Sunday, 10/21, Ambipom Review, Bronzong Card Review, Beckett Charity, Magmortar Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now there are also game reviews?
Yes! I always wanted to find some nice ambipom Movesets!
Pokemon Card Charity? New concept!
Remember to willingly send some cards by November 27!

Two very nice reviews.
Ambipom seems like a good Pokémon. I'd heard alot about it, but was never sure on a moveset. Should help alot of people.
The Bronzong review was very fair, and a good list for it as well. Definately an over-looked card, but will show it's true potential next format.
Hopefully, the Secret Wonders scans will be early, I can't wait to see them! Hopefully, spoilers of more cards in DP4 soon?
The donation "Cards for Kids" scheme seems great. Hopefully, a lot of people will take part.
The Magmortar seems pretty good. Only, Hyper Beam? Oh well, that can be changed.

Yay, the Ambi review is finally finished. We worked a pretty long while coming up with those movesets and stuff.

Lol, Hyper Beam and Solar Beam on Magmortar. It'd need some Sunny Day support....At least they got the Nature right. Vire's moveset was perfect, but the Nature is best as Jolly.

Thank you for the reviews!! I don't have PBR, so Magmortar wasn't too useful...:p Ambipom isn't such a bad Pokemon now I've got him, but he has Pickup. I really liked the Zong review, I'll try that sample deck out!

No Nasty Plot for Ambipom. I can't believe all of us forgot about that.

EDIT: Eh? It's there now.

RE: Sunday, 10/21, Ambipom Review, Bronzong Card Review, Beckett Charity, Magmortar C

Even though I don't collect trading cards, I think I might buy a trainer kit and just donate all of it away.

Ambipom still needs to watch out for Gallade switch ins. The upped speed at flinch will put Gallade in front of Ambipom and he can OHKO it.

I'm definitely going to give the cards for Christmas. I know what its like to be in the hospital without anything to do. When I was 5, I had some sort of tomber, and I was very bored in the hospital. So, I want kids to never have to feel bored. I'm sending, probably a little over 100 cards..

Anyway, great Ambipom review! Also great card review. Can't wait to get more of those game reviews!

I'm definitely going to send some cards. Altough I don't live in America ( I live in London, England) I'm visiting NY next week so I'll be able to post the cards then!!!

Okay I completely read the Ambipom review and it was great. Definately better than other people's reviews..I skimmed the Bronzong review and it was good. Nice deck and I agree about the good things about him make him shine in a deck. Intresting charity wonder why I've never heard of it before or why did they just start this thing?? Anyway I miht donate some. Magmortar code is finally out and I've been waiting forever for it. WPM good luck on your hectic week. You'll need it.:)

dmaster out.

I hope we can see the scans once the site gets them up and then all we have to do is wait for translations and the English scans of the cards.:)

Naki Feralkin said:
Ambipom still needs to watch out for Gallade switch ins. The upped speed at flinch will put Gallade in front of Ambipom and he can OHKO it.

Many of us discussed it and settled on the fact that it isn't a concrete counter. It is effective in the fact that it gains a speed boost (if you predict Ambipom's Fake Out correctly). However, if the prediction is incorrect, Gallade doesn't have the defense to hold up against a Double Hit or Aerial Ace. That's why Gallade is not specifically mentioned and Steadfast is still noted.

Aqua Smeargle said:
*appluase for twi*

Great job, looks like pokebeach is finaly getting a little further into the RPG.

>:[

Twilight does articles for Pokemon in doubles, and they post them on their forums. Team Eclipse is doing these articles.

(if you predict Ambipom's Fake Out correctly

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but mostly all Ambipoms open with Fake Out to get the best of their STAB and Life Orb capabilities. Its practically to give it an extra turn to deal with. I'm not saying your statement is wrong, but most Ambipoms do open with Fake Out. Maybe not in a Best of 3 fight, but if you don't see a Gallade coming, wouldn't you use Fake Out to maximize your damage?

Yes, you would. We talked about Gallade in the place where we created this article, and discussed that he's not exactly the biggest threat to Ambi. I guess KG didn't feel like putting Gallade in, so he didn't, and put in "Pokemon with Steadfast" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back