Status Effect Deck

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
I know some of this could fit into that "Is there a card that does _____ thread" thread, but this is more of a "Is there a deck that can do ______" question.

Back in 2006 I made a {G} deck for a buddy that ran a Venusaur with Energy Transfer as well as some Metapods with the "your {G} pokemon don't have a weakness" that relied on slapping some hardcore status effects on the defending pokemon like double poison, paralysis, sleep, and even several of them combined. Then there was a pokemon that did more damage if the defending pokemon was affected by multiple conditions. It was sick and I really enjoyed demoralizing my opponents with the deck. :cool:

I have looked a little bit on the Card Dex on the official Pokemon site for stuff like that but I haven't found much. Do you guys know of any nasty {G} pokemon that can hand out some crazy status conditions while still having enough HP and doing enough damage to be considered decent?

The new nine tails is also good but it isn't grass types, though its like leafeon and better IMO. Plus amoongus and some other status inflicting pokemon. Thats a fun status condition deck. They don't necessarily have to be grass types I think. Some others can be pretty good too. Try looking at the poke beach main page and looking at the BW sets and some of the sets released in Japan that haven't been released here yet.

Trainerhan1 said:
Leafeon, Roserade, and Amoongus is adecent special condition based deck.
Technically, it's Leafeon, plus Roserade OR Amoonguss, but you can use both. However, there is one thing you must not overlook, and that is Vileplume. Why? All your opponent has to do is play Switch and all of your hard work is ruined. The cute little flower blocks that completely, forcing your opponent to either retreat (which might not be possible) or try to attack (which for confusion might not be possible either).

Another good Special Condition deck is Vanilluxe NV + Vileplume. It works very similarly, except it has need of only the Paralysis special condition. With Fliptini giving Vanilluxe's trademark Double Freeze only a 6% chance of failure, you can effectively guarantee that your opponent will be paralyzed forever, unable to attack.

Hmm... seems fast and nasty (Amoonguss and Leafeon). What would you guys consider adding to that for some heavy-hitting power? Meganium Prime? What do you guys think of Victreebel from Triumphant? And using Meganium Prime to move all the energy to a Roserade could be nice... :D

Meganium Prime is far too clunky to even consider using. Sure that Poke-Power is great, but in the end it just takes up space. (Roserade doesn't even need energy moved to it either; the energy will be all there already.)
And as for heavy-hitting? Um, Leafeon can do 100 damage for only {C} energy after an Amoonguss drop, and not very many things hit harder than that.

And for an extra gimmick in the deck, you can use an Espeon Prime or 2. Why? Since Espeon Prime can draw attacks from any Eeveelution you have in play, it can draw Miasma Wind for 100 damage...but against Mewtwo EX, a great threat to any deck, that becomes 200 due to weakness. Easy kill. (Attach a Rescue Energy to Espeon to be even more annoying, but you can just as easily attach {G} for Soothing Scent.)

Lilligant EP is good it can paralyze stuff, confuse too and poison them (paralyze and poison/confuse . You will need fliptini to operate properly though. Also Vileplume would be useful if using liligant because it can lock their active pokemon there (if paralyzed) then retret to Leafeon/Espeon and hit them hard with Maisa Wind for at least 100. :)
Edit:
Forgot Roserade and Amoongas (whats the spelling of the big mushroom?).

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Meganium Prime is far too clunky to even consider using. Sure that Poke-Power is great, but in the end it just takes up space. (Roserade doesn't even need energy moved to it either; the energy will be all there already.)
And as for heavy-hitting? Um, Leafeon can do 100 damage for only {C} energy after an Amoonguss drop, and not very many things hit harder than that.

And for an extra gimmick in the deck, you can use an Espeon Prime or 2. Why? Since Espeon Prime can draw attacks from any Eeveelution you have in play, it can draw Miasma Wind for 100 damage...but against Mewtwo EX, a great threat to any deck, that becomes 200 due to weakness. Easy kill. (Attach a Rescue Energy to Espeon to be even more annoying, but you can just as easily attach {G} for Soothing Scent.)

Hmm, nice! Still, what do you think of Victreebel from Triumphant? 30 damage isn't a whole lot but if they don't switch out (retreat is {C}{C} more so they likely won't be retreating), then you're looking at 50 to 70 damage on their active by the time it's your turn again for just {G}{C}. It only has 110 HP but the attack heals 30 damage from Victreebel.

I do like that Espeon too, so that's cool.

Thanks for the info!

Mm, Victreebel! Yes, he's a big time annoyer and doesn't need all that much energy to function, and given both an Item-Lock and a +2 to the opponent's Retreat Cost you can be pretty sure they aren't going anywhere.
The tricky bit about Victreebel is that it's a Stage 2 and it's only got 110 HP or so. Then again, Leafeon has only 90, so who am I to complain? Given some continual Amoonguss drops (or Roserade confusion) you can guarantee they won't be going much of anywhere.
However, what is more tricky is setting up a new Victreebel after the first one falls. Leafeon is a bit easier to do in that regard since it's a Stage 1; Victreebel is hampered somewhat for being one stage higher. However, don't let that turn you off - as you said, Victreebel does keep itself alive, and very well at that! It's definitely worth a shot.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Mm, Victreebel! Yes, he's a big time annoyer and doesn't need all that much energy to function, and given both an Item-Lock and a +2 to the opponent's Retreat Cost you can be pretty sure they aren't going anywhere.
The tricky bit about Victreebel is that it's a Stage 2 and it's only got 110 HP or so. Then again, Leafeon has only 90, so who am I to complain? Given some continual Amoonguss drops (or Roserade confusion) you can guarantee they won't be going much of anywhere.
However, what is more tricky is setting up a new Victreebel after the first one falls. Leafeon is a bit easier to do in that regard since it's a Stage 1; Victreebel is hampered somewhat for being one stage higher. However, don't let that turn you off - as you said, Victreebel does keep itself alive, and very well at that! It's definitely worth a shot.

Cool. I think I might run a Lefeon/Espeon/Amoonguss/Victreebel deck. Should be sweet. :D

Back