• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Swampert / Milotic

Windfish

Aspiring Trainer
EDIT: Updated OP! Please criticize!

Pokemon:

• 4 Swampert (Primal Clash 36)
    2 Marshstomp
    4 Mudkip
    3 Milotic (FLF)
    1 Milotic (PCL)
    3 Feebas
    ???
Trainer/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Rough Seas
    4 Dive Ball
    4 Rare Candies
    3 Battle Compressor
    2 Switch
    2 Super Scoop Up
    2 Muscle Band
    4 Prof. Sycamore
    2 Lysandre
    1 Life Dew
Energy

• 12 Water Energy
Strategy:

Hi, I am returning to the TCG after many years, and I need help forming a deck around Swampert (Primal Clash 36/120) and Milotic (Flashfire 23/106). The idea is to use Milotic's Energy Grace and Swampert's ancient trait to power-up his Hydro Pump.

There are restrictions, though: I can only use cards from XY (though, if necessary, I can order trainer cards from previous blocks), and I would like to avoid using EX cards.

Other than Battle Compressor, I am having difficulty coming up with other Pokemon and Trainer cards to put in this deck - I am new to this! Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Swampert/Milotic deck help

Do you have any idea at all of what your deck looks like? Because if you could plz post a deck list of your idea then it would be really helpful.

P.S. The very first sticky deck list (posted by Kecleon X) gives you the format for and rules and all that stuff for posting your deck list.

appleatingoat said:
Do you have any idea at all of what your deck looks like? Because if you could plz post a deck list of your idea then it would be really helpful.

P.S. The very first sticky deck list (posted by Kecleon X) gives you the format for and rules and all that stuff for posting your deck list.

I only have a very vague idea of what my deck should look like :)

Pokemon
2 Swampert (Primal Clash 36)
3 Marshstomp
4 Mudkip
3 Milotic (Flashfire 23)
3 Feebas
???

Trainer Cards
4 Battle Compressor
4 Dive Ball
???

Energy
15 Water
4 DCE

Ah ok thx. I would go with a 4/1/4 line of mudkip marshtomp and swampert along with 4 rare candies and instead of milotic I would use Manaphy because it's just not good to give your opponent free prize cards. Slurpuff is also a good combination with swampert.

For draw support I would use 3 N, 4 professor sycamore, and 2 Colress along with 3-4 VS seekers and maybe an Archie's ace in the hole. I would also take out all those DCE and 2 or 3 of those water energies.

Oh, I was under the impression that your opponent could only draw a prize card when *they* knocked out a Pokemon. No?

No if one of your pokemon is knocked out for any reason then your opponent takes a prize card.

I see. I still would like to try Milotic, though I definitely cannot use Energy Grace as often as I had originally planned. What are some good Pokemon partners (given the above restrictions)?

If you want to only use cards from XY onwards then I'd say Lapras XY is probably a decent partner for energy acceleration. It has the Seafaring attack just like Manaphy PLS and, although it doesn't have the cool ability, it does have a lot more HP. Manaphy PLC might also be an option since it has pretty good setup attacks that only need 1 energy to function.

In stage 2 water decks I like to try and centre around Archie's Ace in the Hole and use primarily roller skates, ultra ball, battle compressor and even maintenance to thin my hand down to 1 and put the stage 2 directly onto the bench. Not everyone agrees though so it's up to you if you think the traditional rare candy engine is the better call or not.

Thank you for the suggestions! Wouldn't Lapras, though, be redundant when Milotic already provides energy acceleration, albeit at a cost?

Excellent idea about Archie's Ace in the Hole. I will have to give it some thought.

Sorry I thought you were looking for a replacement for Milotic since you didn't want to give up free prizes.

You could maybe do a split between them so you have the option to get energy from Seafaring without losing prizes but can use energy grace in an emergency if you need it on the field quickly. I'd lean towards Lapras though since it isn't knocking itself out and you don't risk starting with Feebas.

