TCG Fakes Steff's Card Factory - First DP and Marshal Set done!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

Welcome to Steff's Card Factory!
Here I'll be producing various random cards, that I hope you'll all enjoy. Even though I said random, I do have a few minisets in mind. I'll give a short resume of the 3 I currently have planned out:

Inspired by GadgetJax, I've decided to do a similar project with owners Pokemon. These will be in small sets of ~20 cards, and will include both Pokemon, trainers and a small surprise I've planned out.
The first 4 sets will feature the Elite 4 from Unova, followed by the 2 Champions. Pokemon from all generations will be used, which means that even though someone is from Johto, they can still have Pokemon from Kalos.
exeggutor.gif
musharna.gif
vanilluxe.gif

I've also decided to reprint old cards, and update them to their current wording etc. The Pokemon featured on these cards will be shiny, but still able to evolve from their pre-evolution (similar to the reprint cards from the Platinum series). Cards from every era (Base - XY-on) have a chance of being reprinted, though it will only be reprinted if it was playable at its time.
aggron-mega.gif
flareon.gif
thundurus.gif

Finally I've decided to produce Diamond and Pearl styled cards. These minisets will also have ~20 cards in them, including Lv. X. The first few minisets will feature Pokemon mostly found in Sinnoh, however in the later sets, Pokemon from other generations will be found as well.
rampardos.gif
abomasnow-mega.gif
mesprit.gif

Each miniset will be released over 4 parts, with ~5 cards each. However they will not be released consecutive, and there will most likely be a few cards in between each parts.

I hope you'll enjoy the cards I'll be producing, and if you have any feedback to any of the cards, I'll be happy to listen to what you have to say. Also if anyone has any request on cards they want to be made or reprinted, be sure to let me know and I'll happily do it.

Thank you for checking out my cards, Steffenka

RE: Steff's Card Factory

Yes, as you so nicely pointed out, 'inspired by GadgetLax'. So, what am I, a Snorlax?

Looking forward to seeing your take on Alder's team!

GadgetJax said:
Yes, as you so nicely pointed out, 'inspired by GadgetLax'. So, what am I, a Snorlax?

Looking forward to seeing your take on Alder's team!

Uh no, obviously you're a Munchlax :p
Thank you, looking forward to doing it :D

Starting of with a couple of reprints!

[Stage 2] Swampert HP110 [W]

swampert.gif

(Ability) Water Call
Once during your turn, you may attach a [W] Energy card from your hand to your Active Pokémon.

[W][W][C][C] Hypno Splash 50
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]
It can swim while towing a large ship. It bashes down foes with a swing of its thick arms.

[Stage 2] Pidgeot HP100 [C]

pidgeot.gif

(Ability) Quick Search
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, choose any 1 card from your deck and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C][C] Clutch 40
Your opponent's Active Pokemon can not retreat during his or her next turn.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat:
It spreads its gorgeous wings widely to intimidate enemies. It races through the skies at Mach-2 speed.

[Stage 2] Jumpluff HP90 [G]

jumpluff.gif

[G] Mass Attack 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the amount of Pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's).

[G] Leaf Guard 30
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: [R]x2
Resistance: [F]-20
Retreat:
Even in the fiercest wind, it can control its fluff to make its way to any place in the world it wants.

180px-SwampertEXRubySapphire13.jpg
180px-PidgeotEXFireRedLeafGreen10.jpg
180px-JumpluffHeartGoldSoulSilver6.jpg

Earlier, when I heard you were doing reprints, I thought you were just re-polishing some of your older cards. I do think that these new ones are pretty great, though! Just make sure that you match up the generation correctly with that card's classifications. For example, if that Swampert was specifically designed for XY5, then I would give it 150HP and Water Pulse should do about 90 damage instead of 50. Otherwise, loving it!

GadgetJax said:
Earlier, when I heard you were doing reprints, I thought you were just re-polishing some of your older cards. I do think that these new ones are pretty great, though! Just make sure that you match up the generation correctly with that card's classifications. For example, if that Swampert was specifically designed for XY5, then I would give it 150HP and Water Pulse should do about 90 damage instead of 50. Otherwise, loving it!

