Some translations of Holon Phantom by vincent0906 [updated]

I can't wait to see the new twists of this game. This will more likely to break the format IMO. I think that the US version of the set will have more cards, such as what you get in the Japanese tins (with Mewtwo* and Pikachu*), and other delta Promos. Most definitely it will be likely to happen.

No, you dont need to discard 2. If the card you discarded to use the Holon Supporter was a delta pokemon, you draw the extra card.

Read what Vincent said. Right now, all Holon Supporters have a little disclaimer on them. It reads:

Discard a card from your hand. If you cannot discard a card from your hand, you cannot play this card.

Now, I asked if this new Holon supporter had the same sentence, and Vincent said yes. That means to play the card, you have to discard a card from your hand. Then as the effect of the card, you discard a card from your hand and draw 3, and if the card discarded was a delta, draw another card.

So in the long-term, you discard 2 cards to draw 3-4 cards.

edit: Maybe this is wrong. Vincent, do you discard 2 cards to use the card, 1 for the effect and 1 to play it to begin with? I was just looking over the spoiler for it and it seemed like you didn't have to.

Holon Explorer -Supporter
This card cannot be played unless you first discard a card from your hand.
Draw 3 cards. If you discarded a delta species pokemon, draw 1 more card.

Remember that card from TRR?
http://www.pokebeach.com/sets/exteamrocketreturns.html

This will be the same but Delta-version =p

Yes, sure, on paper it seems that way, but if you look at every supporter in english that has the word Holon in it, they all have the same disclaimer that is not part of the effect of the card. They all read above the effect of the supporter, "Discard a card from your hand. If you cannot discard a card from your hand, you cannot play this card." Once you discard a card from your hand, then you can use the effect of the card. Now, I was asking Vincent if the effect of the card makes you discard a card from your hand, or if that was just the ordinary Holon supporter ruling on it.

If it is the effect of the card, and not the regular holon text, then that would mean you would discard 1 card to play this card, and then use the effect of the card, and have to discard 1 more card.

I was just looking to clarify that.

Back