Finished Super Fight - Congratulations QuakingPunch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Super Fight

For those who don't know, I'm a School Teacher, and one of my students introduced me to the card game known as a Super Fight. Now for those who don't know, this game is an Apples to Apples / Cards against Humanity style game where you choose a Character, and a couple of modifiers and argue about who would win in a fight.

Using this game as inspiration, I've created a similar style of game to play here using the Forums.

Aim of the Game
Argue with your opponents over who would win in a fight, win every Round and be the last player standing.

The Game
- Every player will be randomly given 5 Characters and 5 Supports.
This will be your Hand.
- Every Round you will be paired with an opponent.
- Every Round you will select one Character, and 2 Supports from your Hand.
- You will then create a short passage as to how your Character would win in a fight.
You will post this passage in this thread.
- As soon as you have posted your argument, anyone on Pokebeach will be able to read your response and vote. Voting will be done by "Liking".

The player who receives the most "Likes" on their response will proceed to the next Round, while the player who loses will be eliminated.

At the end of each Round your Hand will be filled back to accommodate for lost cards.

Extra Rules
- There is no way to change the cards in your hand. The ones you have are the ones you can use.
- There is no limit to the number of responses you can "Like". If you like both player's responses then give them both a Like. In the event of a tie, a coin toss will decide who proceeds.
- There is no Limitations on what you write as your response. Obviously we must be fair and nice to all players, but since we are writing about fictional characters there should be no need for poor sportmanship and negative attitudes towards others.

Rounds
Every Round you will be paired up with an opponent to debate your Characters in a fight.
Timing of the Rounds will work as follows:
- 24 Hours to choose your Character and 2 Supports. If you don't submit a Randomiser will choose for you.
- 48 Hours to create a short passage of text depicting why your Character would beat your opponent's in a fight. You can do this creatively like a short story, or you can be informative and logical explaining how your Character would win. Ultimately you can present this how you like.
- 24 Hours for others to vote on whose would win.

Sample Hand
This is what a Sample Hand would look like.
Here is your Hand for Round 1

Characters
Pikachu, Anakin Skywalker, Gandalf, Green Lantern, Hulk

Supports
Air Bending, Mind Control, Army of Lions, Magikarp, The Force

You must choose one Character and two Supports to use this Round.

Sample Submission
The submission can be as short or as long as you like. It would be muchly appreciated if you could spoiler your submission, especially if it's long.

This is a sample submission between Pikachu with the Force and a Magikarp against the Hulk with Mind Control and an Army of Lions.

It is written by the player who has submitted Pikachu as their Character.

Submissions should appear in the following format
Pikachu with the Force and a Magikarp against the Hulk with Mind Control and an Army of Lions

If Pikachu were to come up against the Hulk in a mighty battle of strength its clear that the Hulk would win. Hulk is virtually indestructible, while Pikachu is a mouse with the power of electricity.
However! When Pikachu has the Force and a Magikarp its a sure win! Hulk has Mind Control over others, but when he has no control over his own mind how can he possible use this power to control others.
Hulk would find the Army of Lions as a much bigger threat than Pikachu so would be distracted leaving Pikachu to go to town with electricity and his Magikarp. While Hulk is distracted Pikachu could use the Force, shoot the Hulk into space, leaving him to suffocate/ form Planet Hulk.

Now the player with Hulk will also have a chance to respond, the player receiving the most Likes will then proceed to the next Round. This was something I wrote up quickly, so it's not particularly long, but your entry can be as long or short as you like.

Sign-Up
To sign up, simply comment below that you'd like to play. This game obviously requires an even number of players to work at its best, but an odd number of players would work fine too (the odd player will just receive a bye and proceed straight to Round 2).

If you'd like to request that certain Characters or Supports be added to the game then feel free to post them alongside your Sign Up. I've covered most good (in my opinion) franchises for movies, games and TV shows so hopefully I've got the majority of your suggestions, but if you'd like to recommend any characters or supports I can potentially add them in at my own discretion.

Sign Ups will be open for 1 week, following which the game will start immediately.

Players
1. Bbninjas
2. double o squirtle
3. thegrovylekid
4. Scattered mind
5. Ice Espeon
6. PikaMasterJesi
7. NinjaPenguin
8. Quaking Punch
9. Vracken
10. Tails
11. Inferno
12. TheFlyingPidove

Last edited:
As I'll be hosting the next mafia game (which will be going up super soon) I'm going to have to sit this one out, but best of luck with your hosting and I hope it's a success! It looks like so much fun, so I'm secretly heartbroken that I can't take part. :p

Now for those who don't know, this game is an Apples to Apples / Cards against Humanity style game where you choose a Character, and a couple of modifiers and argue about who would win in a fight.
I love Apples to Apples! In!

Can Dark Pit be included?

Last edited:
I'm in! Sounds like a fun game. ^v^

Editing this in now: I request the Villager from Animal Crossing/SSB4.

Last edited:
In! I've played it IRL and lost miserably , so I might have a leg up on the competition.
Edit: I request Inkling and Professor Oak.

/in

Apples to Apples is super fun!

I request Phoenix Wright as a character, with trout and a storm of catfish as separate supports.

um, yea, I'll join too if you'll have me ^w^

ah, request character I guess would have to be, the Simic coloured Planeswalker from Zendikar, Kiora Atu! Master of the Depths, the Crashing Wave, Trickster of Seas, and owner of the legendary ocean controlling, Bident of Thassa!!!

With Lorthos, the Tidemaker (a giant of a giant octopus) as a support ^w^

I'll give this a shot; played the IRL game before a few times and it was fun. So; what can possibly go wrong?

I request Homer Simpson as my character with the ability to turn invisible.

I'll play! And I will request Feraligatr and the abilities, "able to create force fields," and "eat cake." Let them eat cake!

Alrighty! I'm going to start the game as of now!

I'll be sending out everyone's starting hand now and then I'll randomise the matchups.

Once the post about matchups has been posted you will have 24 hours to select your Character and 2 Supports.

Good luck!

Round 1 Begin

Welcome to Super Fight's first Round!

In Round 1 we will have:
@quakingpunch73 VS @scattered mind
@double o squirtle VS @Vracken
@Tails VS @TheFlyingPidove
@Inferno390 VS @NinjaPenguin
@bbninjas VS @PikaMasterJesi
@thegrovylekid VS @Ice Espeon

Remember to post your submission in the format as outlined in the Opening Post.

Please also include:
Your Name VS Your Opponent's

Put this outside of your submission spoiler.

Do not post your submission yet! Once you've PMd me your choices I will create another post outlining everyone's choices, from there the 48 hours to post your fight will begin

Goodluck!

You will have 24 hours from this post to select your Character and Supports.

Thanks to those who have submitted so far,

If you haven't submitted you have just under 12 hours to do so.

Night y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back