XY Street Pass/Spot Pass Speculation

THSporin

Aspiring Trainer
Street Pass and Spot Pass are HUGE features on the 3DS, and I haven't seen much discussion as to what we think/want Gamefreak to do with that feature.

There could be many things that could be done with street pass. Random trades for instance. Select a pokemon to trade, and the first Pokemon player you pass on your way out you trade with.

A trainer card swap sounds more plausible, similar to Monster Hunter. They could then implement a mini-game that you play with the trainers that you've passed on the road.

With the announcement of clothes and accessories, Spot Pass could be a great tool to release new sets of clothing for your trainers to wear!

Spot Pass could also be used to unlock events, announce tournaments, and possible DLC.

I think Street Pass could be used to collect/trade new PokeDex data or to show off your accomplishments/Pokemon.

Streetpass will probably be used for something like the Trainer House in GSCHGSS. IDK for Spotpass.

Streetpass could also be used for the Secret Bases in R/S/E or the Underground Bases in D/P/P.

Spotpass could be used like how Fire Emblem Awakening is using it: free DLC. Fire Emblem has units, maps, and items. Just switch out units with Pokemon and maps with some sort of legendary-event-related area (like Liberty Garden in B/W) and it works perfectly.

The eshop just put up a page for x&y and it has confirmed streetpass and spotpass are available but not what function they serve.

Kyogreman said:
The eshop just put up a page for x&y and it has confirmed streetpass and spotpass are available but not what function they serve.

XY will use Streetpass and Spotpass? Thank you for confirming the obvious, Nintendo.

From what we've heard from tonight, I think it's going to have something with the players appearing in your games. Hopefully something like secret bases (It's one of the reasons I really like Gen 3), but it'll probably end up being something like a more elaborate trainer house, which I don't have anything against and then probably something like the mall in BW2. The other thing that might be cool is if they found a way to simulate battles between teams on streetpass, gaining you money even when you're not playing, they did something like that with SSF4. Spotpass will be nice for events, we may get alerts about them; that would make it way easier to remember to download them. They also made no comment on DLC tonight so I think that hints at there being some kind of DLC, likely via Spotpass.

TheGuy said:
From what we've heard from tonight, I think it's going to have something with the players appearing in your games. The other thing that might be cool is if they found a way to simulate battles between teams on streetpass.

Fire Emblem Awakening has you create a team, StreetPass somebody else, and the other person appears on the world map. Then you can buy items, view their card, and battle them (albeit as AI). They could implement that sort of thing.

Back