Thank you! :D
I don't really understand what you mean with matching up the generations? It's a reprint, as in, the ones in DP: Stormfront, Platinum, etc. so the attacks, abilities etc. are taken directly from the original card itself, which means I don't change anything but the wording :)
No offense, but I wouldn't consider it a reprint if I changed any attack damage etc. on it ;)

200px-ScytherJungle10.jpg
021274_P_SUTORAIKU.jpg

What I was trying to say is that Swampert has an Ability, meaning that it should be from either BW or XY.

GadgetJax said:
What I was trying to say is that Swampert has an Ability, meaning that it should be from either BW or XY.

Ah okay :)
Well, since they don't have Pokepowers and bodies now, I just changed it to Ability. Is it better to have them as Pokepowers/bodies?

IMO Abilities would be better.
With the reprints, may you post a link to the card so us players that didn't dabble in the older cards know what you are reprinting?

Added the original cards to the reprints :)

Caitlin

[Basic] Gothita HP60 [P]

gothita.gif

[P] Confusion
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
They intently observe both Trainers and Pokémon. Apparently, they are looking at something only Gothita can see.

[Stage 1] Gothorita HP90 [P]

gothorita.gif

[P] Tickle
During your opponent's next turn, your opponent's Active Pokemon does 30 damage less when attacking.

[P][C] Psybeam 40

Resistance:
They use hypnosis to control people and Pokémon. Tales of Gothorita leading people astray are told in every corner.

[Stage 2] Gothitelle HP130 [P] (Team Caitlin)

gothitelle.gif

[P] Flatter
Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused. During your opponent's next turn, your opponent's Active Pokemon does 30 damage more, when attacking.

[P][P][C] Psychic 80

Resistance:
Starry skies thousands of light-years away are visible in the space distorted by their intense psychic power.

[Basic] Fennekin HP60 [R]

fennekin.gif

(Ability) Magician
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon has no Pokemon Tool cards attached to it, you may flip a coin. If heads, attach a Pokemon Tool from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[R][C] Ember 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is Burned.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Eating a twig fills it with energy, and its roomy ears give vent to air hotter than 390 degrees Fahrenheit.

[Stage 1] Braixen HP90 [R]

braixen.gif

(Ability) Magician
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon has no Pokemon Tool cards attached to it, you may flip a coin. If heads, attach a Pokemon Tool from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[R][C] Psyshock 50

Resistance:
When the twig is plucked from its tail, friction sets the twig alight. The flame is used to send signals to its allies.

A new reprint!

[Stage 1] Electrode HP80 [L]

electrode.gif

(Ability) Energy Shift
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may use this power. This Pokémon isn't discarded. Instead, attach it as an Energy card to 1 of your Pokémon. While attached, this card is a Special Energy card and provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. (This card has no other effect than providing an Energy.)

[L][C] Ion Blast 40+
You may do 40 damage plus 60 more damage. If you do, this Pokémon does 100 damage to itself.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: [M] -20
Retreat:
It explodes in response to even minor stimuli. It is feared, with the nickname of "The Bomb Ball."

ElectrodeSecretWonders26.jpg

Caitlin

[Basic] Inkay HP50 [P]

inkay.gif

[C] Peck 10

[P] Topsy-Turvy
Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.

Resistance:
Opponents who stare at the flashing of the light-emitting spots on its body become dazed and lose their will to fight.

[Stage 1] Malamar HP100 [P] (Team Caitlin)

malamar.gif

[P] Drowsy Stare
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

[P][C][C] Psyblast 60

Resistance:
It wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and it forces others to do whatever it wants.

[Stage 2] Delphox HP120 [P] (Team Caitlin)

delphox.gif

(Ability) Magician

[P][P][C] Switcheroo 70
If both this Pokemon and your opponent's Active Pokemon has any Pokemon Tools attached to them, put your opponent's Active Pokemon's Pokemon Tool on this Pokemon, and this Pokemon's Pokemon Tool on your opponent's Active Pokemon. If this Pokemon or your opponent's Active Pokemon is Knocked Out, put the Tools in the original owners Discard Pile.

Resistance:
Using psychic power, it generates a fiery vortex of 5,400 degree Fahrenheit, incinerating foes swept into this whirl of flame.

[Stage 2] Delphox HP150 [R] (Team Caitlin)

delphox.gif

(Ability) Evolution Memories
This Pokemon can use the attacks of all Pokémon you have in play that evolve from Braixen as its own. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[R][R][C] Mystical Fire 60+
Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand. This attack does 60 damage + 10 damage for each card you drew.

