• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sylveon GX (Post Rotation)

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
So here is an idea I had for Sylveon GX in the meta. A lot of my friends have stopped playing her because she kinda got nerfed with VS Seeker rotating out, but I, on the other hand, think it got buffed. Here is how:

Pokemon (7)

4 Eevee

3 Sylveon GX

Items (14)

4 Max Potions

4 Puzzle of Time

4 Red Card

3 Bodybuilding Dumbells

2 Enhanced Hammer

1 Energy Recycler

Supporters (17)

3 Team Flare Grunt

3 Plumeria

3 Delinquent

2 Guzma

2 Acerola

2 N

2 Team Skull Grunt

1 Team Rocket’s Handiwork

Stadiums (4)

4 Mount Lanakila

Energy (14)

12 Fairy

2 DCE

Here is a basic rundown of each card.

4-3 line of Sylveon GX: This is pretty obvious, as having a 4th Sylveon GX is a dead draw because if they knock out 3, they win either way.

4 Max Potion: One of the key strategies with Sylveon is prize denial. Max Potion has your back on that, since Magical Ribbon is her stronghold.

4 Puzzle of Time: Pretty obvious, just a way to get stuff out of the discard.

4 Red Card: Disruption is the main strategy, and Red Card gives you a big piece of that. Paired with a Delinquent, amazing.

3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells: A new card that has helped me online, basically a Fighting Fury Belt without the +10 damage, but for Stage 1 Pokemon. Your opponent already had trouble with 200 HP, guess what? 240 HP, boi.

2 Enhanced Hammer: As DCE have slowly crawled back into Standard (Drampa/Garbodor, Golisopod), we need to remove it.

1 Energy Recycler: With all these Max Potions, you want to get back those energies. Here is how.

3 Team Flare Grunt: Pretty obvious why this is in here.

3 Plumeria: Many people hate this card, and it is pretty easy to see why. Normally, you have a hand of 4-5 cards. However, this is Sylveon GX. Abuse that big hand, baby, and make no energy safe.

3 Delinquent: Pretty obvious as well.

2 Guzma: The only reason why there is two is because YOU do not need to switch, since the only Pokemon you will have in play is Sylveon.

2 Acerola: If you want to heal a Sylveon GX but do not want to run out of energy, Acerola is your waifu.

2 N: Again, disruption.

2 Team Skull Grunt: Are they holding onto that energy or two? Not anymore!

1 Team Rocket Handiwork: Just a 1-of card in case you do not need to play an actual supporter.

4 Mount Lanakila: Not a huge selection of good stadiums right now.

That is all you need to know! I would love feedback.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Torrent Spray would be nice to add for that Red Card, Delinquent combo. They could still hold on to a Supporter card to help draw. Not with Torrent Spray!!!!

Also Parallel City is another option for a Stadium. A good combo: Parallel City, down them to 3, Delinquent, Torrent Spray and then Plea GX with Sylveon GX. Also Alolan Muk is a Viable Option to keep those Basic Pokémon at bay and doesn't hurt to have Giratina promo to help against Greninja.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
Torrent Spray would be nice to add for that Red Card, Delinquent combo. They could still hold on to a Supporter card to help draw. Not with Torrent Spray!!!!

Also Parallel City is another option for a Stadium. A good combo: Parallel City, down them to 3, Delinquent, Torrent Spray and then Plea GX with Sylveon GX. Also Alolan Muk is a Viable Option to keep those Basic Pokémon at bay and doesn't hurt to have Giratina promo to help against Greninja.
The Parallel City is quite good, I will admit. I might substitute it. Tormenting Spray is kinda "chancing" cause, unless you play Team Skull Grunt, you're guessing out of 4 cards. I will take substitute it for next time I go to Pokemon night, and I'll see how it goes. Alolan Muk was an option I considered, but not that many Basics, other than Tapu Lele GX, have game-changing abilities. I have not seen Greninja for ages, he is mostly out of the Standard at my meet up. Plus, that's something I don't want to start with.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
The Parallel City is quite good, I will admit. I might substitute it. Tormenting Spray is kinda "chancing" cause, unless you play Team Skull Grunt, you're guessing out of 4 cards. I will take substitute it for next time I go to Pokemon night, and I'll see how it goes. Alolan Muk was an option I considered, but not that many Basics, other than Tapu Lele GX, have game-changing abilities. I have not seen Greninja for ages, he is mostly out of the Standard at my meet up. Plus, that's something I don't want to start with.
Tormenting spray is to be used AFTER Delinquent so....Red Card him to 4. Delinquent him to 1 and then use Tormenting Spray to see what he has in his hand. Might come in handy.

