Collecting Specific Pokémon Cards You Like to Collect

I'm collecting XY Promos, Flashfire-on URs and SRs, and BCR to LTR Secret Rares

I also have a complete Radiant Collection just because

I collect a few different ways.

The first way is promos. Staring from wizards promos all the way to the present XY ones. That includes league promos and Japanese one that don't make it to the U.S. and these are the ones that are the hardest and often most expensive to come by. This does include Radiant Collection (and will include the lengendary set), cards that are differently holographic than the set cards and trainer kit exclusive cards.

The second is a live cardex. I do this for every generation and for each type, this might be s giveaway considering the alternate typing thread I have going on this forum too. I usually just go for wharver I like. I prefer my cards to be shiny, regular holographic if at all possible and reverse holo if not. I can only think of like four or five cards that I've had to make exceptions for for the sake of the cardex. I also include EX cards and megas. It has a separate section for all the special cards like full arts, shiny Pokemon, crystal Pokemon and prime Pokemon.

The third way though very minimal right now is alternate art cards. Like for example the Xerneas EX from XY and the tin Xerneas EX or the Rayquaza's that were in Dragon's Vault and Legendary Treasures.

I collected back when we only had 152 pokemon, and I had seeeeveral staples I collected, but predominantly it was Ivysaur, Pikachu for teh lulz, Vulpix/Ninetales, Ponyta/Rapidash, Tangela, Gyarados, Chansey Electabuzz, Magmar, and the Eeveelutions. When I ran out of first editions, regulars, then shadowless to find, I had moved on to collecting different language ones... Like, I have an entire page of different languaged Ponytas (my fave weirdo cards being Norwegian and German)... then I stopped altogether because e-readers looked HORRIBLE with their design... Well, that, and high school/college kinda kept me distracted.

I got back into collecting and am trying to catch up again as of October, by finding baby evolutions and further evolutions, as well as collecting cards that just LOOK KOOL. I've been able to buy up a lot of the old collection boxes on Amazon to get neat promos as well as my hands on reasonably priced booster packs of old stuff inside them. My new loves are Milotic, Altaria, Serperior, Gothitelle chain, Malamar, Diancie and have re-fallen in love with Articuno. I'm 220 episodes in on the anime and am watching the movies when they fall in with the series, so I'm catching up on a lot of neat stuff!

Needless to say my collection is split between two binders, Pokemon #1-152 (including their baby and later numbered evolutions) in a 3" binder and my Pokemon #153-oblivion in a 4" binder to keep my organization straight and so my binders don't puke the card pages. I have a neat method of penny-sleeving my cards so they don't let your cards get scuffed and ruined on top if anyone is interested... although I've noticed from the thousands of trades I've probably done in my life, I'm the only one who takes care of their cards from the point of opening them from a pack. I had a dude tell me he wished my shadowless raichu (or something, I forget) were in better condition, when all of his holos and bulk were all in the same box getting knocked around. I reeeealllly wanted to tell him that the reason it wasn't good quality was because I had the bad fortune of finding only one trader way back in the day who did the same thing with their cards as he was doing to his. (The card he wanted had barely any scratches in that delicate foil and on the back it had a couple flecks of white on the edges, but otherwise it was in great condition{because I shove mine into sleeves immediately}, while I was trying to just ~have~ their secret holo Milotic that looked like it had been chewed AND pulled out of the teeth of a binder)...

Eerrrrunexpected rant overrr lol

I think I should really collect the Fletchling Line, and possibly Espurr/Meowstic; I love all of them and they're all relatively inexpensive, so I wonder how hard it would be to collect Japanese singles of each. (I have an Espurr from Wild Blaze, at least.)

I love any full arts and general EX cards that I can get my stubby little paws on.

As for specific Pokemon, Suicune, Skitty, Flygon, Swampert, Keldeo and of course, Shaymin.

I like collecting Entei, Miltank, Misdreavus line, and I'm a MegaMan fan so I like to collect Hitoshi Ariga cards too.

Magikarp!
Have at least one of each art ^_^
Also collect as many as possible. Up to about 300 Karp cards

I'm trying to collect three of each Serperior card released in English, picking up Japanese versions when I have the money (but I prioritize the English ones). I also collect Espeon (as I used to be EspeonROX on this site) and am trying to collect Espeon in multiples of nine. Except for Espeon Gold Star. I already have one of those. I don't plan on dropping four digits for eight more.

Well, I've almost completed my EN Fletchling collection already (both normal and reverse)! The only one I still need is the Phantom Forces Fletchling, in both Normal and Reverse. I hope they print an Ancient Trait one...
For Espurr, I haven't been able to get a hold of a Normal Meowstic yet, but I have the Wild Blaze Espurr/Meowstic line. I should look into getting my hands on the Promo Meowstic, but that's not as high priority. When I've collected Fletchling and Espurr/Meowstic, I think I'll try Talonflame!

I'm mainly collecting E-Series & Neo Holos, R/S/E EX's and the Legend Sets. I'm not a big fan of the D/P sets, and I think the B/W & X/Y sets look awful in general.

The only problem is that the cards that I'm collecting tend to be a little too expensive in the long run (I only collect mint/PSA 9+ for ultra rares and holos), so I have to limit my spendings.

As for specific Pokemon I'd have to say Latios or Latias, Lugia & Ho-oh and Charizard

It's been a long while since I've brought any cards, but I loved whenever I got any cards with Darkrai, Cresselia, Zoroa, Zoroark, Garbador, Deoxys, Rayquaza, and Skarmory. Their designs have just appealed to me and I really want to get complete card sets for each of these Pokemon.

I collect Purrloin a lot; like half a binder of just Purrloins so far, thanks partially to having bought 3 Plasma Storm booster boxes. I also collect Solrock and Leafeon. I started collecting Meloetta at one point but my binder became flooded with her EX's thanks to LTR's insane pull rates, so I stopped with her for now. :p

I also like collecting reverse energies... but who doesn't. :p

Oddly, I like collecting cards with the art drawn by Kouki Saitou. (did I spell that right? *checks cards* yup)
I've liked his art ever since I got a Water-Type Arceus card way back when. :p
As for specific Pokémon, I enjoy collecting Volcarona, Larvesta, and Ninetales.
That's just because I like them a lot, and Volcarona is one of the top cards in my deck. I need a Volcarona EX. ^o^

My favorite Pokémon is Bulbasaur (obviously) and Gengar comes in second so I have multiple cards of those two. As for other cards, I am biased towards the WotC cards since the sets they made are like a trip down memory lane for me and it was also at this time that I started with the TCG. Nonetheless, I still collect the newer cards, particularly the EX ones and the full arts since they did not have those during my time.

Klinklang.
Its my favorite pokemon since it was my 1st competitive deck that I did well with. Still needs an EX though :(

Usually along the lines of my favorite Pokémon. I won't name the whole list, but I love to collect cards of Charizard, Lugia, Luxray, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Latios/Latias, Zoroark, Lucario, Yveltal... the list goes on!

I love to collect any kind of bird Pokémon card, because those have mostly amazing artwork and aren't that bad to build a deck with. If I had to name specific Pokémon, I'd say Lugia, Pidgeot, the three legendary birds (of course), Honchcrow and any of the others. I also like to collect Rayquaza cards, because they, too, have amazing artwork. I always go out of my way to get these.

Back