Its kinda funny, this deck has additional synergy past what I think you originally planned for. Milotic + Swampert is a deck with good potential imo because swampert's ability can search for life dew, which can be recycled and re-found repeatedly with lysandre's trump card. That means you can use energy grace multiple times in a match (hell, potentially even twice a turn if youre lucky) without having to lose any prizes, and energy grace is undeniably very powerful energy acceleration. I would definitely try and revolve the deck around this strategy if you want to use milo + swampert! I wrote a deck listing for this but I think I lost it.. but I think I explained the underlying strategy I was aiming for if you wanted to try something like that ^^

Pipotchi said:
Its kinda funny, this deck has additional synergy past what I think you originally planned for. Milotic + Swampert is a deck with good potential imo because swampert's ability can search for life dew, which can be recycled and re-found repeatedly with lysandre's trump card. That means you can use energy grace multiple times in a match without having to lose any prizes, and energy grace is undeniably very powerful energy acceleration. I would definitely try and revolve the deck around this strategy if you want to use milo + swampert! I wrote a deck listing for this but I think I lost it.. but I think I explained the underlying strategy I was aiming for if you wanted to try something like that ^^

Wow, thank you for the suggestions! Do you remember what other Pokemon you included the deck? I am trying very much to stick within the confines of XY, but I am willing to order Life Dew.

Pipotchi said:
Its kinda funny, this deck has additional synergy past what I think you originally planned for. Milotic + Swampert is a deck with good potential imo because swampert's ability can search for life dew, which can be recycled and re-found repeatedly with lysandre's trump card. That means you can use energy grace multiple times in a match (hell, potentially even twice a turn if youre lucky) without having to lose any prizes, and energy grace is undeniably very powerful energy acceleration. I would definitely try and revolve the deck around this strategy if you want to use milo + swampert! I wrote a deck listing for this but I think I lost it.. but I think I explained the underlying strategy I was aiming for if you wanted to try something like that ^^

Actually if you use Milotic PCL 44 along with Milotic FLF 23 then you can get life dew directly from your discard pile and reattach it to the next benched Milotic FLF 23 for continuous energy acceleration from your discard. And you can circulate Milotic PCL 44 using scoop up and AZ with no need for Lysandre's trump card at all (this way you don't have to use battle compressor every turn you trump card.) Leaving Swamperts ability open for doing other things.

So I am looking into supporter Pokemon for this deck, and there is not a whole lot on offer in XY. I am thinking there are enough Stage 1 and 2s with Marshstomp, Milotic, and Swampert, so I am looking into viable basic Pokemon. There is Qwilfish from Flashfire and Bouffalant from Primal Clash... and that's about it. Venturing with other Pokemon would necessitate the introduction of other types of Energy, which would strain the deck. Any ideas on Pokemon support from XY?

Miltank / Swampert / Slurpuff is a pretty fun deck to play, and all of the Pokemon are XY-On I believe. It's pretty clunky, but if you manage to get set up good, you pretty much just win. Getting set up is a big "if" though.

appleatingoat said:
Only Greninja and Lapras. If your looking only at XY.

Hmm, Greninja is a Stage 2 and Lapras is somewhat redundant with no offensive capability of its own. At least Qwilfish dealt damage and Bouffalant covered the Grass weakness. Hmm... Miltank? Maybe Kyogre (Primal Clash 53)?

Pipotchi said:

Wow this is a really great idea!

Windfish said:
appleatingoat said:
Only Greninja and Lapras. If your looking only at XY.

Hmm, Greninja is a Stage 2 and Lapras is somewhat redundant with no offensive capability of its own. At least Qwilfish dealt damage and Bouffalant covered the Grass weakness. Hmm... Miltank? Maybe Kyogre (Primal Clash 53)?

Wait a minute, back up man. I need to know what these restrictions on cards are... first your saying only XY, but now primal clash is OK? Huh?

Back