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
So here is an idea I had for Sylveon GX in the meta. A lot of my friends have stopped playing her because she kinda got nerfed with VS Seeker rotating out, but I, on the other hand, think it got buffed. Here is how:

Pokemon (7)

4 Eevee

3 Sylveon GX

Items (14)

4 Max Potions

4 Puzzle of Time

4 Red Card

3 Bodybuilding Dumbells

2 Enhanced Hammer

1 Energy Recycler

Supporters (17)

3 Team Flare Grunt

3 Plumeria

3 Delinquent

2 Guzma

2 Acerola

2 N

2 Team Skull Grunt

1 Team Rocket’s Handiwork

Stadiums (4)

4 Mount Lanakila

Energy (14)

12 Fairy

2 DCE

Here is a basic rundown of each card.

4-3 line of Sylveon GX: This is pretty obvious, as having a 4th Sylveon GX is a dead draw because if they knock out 3, they win either way.

4 Max Potion: One of the key strategies with Sylveon is prize denial. Max Potion has your back on that, since Magical Ribbon is her stronghold.

4 Red Card: Disruption is the main strategy, and Red Card gives you a big piece of that. Paired with a Delinquent, amazing.

3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells: A new card that has helped me online, basically a Fighting Fury Belt without the +10 damage, but for Stage 1 Pokemon. Your opponent already had trouble with 200 HP, guess what? 240 HP, boi.

2 Enhanced Hammer: As DCE have slowly crawled back into Standard (Drampa/Garbodor, Golisopod), we need to remove it.

1 Energy Recycler: With all these Max Potions, you want to get back those energies. Here is how.

3 Plumeria: Many people hate this card, and it is pretty easy to see why. Normally, you have a hand of 4-5 cards. However, this is Sylveon GX. Abuse that big hand, baby, and make no energy safe.

2 Guzma: The only reason why there is two is because YOU do not need to switch, since the only Pokemon you will have in play is Sylveon.

2 Acerola: If you want to heal a Sylveon GX but do not want to run out of energy, Acerola is your waifu.

1 Team Rocket Handiwork: Just a 1-of card in case you do not need to play an actual supporter.

Just wondering a couple things, why no Judge or Crushing Hammer? Also, I have found that Paralled City and Chaos Tower help out.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I'm running a Sylveon GX deck right now and I find Gumshoos GX very useful in a line of 2-2. You can see your opponent's hand to decide if you play Team Skull Grunt or not for example. You can also anticipate your opponent's next move and search for the right cards with Magical Ribbon.

Another thing I noticed is you run a lot of energies. 7 fairy and 2 DCEs has been enough for me, even with the 4 Max Potions. I you need to recycle them, Puzzle Of Time can do it.

Acerola is an interesting idea, I will test it ;).

