SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Brawl thread/characters.

Oh right. I forgot about those. Now that you think of it, they may have a couple levels from Melee... I could see Final Destination getting in due to its popularity and all-around awesomeness.

And Bowser is smaller than Palkia. Much smaller, by five or six feet I'd say. That's not "like the same."

As stated numerous times by me before, I would absolutely LOVE Nintendo if that last 3rd party slot was taken up by someone from Castlevania. Namely Alucard or Soma Cruz. I think, in regards to people getting taken out, that many are overreacting. They aren't going to eliminate TOO many characters, because as far as I know they are only adding about 10-12 (can't find the source, but something I read somewhere...sometime, said that the final roster would see about 35-40 characters).

I did like the vast improvements in level selection from the original SSB to SSBM. Levels that transformed, moved around, or rotated were really cool, and I hope that they try some more new stuff this time.

In addition, I'd also like to see a revamped camera mode. I absolutely HATED the mode in Melee, and I think it should utilize the Wii remote, that way someone could be playing and someone else could snapshot the pictures.

Or they could insert a Wii Mode, which could work like Single Button Mode did in Melee. You'd use only the buttons on the remote and to jump you'd have to jerk the remote upwards or something. It wouldn't be too deep, but I think it'd be fun, lol.

Also, a better tournament mode. Having to cycle through everyone's matches (even if you skip watching them) takes longer than it should. And I can't remember if you received prizes or anything from the Tournaments in Melee, but prize rewards like trophies would be nice.

I loved seeing what I think is Pit's level in the second trailer... there are platforms that actually break apart! How they break or if/when they regenerate isn't known, but the fact that they do break and are unavailable for a time is pretty sweet.

Also, in what is probably Meta Knight's level, the Halberd is seen flying around in the background, which gives it kind of a Final Destination feel.

Combo that with some souped-up graphics, and you've got some sweet looking levels. =D

I think that there should be an option to snap a picture just from pausing the game. Like how there's the option to reset (L R A start), there should be an option to snap a picture and save it. There have been numerous, nay, countless times I've been playing against my brother and we pause it for any reason and think, "Wow, that would be a good picture, TOO BAD WE'RE NOT IN CAMERA MODE." I think an addition like that would be tight.

And while I'm on the subject of the camera, I'd like to add that I did hate the actual camera mode. You needed at least three people to take a picture... not fun.

The Halberd level (from what I've seen so far) kind of disappointed me.
All you see is a plane flying around in the background with one measly platform.

Plus, I have a feeling they'll change it once again, just because they have so far. I've always wanted it to look like the Bowser levels in Super Mario 64, with the bombs all around the stage. (They wouldn't do anything, but they'd look cool)

[ChanseyMaster]

I suppose a level like that would be neat. Maybe not as a normal smash level, but kind of a sub level, like you do when doing those events for trophies in Melee (Goomba, Entei, Majora's Mask).

And some of those bombs are indeed close enough that they could blow up a player if they were thrown into them (and if Mario throws Bowser, he does his little "So long eh Bowser" or whatever from SM64. ;)).

So, whats that suppose to mean so he's a little bigger than bowser they ARE PRACTICALY the same

Okay you just don't get it.

There is, at LEAST, a FIVE-FOOT DIFFERENCE IN HEIGHT between Palkia and Bowser. Saying that makes them practically the same is like saying Snorlax and Groudon are the same weight because they're both big Fatty McFatFats.

They aren't the same. Not even close. Big difference, a SIGNIFICANT difference in height.

And this is just assuming Mario is the size of a normal adult male, I'd say about six feet tall.

But what if Mario isn't normal size? What if Luigi's normal, and Mario's unusually short, say, 5'7"? That would mean Bowser is only seven, seven-and-a-half feet tall, which means an even bigger difference in height.

Sorry, but you lose. There is no denying it, you cannot say they are practically the same height when they are, in reality, not even close to being similar.

I personally wouldn't mind if Chuck Norris was a character.

Pory edit: HUR HUR HUR. WE NEED GOKU IN DIS GAME.

Here is a picture of Destiny hero dogma

Attachments

• dp05-en007.jpg
    dp05-en007.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 15

GOKU MOVESET

Charge B - kamehameha, which will always defeat the foe if used when goku is near death
all other combinations - super saiyan level 4 combination, all attacks have major knockback and do 400% damage cuz goku is THE ORIGINAL and you just cannot defeat goku. (insert dbz fanboy who will speak about the numerous times Goku has died, not realizing that this whole post is a joke)

Oh, and goku can't get killed because:

1. he can fly
2. all attacks just bounce off him, do you see how grunts just punch and kick goku and he's all 'lawl' and then does a blast and they die.:)

/endtehfunnies

about SSB levels not being in SSBM, there is another, an updated Mushroom Kingdom, Please people quit calling people names, and do you think Mushroom Kingdom II will be in it? i hope so.

Do you think that a regi could make it into the game? They have a human like form, and I could imagine one with a move set...

Regi-anything's chances of being playable in Brawl: 0%

And just to drive my point home, Regi-whatever stands a better chance than the following characters of being playable in Brawl:

-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Amy Rose
-Knuckles the Echidna
-Any character from any Sonic game ever made for any system whose name ISN'T "Sonic the Hedgehog"
-ANYTHING from YGO
-Chuck Norris
-Goku

This list is not exclusive.

Oh, and SSB Mushroom Kingdom and Melee's Mushroom Kingdom are not the same. IIRC, they're not even close to being the same. Only the theme is the same.

MKII makes me want to break things. I hate that level, matches are so quick it's amazing.

Jack Bauer should be in it. His special attack could black out the screen for 4 seconds while a giant clock goes "BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP" and when the screen comes back on, everyone but Jack Bauer is dead.

Hire me now, Nintendo!

24 is a freaking sweet show though, all silliness aside.

I received my issue of EGM today, and while I haven't looked through every SINGLE page yet, I saw nothing about Melee, other than the fact that Nintendo will be releasing it (most likely) in the Fall, which we all knew already. *sigh*

I like the Regi idea, Mushroom Kingdom II is a great island, what about Gameboy? being a playable character like Mr. Game and Watch,

B: Sends a beam through the Game holder.
Up B: A Double Jump
Down B: Electronic Disable
Right/Left B: A Gameboy Game Attack, like Peach's radish move, the game depends on the damage.

ok for one chukey is not going to be in it and for two how do you know if nintendo is going to resize palkia or not so i say leave palkia
alone

chances of nintendo changing the size of palkia(99.999999999999999999999999999999999) chances so be it

but sth,

there is only 1 problem with your idea.

PALKIA WILL NOT BE A PC IN BRAWL. there is a 0% chance that he's going to be a playable character.

hmm goku:

B: kamahamaha (charge up like roy's fire slash)
v b: super sayan (can only use once per match) he is untouch able for 1 minute.
^ b: smash jump he just jumps and hit's like mario's coin attack.
< and > b: a quick smash kick or somehting.

and mewtwo_93 the game boy wont be a pc but it would be funny to see it :p

You guys have good ideas and I would like to see some levels from melee return like the 2 pokemon levels I mentioned yesterday and I would like to see samus's and the other level that you fight metal mario and metal luigi on in melee return that would be sweet. I think it is the battlefield or something like that.:)

Back