Staryu, Starmie from ‘Pokemon Card 151’!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Staryu and Starmie were officially revealed from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Staryu – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[W][C] Swift: 30 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance, or by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Starmie – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Staryu
Ability: Aquatic Enigma
Once during your turn, you may put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. If...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
oh Starmie would've had a lot of potential if the ability let it return to your hand so you could cycle it with benched Staryus, just like the Drizzile cyle but yeah

this is way to dimminishing reward. could have been cool if you were puting in deck. but that would have been the same as rebel clash flapple which saw no play. Flapple also had turfield stadium and 2 increadible attackers in the same evolution line from evolving skies

In general I am a fan of it when the artist stays the same during the evolutionary line in a set. These two I like especially though, because of the detail in background. Wished our tidepools where that busy with life.
Seems like that will be a "theme" in this set. So far, all evolutionary lines showed had the same artist drawing all the pokémon (except the exs).

I can't hate a Flapple side grade. No deck I ever cooked with Flapple ever actually worked out, but I've got more hope for this one due to Rescue Carrier synergy.

I actually really like this card, I think going to the discard pile is way better than going to the deck like Flapple did (granted, going right back to the hand would be preferred, but hey I'll take what I can get).
Starmie can work well with Rescue Carrier, or Zoroark to potentially get a lot of value out of a single Starmie! Pretty interesting stuff at the very least.

Reactions: Bid
Yes but Flapple was only fun with Sableye V, working this in a deck to just do chip damage doesnt seem any fun, unless I'm forgetting one of the newly revealed cards. hopefully we get a new "chip damage = big boom" card.

... wait is Crabominal V still in rotation, that was basically the same thing with a worse attack cost if I recall.

I really wish they would make better single-prize Starmies, but maybe it will see play if it finds the right deck, I suppose.

I really wish they would make better single-prize Starmies, but maybe it will see play if it finds the right deck, I suppose.
I really have no faith in this card. It seems like it'd be good but when you need immediate chip damage waiting a turn can be detrimental.

I really have no faith in this card. It seems like it'd be good but when you need immediate chip damage waiting a turn can be detrimental.
Yeah, I have serious doubts too considering Flapple never did anything except in meme decks. Also, it would've been nice if they'd given it free retreat like some Starmies have had, just as a little bonus.

I can see this being splashed (lol) in a Zoroark deck for rounding numbers, but otherwise yeah it's a bad flapple

If you're really crazy about it, you can pull it off potentially 8 times with a 4/4 line and 4 Rescue Carrier. At that point you're probably better off running a 4/4 Sobble/Inteleon with 4 Rare Candy, alas that takes up bench space. Too bad Nessa rotated too, that could have enabled it even further.

Meowscarada could probably use this, but a stage 1 line is a lot of room to give up especially, hawlucha might still be the better option

In general I am a fan of it when the artist stays the same during the evolutionary line in a set. These two I like especially though, because of the detail in background. Wished our tidepools where that busy with life.
This is how I've been feeling, they just keep taking the art side of the game in better and better directions.

Back