Splatoon

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
The game has been out for a day now, so how do you guys feel about it?

I think this is one of the most creative games Nintendo has made in a long time. It is a blend of a beautiful art style, and engaging gameplay. This is the first Nintendo game were I have felt like the Online was actually usable. Also I can make my Inkling look like a hipster, and it is amazing. Campaign is minimal, and the worst part of the game.

What are your favorite weapons?

It's a lot of fun. Best new IP this year so far. But there's not nearly enough content that there should be in a $60 game. I don't care if it's coming in free updates later, the game feels lacking right now. There are only 5 maps (on rotation, it's not even random) and Ranked isn't even available yet. Weapons lack variety, there are only 4 unique weapon types.

Music is great though.

It's not lacking when you can only play for half an hour a day. It really doesn't seem to be binge friendly, though, so knowing the kind of people that utilize game forums... :p

This is a good game to play just for Dailies. I played through most of the campaign, and I am currently level 7. I would never play this 3-4 hours in a row like other games. If updates come through I think this game with definitely be my GOTY.

Ordered the Inkling Girl Amiibo, and I hope that will extend some of my playtime.

I haven't done Ranked Mode again since it launched. I didn't care for being killed by full 3-Star gear people until I reached the same. I'm still working on it a week later. I don't know what kind of time those people put into the game to have all of it then. :X

While I don't own the full game. (heck, I wish I had a Wii U almost just for this game now) but I have played it with the Nintendo Rep at Best Buy (slow days, but that's okay more Splatoon time for us!) for hours upon hours on almost all of the demo days. Even got to play a good portion of the single player mode. It's definitely a fun and quirky game. I'm glad to hear it's expanding too. I hope Nintendo keeps pressing on with this IP.

One of the best final bosses in any game I've ever played. That was absolutely phenomenal.

Also that theme though.

(don't worry, the Squid Sisters are not the final boss, it's just part of the theme)

The constant content will be critical for the long-term success of this game. I like the trickling of new features. I would rather have features rolled out than just given to us from the start. It makes the game feel more 'live' and keeps a steady level of hype. Something new to be excited for. In this day the second a game stops receiving updates or dlc it loses a lot of discussion. New content gets people talking about the game again, playing the game again, and for some to finally make the purchase because the new content they hear about is at no extra cost.

No doubt a lot of this content has been held back, but I am fine with that because the game itself is so refreshing and deep it can hold it's own, whereas a more typical shooter couldn't. These shooters need the extra modes/features as the means to differentiate themselves. This is why the complaints of lack of content is more of a gripe than a full on outcry for Splatoon. E3 will be a good time to show off all the cool new stuff we can look forward to.

We've gotten new weapons, maps, and game modes, but we still have yet to receive new clothing. Exciting, I would love Nintendo themed wearables.

Last edited:
sucks for me because my internet is horrible(stuck on hughesnet) so I cannot play online. It looks so fun though.

Back