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Ideal energy count I have found from play testing is 11 fairy and 2 DCE. It is imperative you draw a fairy energy turn 1. I'd rather run Brock's grit than energy recycler be it allows you to put back a Sylvester or eevee in see some were prized. The stadiums I feel are most useful are parallel city and chaos tower. 2-2 split is good.i feel 3 delinquent,3 red card and 2 tormenting spray along with 4 stadium is the optimal line for the 4 card combo. I am not personally fond of N as the goal is to leav them with no cards in hand and N ensures that is not the case in addition to not being able to N and the. Delqunuent in the same turn. I like 4 flare grunt, 2/1 of plumeria and enhanced hammer. Which ever way u want to run 2/1 is fine. I run 4 crushing hammer. I run max potion but not Acerola as again it prevents playing a hand or energy disruption supporter, which is huge. As everyone plays field blowers I don't see much benefit from bodybuilding Dumbbells especially since Metagross sill how us. I'd rather play field blowers to rid float stones in hope to strands a Pokemon once they use up Guzmas. Lastly I prefer 2 handiwork and 1 skull grunt but def just preference.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
Ideal energy count I have found from play testing is 11 fairy and 2 DCE. It is imperative you draw a fairy energy turn 1. I'd rather run Brock's grit than energy recycler be it allows you to put back a Sylvester or eevee in see some were prized. The stadiums I feel are most useful are parallel city and chaos tower. 2-2 split is good.i feel 3 delinquent,3 red card and 2 tormenting spray along with 4 stadium is the optimal line for the 4 card combo. I am not personally fond of N as the goal is to leav them with no cards in hand and N ensures that is not the case in addition to not being able to N and the. Delqunuent in the same turn. I like 4 flare grunt, 2/1 of plumeria and enhanced hammer. Which ever way u want to run 2/1 is fine. I run 4 crushing hammer. I run max potion but not Acerola as again it prevents playing a hand or energy disruption supporter, which is huge. As everyone plays field blowers I don't see much benefit from bodybuilding Dumbbells especially since Metagross sill how us. I'd rather play field blowers to rid float stones in hope to strands a Pokemon once they use up Guzmas. Lastly I prefer 2 handiwork and 1 skull grunt but def just preference.
Yeah, I forgot to type in some Energy. Brock's Grit was something I considered, and I do have a Full Art, so I'll test it out. I agree on Parallel City, and, although I don't think its the strongest, Chaos Tower is kinda good, but not disruptive. Tormenting Spray is a card I question all the time whether it would be good or not, so I'll test it. I keep N just in case they use something like Algorithm GX or have a huge hand, but I'll lower it to one copy if I need to. Plumeria, I feel, is an exceptional card that I must have 4 of. It used to be where, unless you got heads, energies are kept on them. Now, it is a 100% chance that I will discard their energy. Crushing Hammer is something I might run, like a 2 count of, mostly because its a 50-50 chance, and I made this deck with Trashalanche in mind. Acerola is a way to not play an item and heal at the same time. Bodybuilding Dumbbells have saved me from a knockout countless times online and in real life. If I can't keep up with them, that 40+ HP helped me out a lot. Field Blower is a card I will add now that I think about it more. I think I'll keep my 2 Skull Grunt mostly because of a Red Card/Skull Grunt combo that I use a lot. Team Rocket's Handiwork is something I feel is a card I should only play if they have no hand, no energies, and no way to turn the tables.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
Tormenting spray is to be used AFTER Delinquent so....Red Card him to 4. Delinquent him to 1 and then use Tormenting Spray to see what he has in his hand. Might come in handy.
That's a good play, I will admit. I will put in 2 into my deck and see how it goes.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
I'm running a Sylveon GX deck right now and I find Gumshoos GX very useful in a line of 2-2. You can see your opponent's hand to decide if you play Team Skull Grunt or not for example. You can also anticipate your opponent's next move and search for the right cards with Magical Ribbon.

Another thing I noticed is you run a lot of energies. 7 fairy and 2 DCEs has been enough for me, even with the 4 Max Potions. I you need to recycle them, Puzzle Of Time can do it.

Acerola is an interesting idea, I will test it ;).
Gumshoos GX is great and all, but I absolutely need to start with an Eevee turn 1. It's great that you can look at your opponents hand, but Gumshoos is a two retreat cost and, unless you play Float Stone, which is pretty much useless when you don't have Gumshoos on the bench, he's stuck there.

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
Gumshoos GX is great and all, but I absolutely need to start with an Eevee turn 1. It's great that you can look at your opponents hand, but Gumshoos is a two retreat cost and, unless you play Float Stone, which is pretty much useless when you don't have Gumshoos on the bench, he's stuck there.
Also, you absolutely NEED to start a Sylveon GX turn 1. Ten energies is the minimal amount, I'll admit that. If you think 7 or 8 is good enough, you might need to run Oricorio with the Professor's Letter ability.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I forgot to mention... When I said 7 energies was fine for me, it is because I run Oricorio too, in addition to 4 Pokemon Fan Club. But to be honest, I barely use it.
I also run 2 copies of Float Stone, so Gumshoos GX is not in danger of being stuck in the front.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
I am sure you can try Fairy Garden, attach Fairy energy and free retreat!!

