Stellar Tera Type Coming to the Pokemon TCG in “Stellar Miracle” Set!

Hopefully they are stronger for TCG players than it is in the DLC game, stellar came out and it just felt not the best to use comp wise and sometimes even for fun. Collector wise hopefully the art and regular drawings are stellar and very interested on what future cards are in store for us.

on one hand i love that Ceruledge is finally getting something really cool for the tcg

on the other hand it'll probably be totally unplayable

Hey definitely correct me if I’m wrong here but can’t only Terapagos terrestrialize into Stellar type in the VG; no other Pokémon can? If so, then if they decide to give it a once-a-game-power, having a once-a-game ability on a basic Pokémon would bring us back to the days where you build a 59 card deck, and then you added this card. So if Terapagos is the only Stellar type in the TCG (which, granted, would be a bummer), then I don’t think they’ll do the GX attack/VStar power route.

Could be something similar to Kecleon's Cromashift ability, which I'm totally down for. ??✨

Or, they could start creating cards (trainers, special energies and abilities) that support only stellar type mons.

I think Stellar tera will just make them really strong cards. Stellar doesn't change your type. You get got for damage the same as normal but it boosts your attack power. I think they'll just have good attacks and abilities. Terapagos probably has an about that says it always hits for weakness or something. I'm stoked for Ceruledge ex. Hopefully it's really good. Does it get psychic type since Armarouge was Fire?
It will most likely say it will always hit for weakness on tera-pokemon as the rule box rule

Hey definitely correct me if I’m wrong here but can’t only Terapagos terrestrialize into Stellar type in the VG; no other Pokémon can? If so, then if they decide to give it a once-a-game-power, having a once-a-game ability on a basic Pokémon would bring us back to the days where you build a 59 card deck, and then you added this card. So if Terapagos is the only Stellar type in the TCG (which, granted, would be a bummer), then I don’t think they’ll do the GX attack/VStar power route.
no other pokemon can tera into stellar tera. Please see the pictures in the article sylveon

As LilTone96 said above, any Pokemon can Terastallize into the Stellar Tera type. In the games, there are a few natural spawning Stellar Tera Pokemon in the Blueberry Academy Terarium, but as with other Tera types, you can get Stellar Tera Shards, which can in turn, change the Tera type of every available Pokemon into the Stellar Tera type. Terapagos is unique in the sense that it can ONLY has the Stellar Tera type, whereas every other Pokemon (minus Ogerpon) can have their Tera type changed to whatever type seems fit.

no other pokemon can tera into stellar tera. Please see the pictures in the article sylveon

As LilTone96 said above, any Pokemon can Terastallize into the Stellar Tera type. In the games, there are a few natural spawning Stellar Tera Pokemon in the Blueberry Academy Terarium, but as with other Tera types, you can get Stellar Tera Shards, which can in turn, change the Tera type of every available Pokemon into the Stellar Tera type. Terapagos is unique in the sense that it can ONLY has the Stellar Tera type, whereas every other Pokemon (minus Ogerpon) can have their Tera type changed to whatever type seems fit.
Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up @LilTone96 and @steffenka! In that case a once-a-game feature would be pretty interesting!

Wait, Terapagos can't change Tera Types? Uh oh...

It will most likely say it will always hit for weakness on tera-pokemon as the rule box rule
I guess I could see that but that's all the stellar tera type does in the games. That's just covering one aspect of it. Stellar Tera type boosts all your moves one time and Tera Blast is super effective every time against Tera Pokémon but also lowers your attack and sp attack. I'm interested to see how they implement it.

The main thing about stellar tera that seems to be missed is that the pokemon keeps its typing defensively, so stellar tera Rillaboom is still pure grass. Stellar tera Terapagos will be weak to fighting, no question there. If Stellar tera hits all pokemon for super effective damage in the TCG, Terapagos will either be hard nerfed because of it or be the most broken card ever printed, barr none. ADP can eat its heart out.

Maybe a Stellar type will have an attack that can hit any opposing Pokemon (active or benched) and ignores any weakness/resistance/effects on the opponent, including effects on the benched ones.

Maybe a Stellar type will have an attack that can hit any opposing Pokemon (active or benched) and ignores any weakness/resistance/effects on the opponent, including effects on the benched ones.
So like a snipe attack that hits through Tera Rule and Wave Veil?

The main thing about stellar tera that seems to be missed is that the pokemon keeps its typing defensively, so stellar tera Rillaboom is still pure grass. Stellar tera Terapagos will be weak to fighting, no question there. If Stellar tera hits all pokemon for super effective damage in the TCG, Terapagos will either be hard nerfed because of it or be the most broken card ever printed, barr none. ADP can eat its heart out.
it doesn't make sense to hit everything for super effective damage (weakness) in tcg because why not just write double the number?

it doesn't make sense to hit everything for super effective damage (weakness) in tcg because why not just write double the number?
1) There are a few minor differences: some Pokémon don’t have weakness (like Dragon types) so if Stellar type was all the types it still wouldn’t hit there. Also, a choice belt would add 60/Vitality Band adds 20, etc.

2) Who says it has to make sense for Pokémon to do it ?

Back