Resistance:

[Stadium] Caitlins Bedroom (Team Caitlin)

Caitlin_Room_BW.png

Once during each players turn, that player may flip a coin. If heads, his or her opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

I do really like these cards, though I did notice a few things. Firstly, make sure that you specify on the Ability 'Magician' the following: Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon has no Pokemon Tool cards attached to it, you may flip a coin. If heads, attach a Pokemon Tool from your discard pile to this Pokemon. Another thing to note is that Caitlin's Bedroom should say: Once during each players turn, that player may flip a coin. If heads, his or her opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep. I spend a LOT of time studying the scans of each card from the current format, so if you ever need help or don't know for sure what to specify, just PM me!

Can't wait for you to get to Shauntal! Think you could maybe do a Golurk and Drifblim for her when the time comes around?

GadgetJax said:
I do really like these cards, though I did notice a few things. Firstly, make sure that you specify on the Ability 'Magician' the following: Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon has no Pokemon Tool cards attached to it, you may flip a coin. If heads, attach a Pokemon Tool from your discard pile to this Pokemon. Another thing to note is that Caitlin's Bedroom should say: Once during each players turn, that player may flip a coin. If heads, his or her opponent's Active Pokemon is now Asleep. I spend a LOT of time studying the scans of each card from the current format, so if you ever need help or don't know for sure what to specify, just PM me!

Can't wait for you to get to Shauntal! Think you could maybe do a Golurk and Drifblim for her when the time comes around?

Thank you for your help! :D
Of course both Golurk and Drifblim will be in Shauntals team, Jellicent and Cofagrigus will be in there as well ;)

Just pointing out.,

Reprint cards usually keep their wekness type, multiplier and even how much their resistance

You changed swamperts weakness type
Changed the the resistance damage of pidgeot n electrode

Anyway.. Love your idea

First card of the first DP miniset!

[Basic] Turtwig Lv. 10 HP60 [G]

turtwig.gif

[.] Nap
Remove 2 damage counters from Turtwig.

[G] Seed Bomb 40

Weakness: [R] +10
Resistance: [W] -20
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
Made from soil, the shell on its back hardens when it drinks water. It lives along lakes.

I seriously have no clue what's going on between Gadget and NameBlank but I'm just gonna roll with it..

[Stage 1] Jolteon HP110 [L] (Team Jax)

jolteon.gif

(Ability) Rivalry
If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a Team NameBlank Pokemon, each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Active Pokemon.

[L][L][C] Quick Shock 60
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is Paralyzed.

Resistance: [M] -20

[Stage 2] Greninja HP130 [D] (Team NameBlank)

greninja.gif

(Ability) Rivalry
If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a Team Jax Pokemon, each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Active Pokemon.

[D][D][C] Tongue Wrap 60
Your opponent's Active Pokemon can not retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Resistance: [P] -20

Rivalry should be worded "If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a Team - Pokemon, each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Defending/Active Pokemon." I'd suggest using Active instead of Defending just for balance.

NameBlank said:
Rivalry should be worded "If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a Team - Pokemon, each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the Defending/Active Pokemon." I'd suggest using Active instead of Defending just for balance.

Thank you and fixed! :D
The abilities is definetly the most tricky part when creating cards (at least to me), so I really appreciate you and everyone else helping me :)

NameBlank, bring it on. (Love my team colour btw ;))

[Basic] Steelix NB Lv. 40 HP110 [M]

steelix.gif

Team NameBlank's Pokemon

(Poke-BODY) Solid Metal
As long as Steelix NB is your Active Pokemon, any damage by an opponent's attack is reduced by 30 (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[M][M][C] Heavy Drop 60
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: [R] x2
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

[LEVEL-UP] Steelix NB Lv.X HP150 [M]

mega-steelix.png

(POKE-Body) Sand Force
Each of your [F] Pokemon and [M] Pokemon attacks does 30 more damage to your the Defending Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[M][M][M][C][C] Big-Jaw Crush 130-
Does 130 damage minus 10 damage for each damage counter on Steelix NB.

Put this card onto your Active Steelix NB. Steelix NB Lv. X can use any attack, Poké-Power, or Poké-Body from its previous Level.

Weakness: [R] x2
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C][C]

Back