LucHawk

Aspiring Trainer
I forgot to mention... When I said 7 energies was fine for me, it is because I run Oricorio too, in addition to 4 Pokemon Fan Club. But to be honest, I barely use it.
I also run 2 copies of Float Stone, so Gumshoos GX is not in danger of being stuck in the front.
Ah, ok. Why 4 Pokemon Fan Clubs?

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I forgot to type in some Energy. Brock's Grit was something I considered, and I do have a Full Art, so I'll test it out. I agree on Parallel City, and, although I don't think its the strongest, Chaos Tower is kinda good, but not disruptive. Tormenting Spray is a card I question all the time whether it would be good or not, so I'll test it. I keep N just in case they use something like Algorithm GX or have a huge hand, but I'll lower it to one copy if I need to. Plumeria, I feel, is an exceptional card that I must have 4 of. It used to be where, unless you got heads, energies are kept on them. Now, it is a 100% chance that I will discard their energy. Crushing Hammer is something I might run, like a 2 count of, mostly because its a 50-50 chance, and I made this deck with Trashalanche in mind. Acerola is a way to not play an item and heal at the same time. Bodybuilding Dumbbells have saved me from a knockout countless times online and in real life. If I can't keep up with them, that 40+ HP helped me out a lot. Field Blower is a card I will add now that I think about it more. I think I'll keep my 2 Skull Grunt mostly because of a Red Card/Skull Grunt combo that I use a lot. Team Rocket's Handiwork is something I feel is a card I should only play if they have no hand, no energies, and no way to turn the tables.

I have used Parallel City to ruin decks like Passimian, Gardevoir-GX, Raichu. Its if they have a full bench to know out a couple they may be trying to set up and then Delinquent. Chaos Tower blocks Espeon-GX's first attack and that stupid Spinda. It has come in hand several times.

KabuTopgun

Revived Ninja.
So here is an idea I had for Sylveon GX in the meta:

First of all, running 3 Sylveon GX in a Quad Sylveon Deck is far from 'obvious'. Practically speaking, there is a chance of 1-2 Sylveon GX being prized; running 4 is a matter of stability; not overkill. Of course knocking 3 out will give your opponent victory, but just because your deck includes 3 Sylveon doesn't mean you'll have 3 to actually play with. If you do stick to 3 copies maybe just include Town Map or try the new Gladion Supporter.

Hmm, not sure you need 4 Red Card. It's a good combo piece but 2-3 should be fine. Not sure about max Max Potion(lol), either, but I feel like it's much better in some match-ups than others though, so that's more of a meta call.

I would agree that Team Flare Grunt is obvious, but even if you like Plumeria there's no reason to run less than 4 Team Flare Grunt which is a blatantly superior card...
If you still like having 2 Plumeria at that point it's your call.
Don't disregard Crushing Hammer, though; the coin toss is obviously not ideal but it's an Item after all; which allows you to focus on the most impacting Supporters.
Statistically speaking, playing Crushing Hammer twice(two cards, no Supporter played) will achieve as much on average as Plumeria(3 cards, Supporter used for the turn); so Plumeria is only better in terms of deck space and if the cost is being paid with cards you don't care enough about. Really depends on that last part; having expendable cards...

Personally, I think Delinquent is so good that it is also worth being a 4-of, but you do need enough Stadium's for consistency, of course. You've got 4, though, so it's fine.

I like Parallel City, personally, but Lanakila fits nicely as well. I think it's been discussed a bit already; I think just run both and then discard the least relevant one with Delinquent, lol. Can always balance the ratio to your meta without omitting one or the other, also.

In regards to this deck being 'post rotation' there is a new Supporter, Lusamine, that recycles 2 Stadiums/Supporters. I would recommend trying 2 copies as it creates the possibility of looping indefinitely or resets Delinquent. 3-4 is probably too heavy though; it's still not as good as VS Seeker was.
Also wonder if Dash Pouch would go well with Max Potion; Dumbbells may increase the ceiling but Pouch has a duel purpose and you keep your energy without needing Acerola... I always try to build under the maxim 'don't use a Supporter for something other trainers can do just as well'. ;)

Last edited: