Sunday, 10/21, Ambipom Review, Bronzong Card Review, Beckett Charity, Magmortar Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Advanced Member
Naki Feralkin said:
(if you predict Ambipom's Fake Out correctly

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but mostly all Ambipoms open with Fake Out to get the best of their STAB and Life Orb capabilities. Its practically to give it an extra turn to deal with. I'm not saying your statement is wrong, but most Ambipoms do open with Fake Out. Maybe not in a Best of 3 fight, but if you don't see a Gallade coming, wouldn't you use Fake Out to maximize your damage?

I like to keep an open mind when using Ambipom. I'll often times start with Payback or Aerial Ace (depending upon my Ambipom move set) if I would have the Speed advantage anyway. Then, you get to pick off a nice Gengar or damage a Dusknoir since the opponent was thinking that you were tunnel-visioned battler.

Let's put it this way, it's the battlers fault if they allow a Gallade to come in and get the boost. When I use Blissey, I hold back on Thunder Wave until I know my opponent doesn't have an Electivire. That's how you play the game, or at least how I play it. :p

abaxter94

Peach is staring into your soul
I for one will be sending in a lot of cards, along with the Pokebeach "how to play" and "deck building help".
Which by the way, needs to be updated.

TRQLKZ

Aspiring Trainer
I will be sending a several hundred cards for the charity. I am glad to see so many people wanting to help out and donate cards.

Red5bv06

Aspiring Trainer
Great article on Bronzong (helped me out with our article ;)).

Great just to see video game character reviews. It's a very cool and helpful thing. I used to do some for Pokeschool, but this is fresh and cool.
Something I would like to see in the future is the inclusion of all the possible moves (Level Up, Egg, Tutor, TM, etc.). Having these at the beginning would be really helpful for drawing a basis as to the Pokémon's movepool before diving into the reviewers opinions. Especially since Pokebeach doesn't have a Pokédex like that, I think it is needed. Maybe even start making pages listing that material for each Pokémon and include a link to that at the beginning of the article.
Just something to think about. I'm anxiously waiting to read more.

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
I just read the Ambipom review, and it was fantastic. Kudos to a very elaborate review from Team Eclipse's members.

Shawn out.

AuraBird

BLLLLLLLL
I might donate my lucario lv.x to the kids in the hospital. Also, will there be another code for pbr that gets you another pokemon?

GraysonViolin

2vs2 God
The fact that Double hit is an option over Return because it can break substitutes is not mentioned.
You guys mentioned Lucario as a counter and stuff, but what about it switching in to a Brick Break? And you say Weavile counters it in a different sort of way, but if Weavile can't switch in freely (brick break) then why mention it? Because there are other of Pokemon that can outspeed and KO Ambipom (Alakazam and Dugtrio for example, both of which can survive a single fake-out)

The article is very organized, easy to read and understand. Good job =)

I couldn't find a link to the Bronzong article, and is a direct link to the articles going to be created?

Noobnerd

~I see a little silhouetto of a man~
The Bronzong article was a card review, ID. I thought Kevin mentioned about Double Hit breaking Subs. >.>

Our next review will be another popular Pokemon. No prizes for guessing; only warnings and bans. :F

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
smacktack15 said:
Do the cards need to be modified???

Umm.. not to sound rude to anybody, but I don't think a kid in the hospital is going to a tournament any time soon -_-. No, they don't have to be modified :)

I hardly even commented about the Ambipom review. It was interesting, and I liked the Fake Out Moveset. However, I noticed you didn't do resort-pom (something like:

Ambipom @ Focus Band
-Fake out
-Last Resort)

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
The Bronzong decklist is interesting (and may make for a good rogue deck!), but I think the best combo is with Blissey, since Bronzong's Poke-Power works better when you discard Energy to pay for it.

The Ambipom review was also excellent. I never would've thought of using it in a DS team, but you showed how it could be done. Good job, Team Eclipse!

GraysonViolin

2vs2 God
RE: Sunday, 10/21, Ambipom Review, Bronzong Card Review, Beckett Charity, Magmortar C

Ketchup and Mustard said:
I hardly even commented about the Ambipom review. It was interesting, and I liked the Fake Out Moveset. However, I noticed you didn't do resort-pom (something like:

Ambipom @ Focus Band
-Fake out
-Last Resort)

err... no. I think they mentioned Last resort in other options somewhere, Last resort isn't worth a moveset. Just don't forget to add the sub breaking part, KG, or whoever can edit them.... :/

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
Please do not post in threads which have had no replies for over 2 weeks, thank you.

*locky*

The European code will probably be released soon enough, you'll just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.