News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

The Nightmarch killer for expanded and Vespiquen killer for Standard, i love this card. Especially since it is splashable into pretty much any deck

Last edited:
Hmm seems like an excellent card for the end of a match, but only 10 damage for each pokemon in opponents discard? Damage will be between 40/80 at the end of a match? Very good for one energy... But what if you start with it?

The first attack is really, really solid!
The cost is splashable and you can use it really quick!

Might be able to kickstart an own deck?

That artwork is absolutely gorgeous! Will try to pull this card if this strengthening set gets to the west. But I admire it's Ominous Wind attack, which will make it a popular Bees/Night March killer in Standard/Expanded. I could see some decks built around this card.

Hmm seems like an excellent card for the end of a match, but only 10 damage for each pokemon in opponents discard? Damage will be between 40/80 at the end of a match? Very good for one energy... But what if you start with it?
thats what was asked when Hoopa + Shaymi came out. In STS, we have an answer, and it's name is Ninja Boy.

Other than that, very nice expanded card. Could see play with Dimension Valley or just a tech in a deck that's weak to night march.

Bee/Bug killing aside, this card is absolutely great considering we're going in to a format with a bunch of very powerful Stage 2 Pokemon. That means we're guaranteed at least 3 damage counters per Stage 2 Knock Out, plus random Pokemon that get discarded via Sycamore/Ultra Ball/Delinquent/etc. On top of all that, both of its attacks are a single Colorless Energy and it has a good Resistance typing in Fighting, which is something to note as well.

I feel that this should be a 1 or 2-of in a lot of decks in both Formats, if not for the sheer pressure that it can provide in most situations. I love this card!

-Asmer

This is one of the coolest cards I've seen in a very long time, and this is absolutely awesome. There are no words to describe the joy I'm feeling looking at this card. :D

I love these birds! They do a really good job making them look tasty but this does solve my Vespiquen problem. Kill all the bees and insert bee joke here.

Situational tech card but it's definitely worth having a card or two in one's deck for the rest of this season and next season.

I think this card will be OKAY at best for current standard, although in the future during the GX meta I can see it being more effective thanks to the evolution GXs. If a Sycamore comes back at some point then uncautious opponents might discard a few mon here and there, plus one or two KOs could let you secure a game by sniping low HP basics.

Back