South Carolina Meta?

bossgivol

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I'm new to the game and just figured out what the meta game means. Does anybody know what the meta game is like in South Carolina? I really nervous about cities and bringing the wrong deck. Thx

The point of a "meta call" is based off of what decks you personally see before the event.
In my local meta, I know there is a lot of yveltal decks, but at certain tournaments (like cities and states) there will be a different meta from a variety of new/different players. I make my decisions at the event based off of what decks many people are playing.

As an example, lets say I have 3 decks: Metal, VirGen, and Donphan
I go to a medium sized cities tournament and there's a lot of people playing Yveltal and VirGen. I can cross off VirGen off my list because it has OK matchups to yveltal and the mirror match up. I can also cross off Metal as it is subpar to yveltal and OK against VirGen. The 'play' for me seems to be donphan as it has a great match up to VirGen, and an OK yveltal matchup.

As for knowing the SC meta, I don't know that sorry. If you are concerned about bringing the wrong deck, bring all of your competitive decks with decklists. This is so that when you get at the event you can figure out which deck you want to play without having made a poor decision after you left your house. If you bring printed decklists, also bring a blank one in case if you want to make some last minute deck list changes, like changing out a tech card for a megaphone if a lot of garbodor is floating around.
Hope this helped!
~Elbow

If it's anything like NC, then lots of Yveltal and Donphan, and little to no VirGen and Seismitoad.

Also I want to correct this just so you don't get the wrong idea.
Elbow said:
I go to a medium sized cities tournament and there's a lot of people playing Yveltal and VirGen. I can cross off VirGen off my list because it has OK matchups to yveltal and the mirror match up. I can also cross off Metal as it is subpar to yveltal and OK against VirGen. The 'play' for me seems to be donphan as it has a great match up to VirGen, and an OK yveltal matchup.

VG does not have a ok (it's a bad matchup) to Yveltal. Metal beats some Yveltal variants easily but not ones with Garb or hard charm. Metal destroys VG easily (and it beats Donphan). Donphan gets rekt by Yveltal.

grantm1999 said:
If it's anything like NC, then lots of Yveltal and Donphan, and little to no VirGen and Seismitoad.

Also I want to correct this just so you don't get the wrong idea.
Elbow said:

VG does not have a ok (it's a bad matchup) to Yveltal. Metal beats some Yveltal variants easily but not ones with Garb or hard charm. Metal destroys VG easily (and it beats Donphan). Donphan gets rekt by Yveltal.

I didn't really want any outputs on what decks are better than other decks in the format (your opinions are just as opinionated as mine and anyone else's). I wanted to show what a player might do at a smaller scale tournament if they have multiple decks and see a trend of the decks at the tournament.

Back