Finished Super Fight - Congratulations QuakingPunch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, that's everyone!

So now that everyone's posted, I'll start the next phase now but I'll make it 25 hours since we are one hour early and I don't think I'll get the chance to post later.

There are 25hours left of Round 1. During this time you must gather all the likes you can.

May the most Liked win!

For item/character suggestions I think it would be awesome if you had either each of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, or just The Man With No Name (Clint Eastwood's character from that series) along with Ennio Morricone's awesome score from the film.

Gimli's Axe (from LOTR) could be quite funny, too.

For item/character suggestions I think it would be awesome if you had either each of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, or just The Man With No Name (Clint Eastwood's character from that series) along with Ennio Morricone's awesome score from the film.

Gimli's Axe (from LOTR) could be quite funny, too.
How about Elmo as a support?

As long as you mean this Elmo:

giphy.gif

Haha I will consider your requests!

So I had to go to hospital last night and that's messed up my planning for the game as I wanted to send out your updated hands for Round 2, and now that I'm at work I'll be unable to end Round 1 on time.
I'm going to extend this Round for 6 hours, meaning it will end at 4:30pm AEST. This will allow me to get the final vote count plus send out new hands right for the start of Round 2.

Haha I will consider your requests!

So I had to go to hospital last night and that's messed up my planning for the game as I wanted to send out your updated hands for Round 2, and now that I'm at work I'll be unable to end Round 1 on time.
I'm going to extend this Round for 6 hours, meaning it will end at 4:30pm AEST. This will allow me to get the final vote count plus send out new hands right for the start of Round 2.
My deepest consolations for having to go to the hospital last night. Never fun (unless your wife (if you are married) is having a baby, in which case, congratulations!).

That concludes Round 1!!
Thanks to everyone for being involved and submitting on time! Thanks also to those who voted.
Now onto the winners:

Congratulations to QuakingPunch who scored 11 votes to defeat Scattered Mind
Congratulations to Vracken who scored 6 votes to defeat double o Squirtle
Congratulations to TheFlyingPidove who scored 7 to defeat Tails
Congratulations to NinjaPenguin who scored 6 to defeat Inferno
Congratulations to bbninjas who scored 10 to defeat PikaMasterJesi (the scores were tied for so long for this matchup!
Congratulations to Ice Espeon who scored 11 to defeat thegrovylekid.

Here comes the Round 2 Matchups!

We have:
@Ice Espeon VS @Vracken
@NinjaPenguin VS @quakingpunch73
@TheFlyingPidove VS @bbninjas

Alrighty! I'm sending out updated hands to everybody! You have 24 hours to submit your Character and Supports for Round 2!

Good luck!

All updated hands have now been sent out.

I also want to quickly say thanks heaps to the people who are now out of the game. Thanks so much for playing :)

Darn, I gave it my best but came up short. Congrats to @TheFlyingPidove for besting me. Good luck the rest of the way.

Requesting this item as a support for Round 3.

tumblr_l4xuzk4wWT1qap20eo1_500.jpg

This inanimate carbon rod; a stowaway on a mission into space; single-handedly helped save the crippled spacecraft on it rapid descent; crashing into a building hosting a news reporter convention.

It has this aura of mystery towards it; how did this inanimate carbon rod get named Time's "Person of the Year"? Is is capable of thought? Feelings? Dreams?

Or, was it simply at the right place at the right time? No one knows.

Best of luck to all those who are still playing.

Round 2 - Submission Time!

Sorry for the Round 2 Delay! But here are your matchups!

@Ice Espeon VS @Vracken
IE has chosen Yoda supported by paper planes and the ability to create force fields
Vracken has chosen Charizard who has a Horcrux and a Kuriboh

@NinjaPenguin VS @quakingpunch73
NinjaPenguin has chosen Gandalf the White holding Captain America's Shield and a Master Ball that contains a Pokemon only NP knows about!
QuakingPunch has chosen IceMan from the X-Men with Ice Bending and a Yeti.

@TheFlyingPidove VS @bbninjas
TFP has chosen Mewtwo with a Duel Disc System and the ability Mimic to copy his opponents Supports, which means he will also have a Paper Clip and a Magikarp!
Bbninjas has chosen Villager with a Paper Clip and a Magikarp.

You will now have 48 hours to submit your posts and start gathering those Likes!

Good luck!

