Special Energies for Each Type

daviduk2000

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so just for fun I though we could brainstorm over the special energies for every type. Since it looks like we might be getting them for each type here's what I would like to see Including an alternative to grass and fighting.

Each of these I chose with the idea they can only be attached to their respective types.

Shock Energy (electric) - when attached place 1 damage counter on one of your opponents pokemon
Refuel Energy (Fire) - you don't need to discard this to pay an attack cost.
Rain energy (water) - when you attach this energy you may also attach another basic energy this turn
Flush energy (water) - when attached to active pokemon you may switch it with a bench pokemon.
Metal energy (steel) - reprint of old one reduce damage received by 10
Metal energy (steel) - when this pokemon is damaged you may discard all energy to prevent it.
Cloak energy (Dark) - cannot be the target of opponents effects, trainers, attacks while on bench.
Rage energy (dragon) - provides 1 of every type of energy but only one at a time.
Pink energy (fairy) - provides 2 fairy energy
Triple energy (colourless) - provide 3 colourless energy

Refresh energy (grass) - this pokemon is immune to special conditions
Break energy (fighting) - attacks from this pokemon aren't effected by resistance.

RE: Special energies for each type.

Figured I'd put in my two cents...

Rubber Energy (Colorless): During your turn, if this energy is attached to something on your bench, you may move it to your active Pokemon.

Bazooka Energy (Fire): Provides 2 [R] Energy. Can only be attached to [R] Pokemon. Inbetween turns, place 1 damage counter on the Pokemon this energy is attached to.

Magnetic Energy (Lightning): Can only be attached to [L] Pokemon. During your turn, you may return the Pokemon this card is attached to your hand, but discard any other cards attached to it.

Since lots of fairy attacks are about reducing incoming damage (either by healing yourself or preventing damage) I would expect:

Moon Energy: The fairy pokemon this is attached to takes -10 damage from incoming attacks.

If Aromatisse decks could get 4 of these into play then they really support the playstyle of surviving ohkos and healing off damage, whilst keeping all energies in play.

daviduk2000 said:

Holy cow, that would be as broken as hell! D: Imagine Pokés like M-Kanga, Lugia-EX and such... D:

I like the double fairy energy one and the Dragon one (that might actually make dragons playable again). I'd like to see an energy that lets you draw cards (maybe 2) when you attach it. Another would be an energy with a catcher like effect (maybe for Dark?).

EDIT: Another energy that would be cool would be one with a crushing hammer effect.

Luispipe8 said:
daviduk2000 said:

Holy cow, that would be as broken as hell! D: Imagine Pokés like M-Kanga, Lugia-EX and such... D:

My M-Kanga would be happy with that energy Lol

pokedan24 said:
I like the double fairy energy one and the Dragon one (that might actually make dragons playable again). I'd like to see an energy that lets you draw cards (maybe 2) when you attach it. Another would be an energy with a catcher like effect (maybe for Dark?).

EDIT: Another energy that would be cool would be one with a crushing hammer effect.
That would be simply BROKEN

Yeah the Ex's would get a real kick out of it but there. Are loads of ex counters .
There aren't many competitive none EX colourless cards. A triple energy could help there. Boufallant would be great with it :)

All of these would make the game really fast. I thought strong energy was too good, but Triple Energy and Rain Energy are really good. Also with Rain Energy I would be able to attach another energy because it doesn't exclusively say "Basic Energy". I could get 5 energy on any pokemon on Turn 1 if I had a good hand. I may be wrong but it is fun to think about.

Back