SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I didn't know it was a glitch; Peach can float normally. :F

Yeah, you get a notice for Classic on Intense with one Life, but it's not worth it for me.

PMJ, CD Factory for your stickers? :/

Lol at those Match notices Pory, those seem impossible.

dmaster out.

I don't know what level I got the Red Paratroopa on, but it helps if you have someone to help carry the trophy stand while you eliminate enemies, or hold the trophy stand and wail on the enemies with you with B moves (Meta Knight is pretty good at this).

What is a cd factory :[

Five to go, by the way :>

You guys are getting trophies fast. How can you have the game done faster than I can finish Mario Party DS? I have it nearly all finished but I am just comparing it to Brawl because I got it 3 weeks after Brawl came out.:)

Holy frijole. Pory has shown me what a CD factory is and my god it is the most awesomest thing ever. I've already gotten one of the five I need from doing it and I'm farming as I type.

Trophies aren't that hard to get, actually. SSE-exclusives aside, most were obtained via the Coin Launcher for me. You can also get them from doing SSE (green boxes) and All-Star. Then there's the trophies you get as prizes... so yeah... not too difficult. Just time-consuming.

edit: Just got one more - Squirtle. Three to go :D

i need an explination. i know that places with flags are incomplete. but whenever i get them complete, i dont get any more percentage. why? i currently have 85%. i gained 1% for finishing 3 parts. the whole skyworld and the plain. someone please explain.

You missed a trophy and/or orange box on the level. Getting 100% doesn't earn you anything aside from the trophies you collect doing it. Just a warning.

But there are some guides on GameFAQs that should help with 100%. Just remember, you need all hidden trophies in addition to the orange boxes.

Getting 100% is hard to do. There are a ton of paths to take to get boxes, and I'm pretty sure you've got to get all Boss Trophies and such in a level if there are any to get it.

PMJ, search on YouTube. CD Factory is really old news...

dmaster out.

It must be almost the same way as the lottery in Melee. At least that is what it sounds like to me. I would like to see you guys play in action. Post some videos so I can see some of your matches if you can.:)

To sasukefan: The percentage didn't go up because the game rounds to the nearest whole number. There are well over 100 things to do and find in the Subspace Emissary, so simply getting a few things don't raise the percentage so much, if at all. Some things are also worth more than others, depending on how much trouble it is to do it; Orange Cubes don't add up a lot and I think contributes about 0.2%, but finishing the Great Maze adds something like 23%.

To PMJ: Thanks anyway. I don't have anyone over here at this university to play it with, since I don't quite fit in with the locals and Nintendo is a conversation topic people want to avoid. I'll wait until I go back home so I can play co-op.

Today I found an interesting little glitch while Brawling.

Choose Marth, put on only Smash Balls, and go against the Ice Climbers. Get the Final Smash as Marth, use it, and purposely miss. By doing this, a few of the game animations will slow down. It's interesting though, because only some of the animations will slow down, but the game still runs at the same speed. It just looks really cool. Keep in mind that Nana needs to be alive when you miss with the Final Smash, and once Nana is killed the animations will return to normal.

I'm not quite sure why this glitch happens, but it looks pretty cool.

[ChanseyMaster]

It must be a glitch that they missed. They will probably patch that one soon once they know about it. It does sound pretty sweet though.:)

i have a kind of unnecessary question, but is there any way to dodge the red beams tabuu releases i always get tossed out by just touching it and i get very frustrated...

I think they're called off-beams or something...

They are. You shield and roll. You have to dodge all three beams though, something I've yet to do. I can dodge one or two. :0

dmaster out.

Is he like beating Master Hand or is it harder than that? If it is then use your shield and avoid them at all costs. He sounds pretty hard to beat.:) You could also Google his name to get hints and tips to beat him. There is always a weak spot. Try your best to go for it and avoid at all costs. You probably have to be quick. Also study his attack pattern. At some point he will give you a chance to strike. When it is open try to strike his weak spot. It you have to wait it out and avoid until you can hit then do it. Also keep an eye on your life meter and make sure you don't get hit too many times. I don't have the game yet but from an experienced past Smash Bros player this is what you have to do on all boos dudes in the game. It is frustrating yes but eventually you will get it. Sometimes it happens by accident too.:)

lol, "roll"? Yeah, obviously you get hit...

To avoid the red rings of doom, just hold shield and press down every time a ring's about to hit you, you'll do a sidestep-dodge and gain invisibility frames. That being said, you might as well consider using sidestep-dodges in real battles too.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
lol, "roll"? Yeah, obviously you get hit...
No. A roll dodge.
You can use either roll dodges, sidestep dodges, or air dodges to avoid the off waves.

[ChanseyMaster]

No, Spoon, really, it's not.

I figured out about rolling to dodge them way before I ever tried sidestepping. The first few times I did it, I got hit, but now, I never get hit by those Off-Waves when using the roll dodge. Sidestepping is just too hard to time for me. :S

Rolling is one easy way to dodge them, so that's why I said that. That was also the strategy that everyone said once the game came out. >__>

dmaster out.

You better practice one way or another because getting hit with them on Intense is a one hit kill ^_^ Blink and you're dead! :D

I utilized roll dodges to avoid them. Seems like the easiest method. You have to just get a consistent rhythm going: tap, tap, tap. Wait until you first see the waves, then tap, tap, tap. It obviously takes a little practice since you have almost no time to dodge them, but once you get the rhythm down, you'll never get hit again. :)

Back