Quaking's Iceman with Icebending and a Yeti vs. Ninja Penguin's Gandalf, Captain America's Shield and Mystery Pokemon in a Masterball

In a fight against a normal human, Gandalf would certainly best them, he has magic and immortality on his side, after all... But Robert Drake is no normal human being! Also known as the Iceman, Drake has the power to control his own body's temperature and the temperature of the water moisture in the air. This can lead to Iceman being able to freeze his own body and create ice sculptures out of thin air. This thermokinesis has perfect synergy with the ability to ice bend. With both working in tandem, the sky's the limit: lock-on daggers to bypass Captain America's shield, a blizzard that can be manipulated to slowly wear Gandalf down and freeze him solid (therefore bypassing his immortality and shape shifting), a frozen axe to break Gandalf's staff, and even freezing Gandalf's heart solid before he can take a step forward, and all of this before the Yeti comes out to play...

The Yeti has two objectives in this match up: to act as a meat shield for Iceman and to surprise Gandalf during the inevitable blizzard. During the massive blizzard that takes place at the start of the battle, the Yeti's snow white fur can let it burrow underground and surprise Gandalf if he draws near. Now, if Gandalf ever were to get close to Iceman, our friend could keep Gandalf "the Great" occupied while Iceman siphons up some weapons to control or gets close enough to Gandalf to freeze his heart solid or lock his body in an inescapable prison of ice. The yeti is a versatile tool in the fight against Gandalf for its offensive and defensive duality. In conclusion, even though Gandalf has the unshakable upper hand from first glance, the cool synergy between Iceman, Icebending, and the Yeti is more then enough to tilt the match up in their favor.

Last edited:
Just an observation, but I feel like it could be effective for this game to be split up into more phases if it's run again. One phase for participants to submit their pleas for likes, and then a 24 or 48 hour period after that where spectators (and other players) can like their post. It seems silly to me that a post would get loads of likes when the other side of the argument hasn't even been presented. :p

What do you think?

Just an observation, but I feel like it could be effective for this game to be split up into more phases if it's run again. One phase for participants to submit their pleas for likes, and then a 24 or 48 hour period after that where spectators (and other players) can like their post. It seems silly to me that a post would get loads of likes when the other side of the argument hasn't even been presented. :p

What do you think?

Noted! Yeah that could work, I do think though, that if you are super proactive and get yours posted quickly then ultimately you'll reap the reward.

For a future running of the game would you suggest people PM their posts to the host who can then submit them all at the same time?

Noted! Yeah that could work, I do think though, that if you are super proactive and get yours posted quickly then ultimately you'll reap the reward.

For a future running of the game would you suggest people PM their posts to the host who can then submit them all at the same time?
I think that would also be very effective! :D It might be a shame for players to not get their likes added onto their like counts, but that's unbelievably minor. :p

Villager pulled out a small feather from his pocket. He had to write a letter to the host regarding his battle plan, and perhaps gain a few supporters in the process. But Villager was concerned that his opponent, Mewtwo, would intercept the letter and read it. He was a Psychic, after all! Villager stared at a bowl of fruit on the bench opposite to him. Apples, pears, bananas, lemons... wait, lemons! Villager realised he could use the lemons to create invisible ink, to keep his true intentions secret. So, he squeezed out lemon juice into a glossy flask, dipped his makeshift pen in and began writing on a small piece of parchment. This is what he wrote:

To whom it may concern,

It's a tough battle ahead, sure. It's the legendary Mewtwo - what would you expect? But I've got a few plans. I managed to catch a Magikarp. The scaly fish was too tough to eat, but it'll work well as a distraction. If I send it out into battle, Mewtwo would have no choice but to fight, or run. That'll buy me a turn.

I've also got a paper clip. I can insert the wire straight into the circuit of the Duel Disc System and stop it from working, while Mewtwo is distracted with Magikarp. Hopefully it'll even explode.

Then it'll be nice and fair. Just Mewtwo, and just me. If it dare uses any projectile attacks, I can absorb them with my pockets, and then discharge them to hit for weakness! The indirect attacks like Psychic and Confusion are far trickier, but I can get around that by hiding behind the trees I plant. If I can trap Mewtwo with my net, I'll be able to throw many rockets towards it, which will be too much for Mewtwo. If I get close, I can also drop that bowling ball on him.

That would be all,
Villager

You took the letter out from the mailbox, quickly ripped it open and read it excitedly.

giphy.gif

It was then that you realised that Villager has got this in the bag.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back