinquent is a lot stronger, so as long as your leaving space for 4 of her(and Stadiums) as well some Flare Grunt then you can run extra Handiwork if you like. Otherwise I'm not sure why you wold choose something unreliable in a deck that is otherwise pure consistency...
That's a fair point, but I have learned that I would rather play handiwork because milling is the name of the game and the faster you mill the better, delinquent is a great card in this deck too but I find that now 2 is good enough and handiwork is good when you have 3-4, so on average you are milling 6-8 cards in a match, so that's 6-8 turns less if they just play a card at a time. That's how I feel about it and that's playing sylveon over a 150 times and with different strategies.

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
I got 3rd in a league challenge this weekend.went 3-1 in Swiss.
Rd 1 Vs Gardevor 0-1
- Player had space beacon starmie and I was not able to get rid of it quickly and made game difficult.

Rd 2 Vs Waterbox 1-1
Player played odd list and ended up decking him.

Red 3 Vs Garb/espeon 2-1
player had great list and deck was max rarity. Was long game that I ended up winning again by deck out.

Red 4 Vs Drampa/salazzle/po town. 3-1
Was a unique deck that was geared toward using salazzle and po town to deal damage and hit with Drampa GX. I won be I rid him of his energy and he conceded after seeing his deck and had no energy left.

After Swiss I placed 3rd. Gard is bad matchup and have solid matchup vs espeon garb as chaos tower prevents them from confusing my sylveon and to continue to magical ribbon. Thought the deck did good me will have to continue to tweak to have better shot vs Gard. Metagross will basically be an auto loss.

TheCraftyScot

Aspiring Trainer
I'd make the parallel city play over my lanikila, I use sylveon in my gardy, and the gx attack with parallel city can be game winning against evolution decks.

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Yea oarallel city and chaos tower are the 2 i play..chaos tower has won me ganes bc when they need to reply on status constuion to orevent me from magical ribbon and negate it..its tough for them to rebound

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely need more team rockets handiwork, that is a staple card in sylveon and is needed to deck your opponent out, if you can't do that, then you will be in for a very long game
That's quite a valid point. However, I've run many TRH (4 at one point) and it kinda hurt my chances for helping my side other than decking them out. Sure, it's a staple in the deck, but I need the chance to get a Plumeria or a Team Flare Grunt from top deck, not a card that only affects the deck and not the board state. I'll test running 2 or 3, and I'll see what happens.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
Yea oarallel city and chaos tower are the 2 i play..chaos tower has won me ganes bc when they need to reply on status constuion to orevent me from magical ribbon and negate it..its tough for them to rebound
Quite a valid point, I'll probably substitute 4 Mount Lanakila to 4 Parallel City. I understand the great potential of Chaos Tower, but I want consistency. Thanks for the idea!

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
I got 3rd in a league challenge this weekend.went 3-1 in Swiss.
Rd 1 Vs Gardevor 0-1
- Player had space beacon starmie and I was not able to get rid of it quickly and made game difficult.

Rd 2 Vs Waterbox 1-1
Player played odd list and ended up decking him.

Red 3 Vs Garb/espeon 2-1
player had great list and deck was max rarity. Was long game that I ended up winning again by deck out.

Red 4 Vs Drampa/salazzle/po town. 3-1
Was a unique deck that was geared toward using salazzle and po town to deal damage and hit with Drampa GX. I won be I rid him of his energy and he conceded after seeing his deck and had no energy left.

After Swiss I placed 3rd. Gard is bad matchup and have solid matchup vs espeon garb as chaos tower prevents them from confusing my sylveon and to continue to magical ribbon. Thought the deck did good me will have to continue to tweak to have better shot vs Gard. Metagross will basically be an auto loss.
Ahh, I love these posts. Space Beacon Starmie is incredibly difficult to deal with in my experience, so I understand your problems there. Waterbox is an odd deck, indeed, so I definitely think it is an easy win. Garb/Espeon is kinda a difficult match up in my opinion as the confusion is pretty scary, so that's where, yes, Chaos Tower comes in and defies all rules. Good job on the deck out, by the way. That final deck is one that has popped up so many times at my league, and as to my knowledge, I am one of the few decks to actually beat them at least once, so cheerio to that. Great job and keep me posted on any updates to leagues.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
i wonder, how would this deck deal with a volcanion one, i'm looking at it and i can't think of a way. or is that matchup simply an insta-loss?

Nobodyshero2727

Pleaing to Greatness
Volcanion is a very rough matchup for sylveon, unless you can take out the baby volcs and get something stuck, but very unlikely to happen

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
With the new lusamine, you can get a parallel city AND a delinquent! Lusamine should at least be a 3-of in this deck.
It's quite a great card, but I'm focusing on Standard right now. As Crimson is released, I will make a new post with cards from that. Until then, this deck is for Current Packs only.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
That's a fair point, but I have learned that I would rather play handiwork because milling is the name of the game and the faster you mill the better, delinquent is a great card in this deck too but I find that now 2 is good enough and handiwork is good when you have 3-4, so on average you are milling 6-8 cards in a match, so that's 6-8 turns less if they just play a card at a time. That's how I feel about it and that's playing sylveon over a 150 times and with different strategies.
That's a great thing, but Sylveon isn't about JUST milling. You need to clear the board on their side of energies and keep their hand low or to nothing before you can start to safely mill.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
i wonder, how would this deck deal with a volcanion one, i'm looking at it and i can't think of a way. or is that matchup simply an insta-loss?
I run Volcanion also, and it's a 50-50 situation. Here's what I normally run into:

VOLCANION WINS: This deck must get an average or above average start and get a lot of energies on the board. When you are only attaching 1 or 2 energies per turn, Sylveon will completely run over you. So, by Steam Up and Power Heater, getting those energy on the board in a huge array is the way to win. Sylveon can only discard 1 or 2 energies per turn, so you'll likely smash her.

SYLVEON WINS: This is a simple win, and that's by decking out. Volcanion plays so many Pokemon on the board that it's near impossible to knock out all their Pokemon in play. Every Pokemon in either two of the Volcanion decks have HUGE HP. 110 is quite small, so knocking out before you get knocked out is a way to win, but EXTREMELY RISKY. My advice is to disrupt their hand or energies (Delinquent or Team Flare Grunt/Plumeria/Team Skull Grunt) and force them to keep drawing. Volcanion decks usually play out their whole hand before using Sycamore or N, so trying to run them out is your best option.