suggestion for forum. WPM, pls look!

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
I am suggesting that we can filter all threads from 14 days ago, because that is the time where a thread will not be dead. So, we will know which threads we can still post in and which are already dead and avoid reviving it.

I don't like it.

First, we have some threads in which stuff like this is okay (trade forum, and some sticky topics in misc and such) And its just nice sometimes to see what people were saying back whenever.

Reviving old topics really isn't as big of a problem as it could be, and you can just check for which posts are closer to the top to reply in..

I'm in agreement with Grandmaster Porygon.

Filtering out topics that are two weeks old is a stupid idea. The only people that would support this idea are those who are too dumb to look at the most recent post and think "Gee, the last post of this topic was in June! And it's November! LETS POST IN IT LOL"

No offense to you, jayh. But this idea would only cater to those lazy enough to not read and follow the rules...

I also disagree with the idea. You do have to consider old threads in the Trade Forum and Sticky Posts, which are found in nearly every forum. Those would both expire, and they still may need to be updated. Same with Card of the Day, Announcements, etc. Going through and picking out which topics to exempt would be too much of a hassle. Just remember the 14 day rule and you'll be fine.

Hmm, but we have a filter for 5 days, 10 days, 20, etc, but no 14. Why do we need all those 5, 10, 20 for then?

Edit: Oh, I got warned for posting in a thread which was on the first page. We may slip sometimes and not notice the date.

I know people slip sometimes, that's fine, we won't hold it against you if it's a rare thing. All ya gotta do is be a little careful. The main page is bound to have old posts, I was over-simplifying it.

Yeah, I slipped and replied a thread which was 3 weeks old. So sorry about that...

EDIT: BTW, when I say first page, I mean that when i click into gaming discussion, the first 50 threads I see, the one I accidentally revived was in that 50.

I got warned (Looooong time ago) because of reviving as well *duh*. OK no problem, I lived with it ... untill I saw Idon'tknowhowmany threads locked. I just took a look why are they locked and saw that Ghost Pokemon Master revived them. Did he got any warning???

You can make that adjustment on the bottom of the front page to what threads you want to see and the last post etc so it is not that bad just make an adjust ment to your likings.:)

i agree with this idea. Isnt things gonna be much easier for both members and mods if we can mark those threads which is older than 14 days?
This will prevent /reduce the number of ppls who post in old threads which is = lesser job for the mods, hooray!:D:D:D

I think this idea is great espcailly if it starts after Christmas Break. A lot of People will have spare time and then can't come back on becuase of school and stuff.

Well, I have to disagree with this idea. Most of the old Threads that people formed will prove to be useful in the future. Like for example, if a person wants to make a deck, like Dustmuk or MMS, they can look at the Article Arcanine 274 and I wrote in teh deck Garage. And, what if someone wants to have a look at a persons H/W list but found out they were deleted? Plus, the person who took the long, long time to write that list is going to be frustrated because he or she knows it'll be soon when they're Thread is going to be gone. How bout the Clans in the Gaming Discussion column? Are they going to be deleted after all the discussion (and spam) they had done? I guess not. There are more more reasons to NOT do this. Fire Pokemon Supporter, please don't revive Dead Threads. Thank You. You only Revive Dead Threads when there is a new developtment or any IMPORTANT updates. Nothing else. Even if a person Revives dead Threads, we have Moderators to Lock and Warn. And if that doesn't work, we have 2 other options. Temp Ban or Permaban. Jayh, I hope you'll understand what I am trying to explain here. Thank You.

Back