Spring 2016 Tins!

The Machamp artwork looks kind of weird but at least I'm glad for those who want a Machamp-Ariados deck can get it with a tin. The Mewtwo tin? Why the heck does Pokemon think we need another stinking Mewtwo EX? Oh well. At least it's the good one. And for the Shiny Gyarados tin, I think it's awesome. Very playable and the artwork it so cool!

I'm sad that I was wrong about the artwork and tins looking bad. They remind me of the D/P era tins, especially the Machamp one. Could that era be returning? I hope so.

I am very surprised they haven't yet released a Shaymin EX tin/promo, though I suppose the money they make from people trying to pull it out of RS outweighs the side of profit from tins/blisters.

I'll likely be only purchasing Red Gyra as it's nice artwork, not excited by Mewtwo at all, Machamp is at least different.
Since Shaymin is an EX, and there are a bunch of EXs to tin and Uxie was a normal card, Shaymin can't be tinned. Uxie was a league promo. No such thing can be done to an EX. And TPCi wants so much money from people opening RSK packs or buying from Troll and Toad. There are a bunch of EXs that haven't been tinned: Black Ballista Black Kyurem, Virizion, Genesect, Seismitoad, Manectric, etc. No surprise here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the Mewtwo tin looks great! So does the Shiny Gyrados one too! The Machamp one i'm not really looking forward to.

My choice would be between Mewtwo & the shiny Gyarados. But does anybody know which boosterpacks are inside? Not knowing that always holds me back from buying those tins.

that pack selection is odd, usually tin packs are 2 of newest set and 1 each of the sets before that so it should be 2 breakpoint, 1 breakthrough, 1 ancient origins.

Bah, they must be clearing old inventory with a pack mix like that.

I can't wait for the next round of tins though. Shiny Yveltal-EX and Shiny Xernaes-EX, right? Hoping Yveltal is a reprint of XY base Yveltal-EX so that Evil Ball will live past fall rotation. Baby Yveltal was already reprinted in Generations RC, so I'm highly hopeful.

I like the art on these tins! I know Machamp's fingers were bothering people before so hope this helps them out.

Also @Gyarados we get it you're shiny Lake of Rage Johto was great woo hoo

Bah, they must be clearing old inventory with a pack mix like that.

I can't wait for the next round of tins though. Shiny Yveltal-EX and Shiny Xernaes-EX, right? Hoping Yveltal is a reprint of XY base Yveltal-EX so that Evil Ball will live past fall rotation. Baby Yveltal was already reprinted in Generations RC, so I'm highly hopeful.
Unfortunately since we already have a tin promo Yveltal-EX reprint from Base XY I think this one may be new. Whether that means we will see a new Yveltal and Xerneas soon I'm not sure

However running shiny Yveltal-EXs in a dark deck is definitely appealing to me so I really hope you're right :)

As someone new, or more accurately newly returned after a 1.5 decade absence, what is MSRP on the tins usually?

I believe that the selection of packs is to help new players, BREAKpoint can help a deck based on Gyarados, Furious Fists to boost Machamp, and Primal Clash kinda helps both of them with the Archie and Maxie cards.

I agree, Shiny Gyarados is being a bit overused. I would love to see a regular Gyarados. I have seen so much shiny, I nearly forgot what Mega Gyarados' colors were! I really like the art on all of these though.

All the recent stars of sets are being overused. From Roaring Skies we got absolutely a TON of Rayquazas. Then in BREAKthrough we get like 5 Mewtwo-EXs and yet again they are being used here. Pokemon has a habit of this lately and it's getting annoying.

Back