News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

Hmm seems like an excellent card for the end of a match, but only 10 damage for each pokemon in opponents discard? Damage will be between 40/80 at the end of a match? Very good for one energy... But what if you start with it?
Yeah, aren't you guys all overthinking this card? If you have the ill fortune for this to be the only Basic in your opening hand, you have to have a Stadium in your hand as well to do T1 30. If it's your plan for a late game miracle, unless there's another card with an easy to get your opponent's Pokemon into their discard, it's not necessarily going to be dealing the 150-200 1HKO damage that makes it worth 2 pages of discussion.

Yeah, aren't you guys all overthinking this card? If you have the ill fortune for this to be the only Basic in your opening hand, you have to have a Stadium in your hand as well to do T1 30. If it's your plan for a late game miracle, unless there's another card with an easy to get your opponent's Pokemon into their discard, it's not necessarily going to be dealing the 150-200 1HKO damage that makes it worth 2 pages of discussion.

It's neither a good starter nor a miracle comeback Pokemon because it's not meant to be either. The best way to apply this card (on paper at least) is to utilize it during the mid-late game when you have an advantage, utilize it as a counter-tool against decks that cause unfavorable match-ups to your own while they simultaneously also have a decent amount of Pokemon mained (this is the hardest form of utilizing this card because it falls under the category of Bees vs Whatever Bees is good against, Night March vs Whatever Night March is good against, and Volcanion-EX vs things like Frogs), or use it as a general Damage Spreader to help score OHKOs, which in decks like Volcanion-EX, is fairly important. The reason this card is so useful is because it has a low Retreat cost, both of its attacks, even if the second attack is weak, require one energy (and any energy at that), and the first attack scales fairly well and ignores things like Resistance. That's why this warrants 2 pages of discussion, on top of the fact that we haven't had something quite this unique in a little while. Will it be Meta-breaking? Most things aren't. Will it see play? You bet, even if it is only for a little while.

Also, allow me to mention that this card goes very well with Trevenant BREAK. Should be fairly obvious as to why.

-Asmer

Are they still trying to work night march, because this is getting insane.
It seems they are trying to do something or they know something we dont. I can't wait to try the card.

I don't think so, when rotation happens next August/September, there are going to be a lot more pokemon hitting the discard pile when knocked out.

Except it's not meant to do either. Like Asmer said, it's going to be something of a mid to late game attacker. It'd be more of those cards to punish your opponent for overextending or having poor starts and having to sacrifice incomplete evolutions early on.

Solgaleo is sadly disappointing. Hitting 170 for 3 Energy is quite nice, but considering it's a Stage 2... not exactly something I would want to run (especially because the requirement is MMC instead of MCC). 50 Damage to any Pokemon is okay at best as well on a Stage 2. Overall, card is pretty meh, it seems.

-Asmer

I think its a card with quite a bit of potential, maybe not as much as lunaalaGX and baby Lunaala, but its a good way to pick off anything that manages to escape from sol fang or GX's metal burst(was that name?). But I suppose the biggest issue is what to pair up with them and that you need an efficient way to get them up and running. Though like many of the new stage 2's I guess the current format will be very difficult for them to shine...

It looks like someone just took a screenshot of the trailer and used it on one of those card making websites.

I think it would be good card when paired with Solgaleo GX. You can power up two Solgaleos in a single turn using Sol Burst GX and you can switch both of them alternatively using Ultra Road ability, hitting 170 each turn.

Since Solgaleo and Solgaleo-GX are two different cards, you can have 3-2 lineups in your deck.

Agree that it's still is lot of Stage 2s, but format anyway is going to be a lot slower and stable after Sun and Moon.

A new story has just been posted to PokéBeach's front page:
Posts you make after this point will immediately appear on the front page and vice versa. Discuss!

There was a creative contest that
I used to host way in the past
Fake cards were shared for all to love
Come find a clue within the last

Last edited:
I don´t really know how to feel about that drampa. 150 Dmg with 3 Energy and it´s a basic. Also discarding energy and draw 10 (granted it ends the turn but still)
I guess this means that we will continue to have a very fast "go through your deck asap" meta. At least for a bit.

Hmm good deck for this meta. Slap a secret base down and I dunno, a Taurus-GX, and then max elixir and stuff to do that easy 150.

Oh and great Revolution is the worst GX attack ever. Especially since they made that N-like thingy and N itself.

Back