Stalling

Celebi23 said:
Makes total sense. I at least like to think I'm always playing at the same pace, so I didn't really think that people might just do otherwise on habit/instinct. But I still feel like you should have that same momentum while you'll shuffling up for game 2. At the very least, that shuffle shouldn't take longer than the one at the beginning of the match.

But how many of them would cough up a win to be -what you consider- "ethical". Using a stealth bomber to take out a target in the military isn't exactly "valiant" by some peoples' accounts. But I don't see any country who still dresses out their military in neon red uniforms and marches onto an open battlefield in a straight line with muskets. When it comes down to that pressure moment, I believe 95% of people will do whatever it takes to win.

Rikko, those military tactics are used to save lives. Stalling is a frowned upon way to win in a children's card game. Big difference.
Just play the game the way that it's meant to be played people.

It's called a metaphor. Come on. Don't take metaphors literally. And either way, my point is still valid.

Rikko145 said:
It's called a metaphor. Come on. Don't take metaphors literally. And either way, my point is still valid.
It is called a faulty metaphor. Metaphors are used to compare two like things. As shown by Ty, your metaphor is faulty. Your argument is still invalid.

Both show two situations in which a part uses whatever means necessary, deemed right or wrong by others, to achieve an ultimate goal. But, back on topic, I believe pretty much everybody will still take a win via time when it comes their way.

Right but winning a match in a children's card game and protecting your country and the lives of the people in it are two non-comparable things. A better comparison would be this: imagine a soccer game where one player is completely running the opposing team and without that player, your team would win for sure. Now, is it ethical/fair/whatever you want to call it to give yourself a red card to beat that player up and remove him from the game, just so your team can get a win?

Also, there's a difference between getting a win on time and playing to win on time.

Back