Ruling Sorting Your Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
I'm guessing this is the right section to post in...

I was just wondering how other people sort their cards. I have a binder with about 30 card sleeves that I share with my brother, and we used to arrange the cards in their numerical order. But the numbers aren't printed on the cards anymore and I don't think I have enough space to arrange them in set order. Any suggestions?

Abhorsen

Offically retired
I have 4 folders :p

1 folder has all my trades in it so i dont have to go searching through my other 3 folders. My trades folder is set out with Ex's 1st, then trainers I have for trade, then arranged in types. Newest set cards are put 1st with older stuff after them.

The other 3 folders are in Pokedex/Region order. So i got Kanto 1-151 (trainers then energies last), Johto 152-251 (unowns [alphabet order] after trainers) and Hoeen 252-386 (new unowns [alphabet order] after trainers).

Hmm, I didnt know my folder was so set out until I broke it down into all those separate parts, lol. I guess i'm a neat freak :D

PokeGuru

The loneliest hobo...
I just organise by set. I have a couple of folders with those UltraPro 9 pocket pages, and I find that each one will usually contain a full set, with room for some spares/EXs/POP promos at the back. When a set becomes unmodified, I put it in a shoebox, along with excess commons and uncommons.

No, I don't have that many feet - I just use shoeboxes I find around the house. :D

Gardevoir88

PSYCHIC DOOD
i have 3 folders and a box of common cards

1. All Base Set to skyridge
2. EX Binder
3. R/S-on

I put them in alphebetical order so i can find my careds easier:D

BoDragon

Aspiring Trainer
I usually sort my cards by set and by card number. Because of the amount of cards I acquire from 2 36-pack boxes and cards from a prerelesae, each set has its own binders, usually 2 to 3. The first binder is for Rare and Uncommon Pokémon, the second for Common Pokémon and the last for Trainer cards, Energy cards, Pokémon-ex and secret Rare cards. When I go to tournaments, I usually take my modified legal sets with me.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
^ Cool Rayquaza avatar Dj Lenz!!

I sort my cards with 3 binders-1 for the Pokedex (with cards from Base-Skyridge), another for Unseen Forces-Deoxys, and another for Delta Species, TRR Holos/FRLG Holos, and POP2.

Team Rocket Returns and Fire Red/Leaf Green I put in a booster box, the commons/uncommons anyways.

masterryanx

N
Well, I've done it a couple different ways in the past but now my cards are far from 'in order'. I've done them by Pokedex, set, level (when it was printed on the Wizards cards), Alphabetically, and by type.

DragoniteMaster

Aspiring Trainer
astral_boy said:

I was just wondering how other people sort their cards. I have a binder with about 30 card sleeves that I share with my brother, and we used to arrange the cards in their numerical order. But the numbers aren't printed on the cards anymore and I don't think I have enough space to arrange them in set order. Any suggestions?

Actually I sort mine by number and set and there is a number on the new cards there on one of the bottom corners I think its the left one but if not try the right one.:p

masterryanx

N
RE:  Sorting Your Cards

DragoniteMaster said:
astral_boy said:

Actually I sort mine by number and set and there is a number on the new cards there on one of the bottom corners I think its the left one but if not try the right one.:p

I was about to say that so I'll just confirm it yes on the newer cards there is a set number on the bottom right next to the set symbol. ;)

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
Oh, yes I knew the set number was there. But I don't have enough room to do them by set.

Thanks for all the replies! Haha, I never even considered having more than one folder. D'oh. That must get annoying though, coz when i go over to my friend's place I can barely fit the one folder in my bag. I used to keep the commons/uncommons that didn't fit along with the energies in my old theme deck boxes... however recently I realised I wanted them to be kept in good condition. My Zap! pack is almost split in two. :(

Some of you said you put energies in your binders... how do they all fit? Do you have one in each slot? That'd take up about fifty pages for grass energies alone, lol.

I think I'll buy another folder then. It's hard to find folders with three rings these days though. :S

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
I don't have many cards, so I keep my holos and exes in a folder, sorted by element, and the rest in a drawer.

Porygon

Strange Polygon Thing
I sort commons/uncommons/energies that I'm not using in this plastic...thing that was made to sort cards. Other than set, I don't sort them in any specific order. I put more useful cars in a cardboard Deoxys box that was released about a year ago. And all my EX cards and promos are in toploaders. Works out pretty well in the end for me, since I just hated resorting binders whenever I got new cards I wanted to put between old ones.

PokeGuru

The loneliest hobo...
Shoeboxes are so underrated when it comes to sorting excess cards - keep them safe, you'll always end up needing a shoebox someway or another!

As for energy, if its holo like the EM or WotC ones, then it goes in the folder - otherwise in another one of my shoeboxes of doom.

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
Set by card number.
However, I've run out of binder pages and intend to buy some when I happen to see them again as opposed to searching them out, and that probably won't happen for a while, so I'm having to keep my excess cards either in the first EX TCG tin (the one with the Meowth and Pikachu promos), or keep them inside their booster packs, as I'm doing with Delta Species.

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
Inside their booster packs? Damn... Does everyone keep their packets, then? (Sorry, I'm new to the site and though I've been playing since the cards came out I'm a novice when it comes to other people). I still have most of mine kept in a box... good memories.

POLOP

Aspiring Trainer
Well I have one folder (a fairly large one) in which I kepp all my commons and uncommons which I have some interest in.

Another smaller folder (one of those 4 card per page ones) that I keep all my trainers in.

Then another larger folder in which I keep all my ex's, holos and rares (only good rares).
I sort them in this folder by having my ex's first, then the rares and holos in their energy types eg fire then grass then fighting etc. All my junk cards I just stick in a pile in my cupboard and then sell them on ebay :)

POLOP

Aspiring Trainer
Well since I live in Australia I would get more for a bunch of commons than people in America.
I just chuck in some reverse holos I dont want either and I would get around $10 per 100, so just stick a bunch of 1000 cards on there and get $100.

Lionheart

Retribution Paladin > You
I have 1 VERY big folder, and a 9 page x12 binder. in the big one...

Pokemon ex-->Foils-->rares-->Unltd Foils-->Unltd Rares

In the smaller one...

Promos, Shinings, Pokemon*, Former Gamebreaking Cards, Collectables, Sentamentel cards, all that mumbo jumbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.